Planet Coaster - 1.1.1 Update Notes

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hey all!

Here's a quick post to let you know that, true to form, those awesome Planet Coaster developers have got another super quick update making it's way to Planet Coaster!

Here's the update notes, enjoy!

• All content from the 1.1 free Winter Update now available in all challenge parks (including pre-existing saves).
  • Arctic sandbox and challenge maps from the 1.1 free Winter Update have been enlarged.
  • Improvements to Snap Alignment on 4m curved wall pieces.
  • Batteries have been fitted into the Festive King Coaster Mascot fairy lights and are now visible in game
  • The "set lighting" button for time of day is now saved and applied when re-loading a saved park
  • Fix added for Launched wing - Cloud runner rollercoaster train audio not working
  • Fix added for Mute option on shop radio not working
  • Arctic Hard challenge mode refund rate is now consistent
  • Fixed bug in starting setting for Tropical Easy Challenge parks

Hey all!

Here's a quick post to let you know that, true to form, those awesome Planet Coaster developers have got another super quick update making it's way to Planet Coaster!

Here's the update notes, enjoy!

• All content from the 1.1 free Winter Update now available in all challenge parks (including pre-existing saves).
  • Arctic sandbox and challenge maps from the 1.1 free Winter Update have been enlarged.
  • Improvements to Snap Alignment on 4m curved wall pieces.
  • Batteries have been fitted into the Festive King Coaster Mascot fairy lights and are now visible in game
  • The "set lighting" button for time of day is now saved and applied when re-loading a saved park
  • Fix added for Launched wing - Cloud runner rollercoaster train audio not working
  • Fix added for Mute option on shop radio not working
  • Arctic Hard challenge mode refund rate is now consistent
  • Fixed bug in starting setting for Tropical Easy Challenge parks

WOOOOW making me so happy Guys

AMAZING TEAM

really AMAZING
cant find better words.

"All content from the 1.1 free Winter Update now available in all challenge parks (including pre-existing saves)."

GREAt YEah im so so so happy :D

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
I notice you kept using he word "free" does that mean future content is coming that wont be "free"?

I imagine if they do large expansion packs they wouldn't be free.

DLC could include ride packs, themes, etc

FYI, I'de have paid for this update without hesitation.

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator

Same here!!

I would even want to say i would LIKE to pay :D The more money the game makes, the higher the chances are for more and more content [tongue]

And ofcourse amazing job we have an update this fast! Thank you!!

Last edited:
I imagine if they do large expansion packs they wouldn't be free.

DLC could include ride packs, themes, etc

Same here!!

I would even want to say i would LIKE to pay :D The more money the game makes, the higher the chances are for more and more content [tongue]

And ofcourse amazing job we have an update this fast! Thank you!!

I would expect nothing less from the Planet Coaster Ambassador and Volunteer Mod...

However the game has grossed well over $16 million dollars already. They've made enough money where they don't have to nickle and dime people during the holidays.

Nice quick updates :)

I would not have any problem at all with paying for this update if it wasn't free, Have already played over 90 hours so even spending a few 100 kronor more on DLCs / expansions would still make this game one of best in terms on krona spent per hours of fun / use for me, (surpassed by only SCSs trucksims (i have a very stressful work so i enjoy them for relaxation) .

Hope that there will be payed updates because this way the game will be expanding, wouldn't be a very viable bussines model for frontier to just make more stuff for free,

I would hope only that Frontier decides to make larger updates and not a bunch of micro-dlc, i rather pay more for a bigger pack of stuff. Like how CIties Skylanes expansions are.

I notice you kept using he word "free" does that mean future content is coming that wont be "free"?

I expect they will be 'free' for a little while yet. But then there has to be a way of sustaining the dev team. I will be buying up any paid updates they release without hesitation. [wacky]

Thanks Frontier. You've earned a lot of good will with this content patch. I don't expect every content release to be free, but I certainly appreciate it! Keep up the great work, and I'll keep telling everyone I know they have to play this.

I would pay (an appropriate price) for new content, such as the snow biome, the ride, the shops etc, but I would certainly not pay just for the management tweaks, for example, because to me that is core content.

I too would buy content without hesitation, the dev team have proven themselves to me that the content they produce is amazing. I will buy without hesitation until I'm given a reason not to. I do however hope they take note of Cities: Skylines DLC model. Large updates for paid content, but each major DLC has included improvements and new features for the core game for free as well. For Planet coaster this might mean a new management feature and a new ride while if you pay for the update you get several new management features and several new rides as well.

Hello,
Attractions and objects are still not available in challenge mode with a pre-existing backup!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. If this isn't living proof that you actually do love this game and want to make it as good as it can be then I don't know what is. Please take all my money from me.

Top Bottom