Pirate masscre missions - how to counter them?

Pirate massacre missions are a nice way to make money in ED. I like to do them with friends, they are good to make some money, get mats and test new builds. Even better when they are combined with a mission.

But on the receiving end of this is always an anarchy faction. Watching them in the system where I use do this missions, I see them down to a solid 0%. For months now, and I´m not even doing these missions on a regular basis.

Our player group is about to enter the game with a PMF. We will have an anarchy "goverment". And now I´m afraid there´s nothing I can do should commanders decide to to their piratekillmissions in our system. I feel I can´t do enough missions to counter 2 to 3 people going on a pirate kill spree.

Any ideas how to counter this?

Good morning Commander o7

I fear there won't be much chance of a snowball in hell to avoid what you mentioned.

The only thing I could think of is that your Anarchy System would be unattractive in means of Pirate hunting - meaning no RES sites in it at all. If people are forced to complete missions sitting at a Nav Beacon or hunting through Supercruise that takes a lot of the appeal away.

Aside of that I'm unaware of anything except that you'd complete your own PMF's missions - which mostly consist of killing Civilians or other types of NPCs in surrounding Systems. And that will make you wanted in your neighbouring Systems.

Not easy being the bad people, though I believe you didn't want things easy so you decided to roll with this government type.

Good morning and thanks for the answer.

I like the picture of a snowball in hell - seems accurate.
Too bad the system we are going for offers a wide range of rings with RES, so that won´t work out eighter. :D

While I´m totally fine with the troubles a life of crime brings with it, this remains as an unsolvable task. Maybe I should ask FDev what they think about that. Could be it´s just under their radar.

Also, we are very friendly bad people. Maybe this helps with future neighbours.

All depends where in the bubble you pop up and what Powerplay faction is active in the area. Anarchy governments are a bane to Powerplay everywhere (except with the Anarchy PP naturally), so they're highly disliked.

If your System isn't important to them though you might not have much issues. Then again you could throw all that to the wind and go the full Anarchist route. Which might be fun for a while but certainly won't help to further peaceful co-existence with the rest of the community.

Are there any successful Anarchy PMFs? While some have a high profile, how many make a go of it in the BGS?

Are there any successful Anarchy PMFs? While some have a high profile, how many make a go of it in the BGS?
Not many. Of the 57 listed on EDDB, most don't control a single asset. Ones which have significant size:

Diamond Frogs (16 control systems)
TGNO Corp (12)
Black Omega (11)
Time of Chaos (9)
The Guild of Sefry (6)
Children of Raxxla (5)
...then six more that control more than one system.

That doesn't seem that much worse, in terms of ratios, than most other government types, though - for Corporate, about 2/3 haven't gone beyond their own system in terms of control.

All depends where in the bubble you pop up and what Powerplay faction is active in the area. Anarchy governments are a bane to Powerplay everywhere (except with the Anarchy PP naturally), so they're highly disliked.

If your System isn't important to them though you might not have much issues. Then again you could throw all that to the wind and go the full Anarchist route. Which might be fun for a while but certainly won't help to further peaceful co-existence with the rest of the community.

Should we get the system we are wishing for we´d be just between 2 control spheres of two powers. It looks like a lucky system that´s just outside of any influence but at the same time it´s in the middle of the bubble. I´m aware powers don´t like anarchy for obvious reasons. But since we´re not planning to expand I don´t see a big problem with that. We just want to have a home, it´s about time after three years in game for many of us.

Also hello and thanks, Ian. Good to see you around. I´ll look to get in contact with one of these factions you mentioned, sure they know best about this delicate topic.

I've been told that since murder is not a crime in Anarchy systems, killing Anarchy NPCs do not have nearly as much effect. This, however, only applies if the Anarchy is in control of the system.

Other than that, kill the Commanders attacking your faction. There is one well-known Anarchy faction that I support, and currently is under assault by these Kill Pirate missions. I killed about six commanders yesterday.

Lastly, you can dump exploration data in a station that they own, one system at a time. This will override any effects of killing NPC's.

As Black Omega's former BgS coordinator, I didn't find too much trouble with people killing our NPCs. The positive effects of mission-running and data deliveries will counter it.

These days black markets don't hamstring your anarchy faction, they positively help and have nicely inflated prices for booty! Plus you will have the benefit of IF offices at your stations, making you attractive for fellow criminal visitors and those bounty-hunter types who can't shoot straight ;)

Best of luck, OP o7

Pirate MMs are not as daunting as ones that target Civilians or Military ships.

NPCs that carry bounties don't effect influence where murdering clean ships does.

At worst you are dealing with them handing in Bounteis in the system along with the mission effect.
At least its not counting that murder damage.

Top Bottom