Penguins!

I would love to see Penguins in a new patch. I was actually disappointed that they did not appear in the upcoming Arctic pack. There are plenty of endangered penguins to work with and one of my favorite animals to play around with

No Penguines (and other - flying - birds nor other diving animals) until an expansion/pach that adds a propper "3D navigation AI". There is no way around this, sorry. :(
And unfortunately, this still will take time. The game just came out without such a quite complicated mechanism. It certainly won't be added so soon after the launch, when there are still many "conventional" animals to add.
How long did it take until the first "full" Planet Coaster expansion? One year?

(People may request diving/flying animals as much and as often as they want, express their disappointment about their omission as heartbreaking as they can - it won't change anything! And I am pretty sure, the Frontier team did perceive the vibes already. They are not that subtle ...)

Last edited:
No Penguines (and other - flying - birds nor other diving animals) until an expansion/pach that adds a propper "3D navigation IA". There is no way around this, sorry. :(
And unfortunately, this still will take time. The game just came out without such a quite complicated mechanism. It certainly won't be added so soon after the launch, when there are still many "conventional" animals to add.
How long did it take until the first "full" Planet Coaster expansion? One year?

(People may request diving/flying animals as much and as often as they want, express their disappointment about their omission as heartbreaking as they can - it won't change anything! And I am pretty sure, the Frontier team did perceive the vibes already. They are not that subtle ...)
What was the PC expansion?

I don't own PC, so my question about the timing was genuine.
But apparently (after a quick research, that I wanted to avoid ;) ) the first full DLC expansion was the "Spooky Pack" and it came 9 month after the launch.
Aaad...
Considering PC we're getting more in this PZ pack than we did with PC packs. I just hope they opt for bigger expansions aswell.

According to https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/penguin there are between 17 and 19 species of Penguin worldwide, and they don't all live in the arctic. Some live in Austrailia and New Zealand while others live in Africa and the Galápagos. There are plenty of species to choose from, and they don't necessarily have to be cold weather ones even though the cold weather ones tend to be popular. So, maybe we'll get them in another pack. :D

When I said arctic, I meant cold weather. It was a poor choice of words. My humble apologies. The Word Antarctica has the word arctic in it, and it's a bad habit for me to think of the words as one. I'll get better. Thanks for the correction! :)

Only seven out of 18 penguin species live in colder environments,so they don't necessarily need to link penguins to some colder climate pack.
Smaller penguin species like the Humboldt Penguin are actually more liked by guests(especially children),because they are way more "agile",tend to swim more etc. than e.g. the bigger King Penguin.

Only seven out of 18 penguin species live in colder environments,so they don't necessarily need to link penguins to some colder climate pack.
Smaller penguin species like the Humboldt Penguin are actually more liked by guests(especially children),because they are way more "agile",tend to swim more etc. than e.g. the bigger King Penguin.
Correction, I saw Hamboldt penguins.
I kinda hope they include the emperor penguin tho, they're gorgeous, big and a classic. I'm not that hyped for others, I don't mind if they are in the game, but I really hope we get emperor penguins.

Correction, I saw Hamboldt penguins.
I kinda hope they include the emperor penguin tho, they're gorgeous, big and a classic. I'm not that hyped for others, I don't mind if they are in the game, but I really hope we get emperor penguins.

I can't think of any zoo that has emperor penguins. King penguins seem to be the more popular choice because they can cope in less rigid climates (king penguins live on the sub-Antarctic islands, still within the Antarctic Ciricle but not in the same range as the emperors). Zoo Tycoon used the emperor because it's more recognisable, but nowadays people in general seem to be more familiar with a wider range of penguins. If PZ introduces them, I'd hope for the king over the emperor, as it's more in line with real zoos.

That said I'd also love the little blue penguin. The Australians try and claim it (under the name "fairy penguin") as their own, but they live in New Zealand as well, and are a common feature in zoos and aquaria here in NZ.

Of course, without diving/swimming animations, Frontier couldn't do any penguins justice. IMO, better not to have them at all until such a feature is implemented (it would also make the crocodilia, bears, even the elephants much more fun to keep as well).

Penguins one of my most anticipated animals for the game. I agree with NZFanatic about the mechanics and am hopeful frontier can make it happen. My local zoo has Hamboldt penguins and I got to say they are entertaining little guys a little loud sometimes but fun to watch.

Top Bottom