Patch Notes Planet Coaster: Console Edition 1.5.3 Update Notes

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
Hayo Coaster friends!

We've loved seeing all the wonderful blueprints on the Frontier Workshop from our fantastic Planco Fam. We recently held a creator competition showcasing some of the work, check it out on Twitter, here.

Planet Coaster: Console Edition continues to be monitored with our internal data and your reports from the issue tracker, and our awesome team has managed to squish a few more pesky bugs and smooth over some stability issues!

Here are the patch notes for Update 1.5.3:

Patch Notes:

Stability

• Fixed a crash caused by trying to move track editing widgets which have ceased to exist.
  • Fixed a crash caused when trying to add an exit gate to a station which is too small to support one.
  • Fixed an occasional hard lock when there is no space for entrance or exit gates to be placed.
  • Fixed a crash on trying to select the button to pay off a loan twice.
  • Various other rare crash fixes.
UI
  • Ride info panels now displays the correct "hire mechanic" or "request inspection" button depending on context.
Other
  • Achievements should now be awarded on Xbox platforms even if they were originally achieved offline.

Xbox series x , It's better with new patch but still crash randomly when 65% hoswald and more , and when install some path frame rate drop a lot and very slow
Thanks

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
Xbox series x , It's better with new patch but still crash randomly when 65% hoswald and more , and when install some path frame rate drop a lot and very slow
Thanks

Thanks for letting us know Faberjean27 & FunGaming, we'll let the team know!

In regards specifically to the FPS issues you're having, can you try capping your FPS in the settings to 30 and see if that helps your issue?

Unfortunately, I’m finding that the resolution and detail of scenery objects can be slow to load after this update. They appear very chunky and grainy, like something out of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. After a while, it seems like all of the data loads in, and they look fine. But it’s annoying...

Unfortunately, I’m finding that the resolution and detail of scenery objects can be slow to load after this update. They appear very chunky and grainy, like something out of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. After a while, it seems like all of the data loads in, and they look fine. But it’s annoying...
And... the autosave issue has resurfaced. Things were running smoothly all day, but this evening the game crashed while I was placing some scenery, and now I’m getting the “operation failed” error message every time the game tries to autosave, again.

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
Hey California, could you potentially share a video of the issue you're having?

Could you also let us know how full your storage drive is, also? These will help our team troubleshoot your issue.

Thanks!

I have had the texture streaming issues since December. Some items in the game refuse to load and have no texture or just a giant blur and it is really annoying. I reported this issue, and was told that it was normal. I have items in my park that will not load textures no matter what I do. That is the one thing that really makes me upset. :-(

Edit: I am on a base PS4 with plenty of Hard Drive storage.

Hey California, could you potentially share a video of the issue you're having?

Could you also let us know how full your storage drive is, also? These will help our team troubleshoot your issue.

Thanks!
Here’s a few examples. It seems like it’s related to the LOD not resolving, from my messing around. Like, the lower resolution used from farther distances isn’t changing as you zoom in... but the objects just start out like that. Zooming in and out, closing the game completely and reopening.... nothing I do can get it to change. I just have to wait for it to shift on its own. Also, my storage drive has 361 GB available.

D86353A8-5C8D-49E6-9CE2-16EF3D4A87EA.jpeg
BCC82271-E674-4D04-9C7E-92DA6D8157C8.jpeg
65CDE175-430D-450B-BB97-4A764E1EE3ED.jpeg

Last edited:
If that’s what they say, then that’s ridiculous. A game running on the PS5 shouldn’t look bad, especially when the fully rendered textures exist and were loading fine until a recent update. 🙁

Last edited:

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
Thanks for the information you provided us, could we also ask what the Oswald-Eugene Counter % was at in your park and also if you had any other applications running on the console?

Thanks for the information you provided us, could we also ask what the Oswald-Eugene Counter % was at in your park and also if you had any other applications running on the console?
I’m only running Planet Coaster these days 😂, and the OEC is at 17% in this park. I see this resolution issue regardless of OEC load, really.

Top Bottom