Place to find Arsenic better than 1 drop per hour on planets?

If you need arsenic i would say go to deciat, the last moon that orbits the gas giant where farseers base is has a decent drop rate. I got 6 after driiving around for about 10 mins (ship didnt even dismiss itself) just look for mesoderites.

Can confirm I am there and have gotten some arsenic so far, so thanks for a great tip. I'm having trouble finding some of the engineered materials, I got a lot of what I needed at Dav's Hope, but there are some I have not seen spawn there. Happen to know any other good spots like Dav's Hope or that crash site in Orrere?

Some other stuff i use is:

CQC Installations (e.g. Ngalkin, Dain, Rahu planet 1) spawn:

Data from sats:
Atypical encryption archives
Exceptional scrambled emission data
Irregular emission data
Open symmetric keys
Tagged encrypt
Unexpected emission data,
Spec legacy firmware

Mats:
Chem processors
Conductive components
Galavanising alloys
Grid resistors
Heat conduction wiring
Heat dispersion plate
Hybrid caps
Mech equip
Mech scrap
Salvaged alloys
Shield emitters
Worn shield emitters

Some other stuff i use is:

CQC Installations (e.g. Ngalkin, Dain, Rahu planet 1) spawn:

Data from sats:
Atypical encryption archives
Exceptional scrambled emission data
Irregular emission data
Open symmetric keys
Tagged encrypt
Unexpected emission data,
Spec legacy firmware

Mats:
Chem processors
Conductive components
Galavanising alloys
Grid resistors
Heat conduction wiring
Heat dispersion plate
Hybrid caps
Mech equip
Mech scrap
Salvaged alloys
Shield emitters
Worn shield emitters

Man I didn't even think about CQC installations. Awesome, too bad I can't rep you again yet. At the moment I am having a helluva time finding Proto-Light Alloys, Proto-Radiolic Alloy, and of course the never ending EFC search. Oh and Technetium, another troublesome .

Last edited:

Stealthie

Banned
Masszony 1aa has tons of arsenic - picked up 36 in 20 minutes yesterday. Also got 15 Ruthenium. And its fairly central in the bubble.

Was just about to post the same thing.

EDDB tells me that Arsenic content is 2.9% which is only 0.1% lower than the highest (IIRC) in the EDDB database.

For those who need a bit more detail:-
Go here.

QEr9INw.png

Land on the edge of this Crater.

8qiulhN.png

Hunt For Bronzite Chrondrites.

a2tKiXW.png

It's not that Arsenic, itself, is ridiculously common but the Chrondrites are and they yield Arsenic so you're going to come away with a fair bit after an hour of charging around, blasting at rocks.

Also, don't mean to say this is THE best place/method for collecting Arsenic.
Just that it works reasonably well, and reliably, for me.

Last edited:
Deciat 6D.

I normally need arsenic for FSD mods at Felicity Farseer in the same system, so 6D is really close by.

2.5% arsenic which means you'll get a drop (of 3 arsenic) every 6 or 7 rocks you shoot, on average. Typically if I drive around shooting rocks and meteorites for half an hour I'll have 20+ arsenic and I feel (can't back it up) that Mesosiderite is the best source to go for if you have a choice on your wavescanner.

Googled every guide, watched plenty of videos on where to find Arsenic. Currently following the advice of one, roaming a planet in my scarab that has 2.5% and I get one drop per hour. I'm aware of how to look for planets that have more or less, but I'm oo old for that much time. It's fun here and there, jist need a higher drop rate.

Apparently some time ago you could get a good deal of Arsenic from lava spouts or something but people are saying that is no longer possible.

Any advice on a good area?

If you go from the bubble, even 300ly out, find pristine reserves.

The other day near Maia, 5-6 dropped in 15 mins for me.

its like a triple whammy arsenic. you need at least major reserves, pref pristine; metal rich planet is better than high metal for frequency; and you need a high % (2.5 is highest i have seen). i expect you could try mining but i only ever saw one rock that had high materials - mostly its low chance and some medium chance. and im not sure which type would drop arsenic if it ever drops rocky, or metallic/metal rich rings.

I found it spawned better up on the crater rims rather than down in the craters themselves, but that may simply be a RNG effect deceiving me.

Not RNG. AFAIK, this is working as intended.

For best materials drops, always look along crater rims. I used to struggle finding Arsenic. Not any more.

i expect you could try mining but i only ever saw one rock that had high materials - mostly its low chance and some medium chance. and im not sure which type would drop arsenic if it ever drops rocky, or metallic/metal rich rings.
I've answered this 9 posts above yours. The ring type or reserves (pristine/deleted) don't affect the drop rate in rings. Each ring is specific, just like a planet. Actually the ring type does matter, in that metal rich has far more High yield roids than any other ring type. Metal-rich > Rocky > Metallic > Icy.

I have found one ring that is 2.9% arsenic. I got so much I had to throw some of it away.

Googled every guide, watched plenty of videos on where to find Arsenic. Currently following the advice of one, roaming a planet in my scarab that has 2.5% and I get one drop per hour. I'm aware of how to look for planets that have more or less, but I'm oo old for that much time. It's fun here and there, jist need a higher drop rate.
Apparently some time ago you could get a good deal of Arsenic from lava spouts or something but people are saying that is no longer possible.

EDDB.io, go to "bodies", select "Arsenic", then sort the list by ore %. Search the high percentage (3.5 or 3.6%) bodies for one near you and go there. Pick a direction, any direction (if the sun is up I will drive toward it, easy to see) and the game will spawn mesosiderites near your path. Do not go fast as the spawn rate is the same whether you drive 10 m/sec or 30.

I found that the further out of the bubble I go into unexplored space ( where there are no stations or populations for 500 LY in all directions) I can find rare minerals and metals very easily. Also mining can bring in quite a few rare metals and minerals for synthesis.

If you are Elite the first planet in the founder's system. Probably got 75 in one day while I was collecting for FSD rolls.

I've always found it reasonably good there for arsenic but as an indicator that there really may be something off about the spawn rate of that particular element, last time I picked up about 18 or so arsenic there I bagged about 25 polonium just from incidental rock shooting whilst looking for it. From memory, arseinc is supposed to be about three times as prevalent.

For anybody looking for some (arsenic I mean) it spawns in mesosiderites, metallic meterorites and bronzite chondrites. It's supposed to be mostly found in mesosiderites as far as I'm aware, is less common in metallic meteorites and is only a very occasional find in bronzite chondrites - I'd never specifically look for it in those, just if you happen to be passing one it's worth shooting it anyway in case of a bonus find.

What seems to be screwed up about it, in my experience anyway, is that I can frequently shoot 10-15 mesosiderites and still not find any arsenic. That literally never happens to me with any of the other rare and very rare elements when shooting the respective meteorite types that spawn them; I can't remmeber ever shooting even five metallic meteorites on a polonium planet without getting some for example.

As far as I'm aware there shouldn't be any magic arsenic planet, the only thing that's supposed to dictate the availability is the percentage shown on the planet info in the system map. I do strongly suspect that the spawn rate is artificially buffed in some places though, Founders #1 being one of them and whichever planet it is near Farseer's in Deciat that is listed as having arsenic being another.

Last edited:
If you're only getting one drop per hour something's not right at 2.5%

How often are you shooting rocks/meteorites?

I mean, I usually spend 30-60 minutes on a planet before getting bored of surface prospecting, but I'd guess I end up shooting a couple of dozen nodes and that would net me around 150 elements dropped, which should be 4 arsenic at 3 per pickup, so 12, but I skew the average because I'm pretty sure there's a higher chance of arsenic dropping from meteorites and mesosiderite. If I don't leave the planet with less than 15 arsenic in under an hour, I've been very unlucky.

Perhaps Red Anders is right and arsenic has been buffed slightly on Deciat 6D because it's a necessary reagent for Farseer's in the same system.

Last edited:
Top Bottom