Place your bets now please

I'm going to say 100% "no" in my case because the problem for me is either on oculus' side or a hardware limitation (direct mode doesn't work for anything in my case)

Will direct mode work flawlessly at 75hz without me having to monkey around configs and screens order?

yea... not likely. :(

I'm going to say 100% "no" in my case because the problem for me is either on oculus' side or a hardware limitation (direct mode doesn't work for anything in my case)
I had a similar issue recently. Fixed it by formatting and reinstalling windows :|
Fancied a clean up anyway.

Direct mode worked fine for me before this current update (haven't tried it yet), but it didn't have quite as good of performance so I stuck with extended. Hopefully they get it working 100% sometime in the near future.

I had a similar issue recently. Fixed it by formatting and reinstalling windows :|
Fancied a clean up anyway.

Heh...this was on a fresh install of windows 8.1 but I have laptop with optimus tech which might explain the problem. I think the problem is that when oculus tries to mirror the display on the laptop display it locks in at that refresh rate for direct mode or something like that. I just know that everything in direct mode for me is locked at 37.5fps (exactly half of 75fps)

Top Bottom