Pirate in Deciat System.

A PVP pirate just killed me in the Deciat system (Near the Carson Hub). If there's anyone nearby willing to help and wing up, please DM CMDR 'MartinEdition'.

There's, sadly, many of these lamers. In high traffic systems, such as Deciat. A lot of CMDR's switch to solo or a private group.

Counter ganking the gankers will only result in more ganking. Starve them of the negative attention they crave. (y)

Lamers-gonna-be-lame-meme.jpg

I had plenty o' fun yesterday looking for gankers around Deciat. Died several times, and I even got sent to the prison at one time, because I forgot that I was in the no fire zone when I glued my Vulture towards a shield tanked Cutter firing my rapid fire screening shell frags into his hull. To whomever that was: Great fun! To your friends: Not so easy hitting a small ship when it's literally behind the shields of your friends giant white plastic space fallos, without hitting him as well? :D I had you down two rings of shield, alone against you and your two sneaky friends in your dull supertankers. Didn't catch your name, but I'm pretty sure we'll meet again ;) Always watch your six.

I guess the isolation during the pandemic is bad for my mental health. I used to be a pacifist. Now I like killing immature teenage bois.

If you were killed in Deciat by another player, its unlikely they wanted to pirate your ship. It was probably just a player killer with no intention of pirating your cargo, if indeed you where carrying any.

This sort of player interaction is allowed within the rules of ED and can happen anywhere in open, especially in high activity areas such as engineer systems.

Best thing to do is put it behind you, learn from the experience and take whatever action you need to minimise the risk of getting killed again.

Get yourself a Sidewinder and go to Deciat in Solo. Buy the enhanced performance thrusters there and get a 2A frame shift drive interdictor and some heatsinks. Consider your ship as ammo. Go out and continuously interdict the gangkers, then immediately boost away and engage silent running until you can get your FSD going. Repeat until they cry. You should be able to get away most times, but even if you get caught, your rebuy will probably be less than their costs.

Last edited:
Get yourself a Sidewinder and go to Deciat in Solo. Buy the enhanced performance thrusters there and get a 2A frame shift drive interdictor and some heatsinks. Consider your ship as ammo. Go out and continuously interdict the gangers, then immediately boost away and engage silent running until you can get your fed going. Repeat until they cry. You should be able to get away most times, but even if you get caught, your debut will probably be less than their costs.
Genuinely considering doing this!

Top Bottom