Notice PC Commander update - Known error 'Invalid Machine ID'

Greetings Commanders,

It’s possible that some PC players may initially have problems logging into the Fleet Carriers Update.

If you experience an error message regarding Invalid Machine ID’s, please make sure you perform the following steps:

• Open the Launcher
  • Click Options -> Log Out Machine
    • It’s really important to use Log Out Machine, and not just Log Out!
  • Restart the Launcher, fill in your details, and log into game

This should resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Tim
keep getting login problems despite above mentioned
1591726280781.png

and then
1591726300592.png

is there a solution already?

Orange sidewinder after 2 minutes of waiting screen with my turning ship.
Re-Login, reboot. Steam launcher, Frontier launcher... All the same

Can only launch ED via Oculus Home and the launcher closes down after trying to launch ED, so cannot apply the suggested fix in the OP.

Edit: Sorted. when i fixed an unexpected exception error, which i also had, the launcher stayed awake, making it possible to apply the fix in the OP.

Last edited:
back out. I get in some and then get kicked. Black adder and all the rest. Now it says "We were unable to restore your user session..." In my free time I keep checking to see fleet carriers in the eddb.io database for the stations that have them but don't see them yet. Inara either. I realize now I am obsessing.

back out. I get in some and then get kicked. Black adder and all the rest. Now it says "We were unable to restore your user session..." In my free time I keep checking to see fleet carriers in the eddb.io database for the stations that have them but don't see them yet. Inara either. I realize now I am obsessing.
  • Colonia – Jaques Station
  • Ehlanda – Clark Port
  • Agartha – Enoch Port
  • Panoi – Garan Hub
  • CD-47 990 – Jackson Ring
  • Lan Tzak – Jacobi Platform
  • Namnetes – Jolliet Enterprise
  • Kruger 60 – Kepler Gateway
  • Skeggiko O – Kuo Terminal
  • Balante – Laplace Ring
  • Alcor – Macdonald Settlement
  • Kakmbutan – Macgregor Orbital
  • Diso - Shifnalport
Although I can't confirm as fix doesn't work.

Same here with server errors and 404 errors. It's just the update for Fleets, overwhelming ED's servers. Wait it out. I've tried the Logout Machine and the logoff, which did help but still getting random Server Connection errors. I guess ED has more players than I thought. They need to bring some servers online to handle the load, or as I said, just wait it out. Nothing you can do.

Same here with server errors and 404 errors. It's just the update for Fleets, overwhelming ED's servers. Wait it out. I've tried the Logout Machine and the logoff, which did help but still getting random Server Connection errors. I guess ED has more players than I thought. They need to bring some servers online to handle the load, or as I said, just wait it out. Nothing you can do.
Yes.. but sometimes no.
fix.PNG

Worked for me.. but I also had to turn off "Run As Administrator, as it was giving an error.
I.e. I tried the bottom one. Didn't work. Tried the top one; and not the bottom, worked. (No more error and game launched)
It is still set that way.
-- edit undid. Game still runs.
This is the error I got beforehand.
hurtme.png

I did one try of Log out Machine (get the email verification code) but that did not work. Tried windows firewall/defender disabled, did not work. Tried run as admin and got {did not work} a new error, then tried above after un-doing the Run as Admin setting. All the while watching, as everyone else had struggle, but were able to mass-construct the most aggressively grown player-owned flotilla ever conceived!
All made from diamond money.

\\\///
Oo
Spike.k

Last edited:
Can only launch ED via Oculus Home and the launcher closes down after trying to launch ED, so cannot apply the suggested fix in the OP.

Edit: Sorted. when i fixed an unexpected exception error, which i also had, the launcher stayed awake, making it possible to apply the fix in the OP.
I also am stuck here, with the Unecpected Exception Error. Any clues how to fix that?
EDIT: You need to disable or uninstall Microsoft.NET framework and re install with the most current .NET framework

I disabled NET Framework 3.5 and left NET Framework 4.8 enabled.
Then I could manage the Elite Dangerous Launcher, login, etc. after rebooting. Yay!

Last edited:
Top Bottom