Pinning+Resizing Menus

Moved from beta feedback for better visibility.

I was playing a bit of the beta and had to open up the zoo panel for some employee maintenance (training and work zoning mostly) and I had a thought:

Wouldn't it be nice if we could pin certain menus to stay up until manually closed, rather than closing automatically? For instance, if I want to have my current warthog stud's genetics open while I browse the marketplace for a better boy, I could pin his info panel and have the marketplace and his info open at the same time; when done, unpin and close, and it'll close like normal again. You can also pin bigger menus, like the zoo or marketplace, or two animals in your zoo (got two male warthogs? Pin one's info, and look at the other's to compare).
Combined with this, it would be great to be able to move some menus around on the screen, especially animal information, staff, and building panels.
It'd also be nice to have animal panels open to the last 'tab' we were viewing on a previous animal, if possible. I'm a bit iffier on the means of this one, but basically, if we closed out of an animal info menu on the terrain tab, then when we click on another animal, it opens on the terrain tab. Especially useful when looking at genetics, but also hopefully the eventual studbook and even the plants tab (if switching between a couple of species in a multi-species habitat, for example). Like I said, I'm iffier on this, but it would definitely be handy. Possibly a toggle option in the menu?

While I'm on the subject of 'pinning' though: being able to 'save' filters in things, like the marketplace, would be really handy. The nature and habitat panels as well, of course, but after waiting 3 days for a sable antelope buck, the time-saving of being able to set up a filtered search of the marketplace and check back to see updated results would be so useful. It gets really tedious clicking through the filters every time when you know exactly what you want. Of course, a 'clear filter' button would likely also have to be added for simple one-click clearing of the 'pinned' filter.

Certainly being able to pin the Animals requirements/welfare levels so you can have a few of them open on screen at once, e.g. one of each of the animal type in the enclosure, while you are building the habitat would be great.

For me the biggest thing I think, now I've had some more time to think it over, it having the zoopedia open and on the far right while the trade center is open. Or your animal list open behind the trade center, so you could click over to check existing animals to see what specifically you might need to buy, without exiting out of the TC itself.

I had to think it over a bit, but being able to resize some screens and keep a couple open at once would really just be a pretty handy tool.

Top Bottom