Planet Coaster: Console Edition - Update 1.3.3 Out Now!

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo coaster friends!

We hope you have been enjoying Planet Coaster: Console Edition! We've loved seeing what people have been creating, and we can't believe how many creations are already on the Frontier Workshop! Thanks to everyone who has shared their creations with us, and their fellow PlanCo Fam!

The team have been hearing your feedback, and reading the Issue Tracker, so thank you for sharing your pesky bugs with us! We're now ready to release Update 1.3.3 - please continue to share your Issue Tracker reports with us!

Here are the Update Notes for 1.3.3:

Stability
Added fixes for various crashes, including:
  • Crash when changing the track piece on a transport ride as the ride train is going over it
  • Crash when editing filters in the Workshop
  • Crash in the crowd simulation system
  • Crash when exiting the Workshop on the loading screen multiple times
  • Crash when deleting a scenery piece in a building that isn't the one you are currently editing
  • Crash when confirming advertising for an Info Booth
  • Crash when deleting or undoing placement of rides when heatmap was showing
  • (Xbox Series X|S) Crash when resuming from connected standby and attempting to enter career mode
UI
  • Added a "Categories" button prompt above the Browser to make it more clear how you access the Browser Categories panel
  • Added controller hints to the main menu
  • Fix for an issue with camera movement when exiting the Display Camera view for the first time in a game session
  • Updating the launch time on a sequencer group can now be undone correctly
  • Coaster test results will now correctly update to your specified units of measurement
  • Chain lift speed will now show in your specified units of measurement
Tools
  • Fix for an issue where you could become blocked from progressing during the multi-select step in the tutorial
  • Fixed an issue where Move Snap axes could become misaligned
Workshop
  • When uploading an item to the Workshop the warning will now say "Upload" rather than "Update"
  • Filters can now be reset when searching for items
  • Players can now view all parks they are subscribed to in the Parks Panel from the main menu, instead of a selection up to 50
Rides & Facilities
  • The Zenith coaster now has Top Hat track pieces available under the "Non Inverted" tab
Scenery & Blueprints
  • Added the ability to change the colours of multiples of the same item within a selection
  • Updated the names of some of the barrier items to make it clear that they can be used to block guests
  • Fix for an issue where Ambient Speaker audio can change between placements
  • Bins, benches, and vista points can now be rotated gradually by holding LB/L1 or RB/R1
  • Blueprint previews will now show special effects
Staff & Guests
  • Fix for an issue where guests could suddenly become "lost" on pathways
  • Guests no longer become stuck momentarily when placing path extras
  • Fix for guests becoming stuck when connecting pathways to/from rides and facilities
  • Fixed an issue where guests could be blocked from entering the Silversmith Manor scenario
  • Fixed a visual issue with guests appearing to float when descending down spiralled paths
  • Fixed an issue with Mechanics sometimes not finding broken vending machines
Misc.
  • Updated the credits

Nice to have a update to fix bugs but the only bug that aggravates me is the is the freezing in the menu when selecting a roller coaster elements for inversion.

Tim Smith

Lead Community Manager
Nice to have a update to fix bugs but the only bug that aggravates me is the is the freezing in the menu when selecting a roller coaster elements for inversion.

Hey Rooki£, the team is still hard at work looking into any problems community members have :) thanks for sharing, can I ask if you've reported this to the support team? They'll be able to help investigate further if you do! Any detail you can give them helps hone in on the issue and find a fix.

You can find the support website here: https://customersupport.frontier.co.uk/hc/en-us

I have to say, even with the build limit and that is still a pain....I love the support this game is getting from the Development team. This is the second patch since launch, which is really good to see. I am so glad I supported this game and even though I have Game Pass on Xbox Series X, I still bought the Deluxe Edition and even bought it for my PS5! Just happy to see the support and I hope it continues....now with that limit...anyway you can increase that let's say another 20% or so on Next Gen consoles?

Sorry to say, this patch hasn't made the game any more playable on Series X. I've reinstalled twice, and my longest play session lasts about 10 minutes before a freeze/crash. All content is installed on the internal drive. I've frozen while saving, while completing career objectives, while resolving research, when in the radial menu, when deleting items, when opening rides, when placing paths... Basically, any action you do in this game, including just moving the cursor across the terrain seems to have about a 25% chance to cause the game to lock up. Had less issues on X1X and even before the first patch on SX. Really wish I could get my money back, especially since it was announced on gamepass only 1 day before release, and Microsoft denied me on Nov 9th. So I paid for the pre-order for a game that is available with the subscription service I pay for, was denied a refund, should that even be able to happen? I don't think it should... and it is nearly unplayable anyway. Has left me with an overall extremely sour experience.

Last edited:
Same Here. With the patch the game keeps freezing every 10 min. On ps4. Please revert your changes asap. It’s literally unplayable. I don’t mind bugs, but for 50 euros i can expect a finished product. Very disappointing :(

Imagine a patch that makes gameplay worse. Imagine no more as frontier have created it. Literally any action can trigger a crash.....crazy.

I cannot download something from the Workshop since the Update. And where can I find the new category button? I don't see them. Do you have a photo as example? And is it possible to hide the UI/menu by pressing the left or right stick or anything else? That would be nice!

Last edited:
I had to create an account just to let you know that this is the worst team of developers in the history of gaming your game is still broken with patched so-called crashes, was in it for a total of five minutes before it crashed on series X. This game is an absolute joke, I’m just bored and trying to fill the time until cyberpunk comes out. I can’t even do that because you can’t fix the crashes.

I had to create an account just to let you know that this is the worst team of developers in the history of gaming your game is still broken with patched so-called crashes, was in it for a total of five minutes before it crashed on series X. This game is an absolute joke, I’m just bored and trying to fill the time until cyberpunk comes out. I can’t even do that because you can’t fix the crashes.
Me too January and no fix for series x. I hate this developer

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hi there Tortorella1 and Galen's,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues in Planet Coaster: Console Edition. The dev team is actively looking into performance issues and working on finding working reproduction cases.

Any and as much detail you can provide us with will help us out, including what you were doing when seeing performance issues (crashes, stuttering, slowdown, etc), the length of your play session, what platform you're on, and details about the park when the performance issues happened (guest count, staff count, Oswald-Eugene counter %, etc).

Its been sometime since we have had a patch/update on planet coaster for the consoles and I had been holding back from the game since December as the bugs causes crashes and stability issues.

I would like to know when abouts or estimated time when we are most likely to get some news about this patch to fix a large quantity of bugs from the game as I loved the game at launch as it seamed to have less bug back then than we have now.

Please give us some good news.

Hayo @ROOKI£ GUNN£R, we are aiming to release a Planet Coaster: Console Edition patch over the next week, we'll let you know if we need more time but the devs are currently working on the final stages of it to get it out asap.
Thank you Chante for this news. If you could please pass along a message from me and I know this applies to many.

When this game was announced for Console, it easily became one of my most anticipated games and when I heard it would be Next Gen Ready that even made it more appealing. It was easily my most wanted game for launch when the Series X came out and being a big supporter of Frontier and the game I also bought it on the PS5 when that came out since I have many friends on both consoles. But due to all the bugs and technical issues preventing from enjoying the game I have pretty much shelved the game. Each patch does make things better, but still crashing issues exist and I hope that this patch makes the game playable without crashing constantly. I hope that support to continues with this game as I know many that enjoy it and with each patch things get a little better. Thank You.

E838D7A8-8DC4-4ED6-87B6-16FEE9057FA3.png
Really hoping this new “update” works better than 1.3.3
One question, by saying “Over the next week” is that this week? (Week of 24-Jan-2021) or next week? (week of 1-Feb-2021) Just really eager for this patch/update. Thanks for your time, it’s appreciated!

Top Bottom