Planet Coaster: Console Edition - Update 1.4.0(a) out now on PlayStation Platforms

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
UPDATE (08 January, 2021):
Hello again coaster friends!
The team has fixed a critical issue for PS4 players following the last patch. Here is the changelog for 1.4.0(b):
  • Fixed an issue where loading existing parks that contained transport rides, or placing new transport rides in a park, would cause the game to crash.
Please continue to share your Issue Tracker reports with us, so we can look into any issues you are experiencing.

---------------------------------------------------

5 January 2021:
Hayo coaster friends!

Happy New Year! The team are kicking off 2021 with a PlayStation only update - this update focuses on Quality of Life updates for the PlayStation version of Planet Coaster: Console Edition, and are specific to these platforms. Here are the Update Notes for 1.4.0(a):
  • Fixed issue in Asian regions where UI would display “X / Cross” for both “X / Cross” and “O / Circle” button prompts unless the user had swapped around their accept/reject defaults in the PlayStation system settings.
  • PlayStation Dashboard Icon updated.
  • Various PlayStation specific crash fixes
  • Fixed the Catherine Wheel Large Firework emitter issue

Last edited:

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing issues after the update. Please report them via our issue tracker so our support team can investigate them!

No need to put 'Playstation only update', we all knew long ago.....
Sometimes there will be updates that are specific to one console, and sometimes there are updates for both consoles at the same time. That's the nature of game development. We are aware of some crash issues on the Xbox version of Planet Coaster: Console Edition and our devs are currently investigating them.

I have exactly the same issue since the latest patch yesterday. I spent weeks and weeks on creating a park and now I cannot open it at all....I have done several saves (versions) and none of them open...I am fuming. I can open a blank or new sandbox but that isnt any good to me. I have raised a ticket with the Frontier Support Team.

I have exactly the same issue since the latest patch yesterday. I spent weeks and weeks on creating a park and now I cannot open it at all....I have done several saves (versions) and none of them open...I am fuming. I can open a blank or new sandbox but that isnt any good to me. I have raised a ticket with the Frontier Support Team.

Me, too. New map has no problem. I saved my map frequently and uploaded them to online storage as my backup data, however, any my sandbox maps cannot be opened now, including automatic save ones. I'm not sure what does the issue tracker mean, but I sent my issue report from my PS4 with hoping to be fixed this.

Me, too. New map has no problem. I saved my map frequently and uploaded them to online storage as my backup data, however, any my sandbox maps cannot be opened now, including automatic save ones. I'm not sure what does the issue tracker mean, but I sent my issue report from my PS4 with hoping to be fixed this.
Hi Lir_deta,

I think the issues has now been established as having a Gondola in your park, as all my parks have them in apart from a couple which open fine. As soon as you try and add a Gondola in to a new sandbox park it crashes.

The Issue Tracker allows users to report issues and steps that they can take to replicate the issues to allow the dev team to resolve the problems. They are aware of this and will hopefully release another patch to fix it.

Thanks

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
I think the issues has now been established as having a Gondola in your park, as all my parks have them in apart from a couple which open fine. As soon as you try and add a Gondola in to a new sandbox park it crashes.

We have found an issue related to this. If anyone else experiencing crashes in this thread can confirm if they have either the "Skies" or the "Gondola" rides in the parks they're trying to build? That would help us confirm this crash and narrow things down further.

We have found an issue related to this. If anyone else experiencing crashes in this thread can confirm if they have either the "Skies" or the "Gondola" rides in the parks they're trying to build? That would help us confirm this crash and narrow things down further.

Yes, exactly. I built "Gondola" in my park.

Hi Jens,

Just to inform that the monorail - Light Line works fine. I just added to a blank sandbox and saved, it reloaded no problems.

Thanks

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier

The team has fixed a critical issue for PS4 players following the last patch. Here is the changelog for 1.4.0(b):
  • Fixed an issue where loading existing parks that contained transport rides, or placing new transport rides in a park, would cause the game to crash.
Please continue to share your Issue Tracker reports with us, so we can look into any issues you are experiencing.

My crash issue was fixed!
Thank you Jens and all Frontier team!!

Top Bottom