Penguins!!!

A great edition to the game would be penguins, they're really fun animals and guests love them. Humboldt.jpg

I am really curious about the Gamescom reveals!

So far, we haven't seen any animals that spend most of their time in the water (let alone aquatic animals).
I agree, they are usually very fun to watch, as they tend to be lively and their switching lokomotion methods are entertaining. Your requested pinguines, but also beaver, seals(!), and otters would be great!

This lokomotion switch, however, is also quite demanding to animate and the animal's AI has to be quite different to the "pure" land locked animals.
(Edit: Hippos don't count, as they actually walk under water. ;) )
Hence I can easily imagine that medium-switching animals (and pure water animals) are postponed for a future specialized DLC.

But we will learn soon enough about it! :)

Last edited:

So far, we haven't seen any animals that spend most of their time in the water (let alone aquatic animals).
I agree, they are usually very fun to watch, as they tend to be lively and their switching lokomotion methods are entertaining. Your requested pinguines, but also beaver, seals(!), and otters would be great!

This lokomotion switch, however, is also quite demanding to animate and the animal's AI has to be quite different to the "pure" land locked animals.
Hence I can easily imagine that medium-switching animals (and pure water animals) are postponed for a future specialized DLC.

Let alone we never saw any arctic animals, yet there's snow in the game, and we know that there will probably be a tundra map.

That's true. I believe that we will see penguins in the game though, either in base game, or if not, in a expansion down the line.

Agreed I think these animals would also be great and would really go with the underwater viewing areas!

African penguins perhaps? 🐧

They're so common in zoos, I would be surprised if we never got to see them in PZ! Whether that's in the base game is yet to be seen, but I'm hopeful :)

Top Bottom