Pilot's log book?

I have searched and searched but I can not find out how to have Pilot's log books?
Tried to get/use "Captain's Log" but it will not run on my system, tried everything.
Inara has others log books to read and even subscribe to but no link to have your own?

Maybe EDDiscovery, there is information about it in the Tools and API forum.
I use that, there is room to put small notes in your flight logs but I don't think they show up in Inara. The one in EDSM doesn't seem to work right at least I can't get it to. When I hit "Submit" it just returns to the same screen with icons for Delete or Edit and what you already had in it is still there.
I was thinking something speech to text as your seeing it along the way kind of thing. That is what "Captain's Log" is suppose to be like but I can't get it to work

I was thinking something speech to text as your seeing it along the way kind of thing. That is what "Captain's Log" is suppose to be like but I can't get it to work

Whoa...

Captain's Log sounds like something really useful. Got a link to it? I'd like to check it out. If I can get it to work I'll post exactly what I did to achieve that. I use Win7 Pro (that might make a difference).

EDDiscovery has support for speech, but I don't know if it supports speech-to-text for the Captains' Log. The devs are pretty active though for one thing, and for another it might be pretty trivial to add an ActionScript which can do that.

Whoa...

Captain's Log sounds like something really useful. Got a link to it? I'd like to check it out. If I can get it to work I'll post exactly what I did to achieve that. I use Win7 Pro (that might make a difference).
Here is a demo video of it working:

Figured out how to have them in Inara:
Step 1:

Step 2: Click the [Add new log book entry]

Don't forget to save and done.
Now to figure IF I want them public or private?
*But you have to type them after you did whatever it is that you want to keep a record of - no voice to text(Yet lol).

"Captians log, star date... oh hell I don't even know what day it is anymore. I'm SOMEwhere... out .. THERE. Out here, and I have no crew... NO... crew. But the ship is doing fine, I cannot recall why I came this far out HERE... here. I have to find some answers.. Schmack out"

"Captians log, star date... oh hell I don't even know what day it is anymore. I'm SOMEwhere... out .. THERE. Out here, and I have no crew... NO... crew. But the ship is doing fine, I cannot recall why I came this far out HERE... here. I have to find some answers.. Schmack out"
Log books are a part of the game sooo, plus you can keep an "I owe that MFer one for that" list lol :D

*But you have to type them after you did whatever it is that you want to keep a record of - no voice to text(Yet lol).

You could always download a speech to text app, and then copypaste when you're done. It's not ideal for immersion, admittedly, but it's better than nothing, particularly if you'd rather dictate whilst flying than type it out in browser.

You could always download a speech to text app, and then copypaste when you're done. It's not ideal for immersion, admittedly, but it's better than nothing, particularly if you'd rather dictate whilst flying than type it out in browser.
I'm thinking the same thing but I'll have to get a external mic first- I have the mics on this locked down(Microsoft spies on you in 248 different ways) then I'll download something.

Top Bottom