Planet Coaster Livestream: Q&A with Art Director John Laws - Your Questions Needed

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Question:
1. I'm wondering if the gardner will do stuff like land mowing the gras, will grass grow etc...
2. Is there influence from the weather to ride usage ? etc...

Dear John, i was wondering if we also could use wallpapers, and movie-screens, with our own jpegs or film? That we can import from our own computer? Ivé got lots of pictures in my computer i want to use for my own darkride!

Ill be joining the stream good luck to you guys!

I don´t know whether this question is already answered somewhere, but if not:

1) Will this game be on steam someday and will there be achievements?

Here i go:

1. Could you tell us if there is collision detection between guests and scenery pieces like for example a bench on a path (saw benches on and off paths)?
I saw that things like windows are now placed on to or "glued to" a wall, instead of a wall with window piece. Maybe that is related to this?

2. Could you tell us a little bit how the art in the game works with the technical and animation side of things in the game? For example do you often need to adjust the looks to make it work with the technical side, animations and things like that.

Bonus question: 3. Are there any Thargoids animatronics for the sci-fi theme?

Counting down until the sream!

Last edited:
Hi John, First, Thank you and all the team to take time for the community. I understand it's a lot for both the community and the team to be able to share and it is lovely that you guys understand that.
So I would like to know.

1. Will we be able to change the Lights intensity/colors or state? (like be able to make a specific light flicker.)
2.Will we be able to synchronize music with the coasters tracks?
3. What about this?
Screen_Shot_2016-01-26_at_2.12.36_PM.0.0.png

Will it be possible to make this type of path, and have the guests walks on this sandy way? Or was it just for showing some decoration?
4.And...I know Water may be off topic, since the team said that it is still in development but, can you tell us a little bit about how the team wants to integrate water in the game?

Thanks for all, and all the love, really, and have A nice Day.

Wow, so much has all been covered already in these questions? Hope we get enough time for them all.

I am really interested in the people side. How customisable will the VIP guests be? ie choice of clothes, colour of clothes, faces, hair, skin colour, height, weight etc. Can this be amended after time (like if someone grew their hair in real life and we wanted to reflect that) or fixed forever?

Also the regular guests - how much variation will we see here? How many different combinations, and will they be noticeable, or we will see lots of the same looking guests in the crowd.

Thanks - really looking forward to it.

My question, no surprise for you when you already know my posts here [big grin]

How important generally are animatronics in your case/for the game? Will they play a bigger role, especially to decorate some special places in the park, or of course to create dark rides/theme rides? And is that a point where we can expect much material via DLC's?

Last edited:
First post here!

I ordered the pre-alpha "Early Access" pass. I'm curious, how much content will be in this release? I'm not expecting a lot, but if it's possible a brief overview would be amazing. Thanks again, the game looks great!

Hi all,

First of all, I'm super excited for the livestream!
Will it be possible to create switches/junctions in the coaster editor/dark rides? E.g. for dual loading stations, or changing mid-track like The Mummy / Expedition Everest?

Also I'm very curious towards the possibilities of que management. Will we be able to create high density ziggy-zaggy 'waiting areas' or (interactive) themed ques?

Hi,
can you tell us somethings about the user generated content and what was or is the best thing of the game to design in your opinion?

I love micromanaging in these games, and I love managing funds. I love the struggle of turning profits and tuning how I spend my budget. Can you detail this aspect of the game?

Although I work while this stream is going on, I am SUPER excited to watch it when i get off work! [big grin] I am so glad you guys are taking questions during the live stream because I have a few I hope can be answered!! Sorry if i ask a question thats already been asked!

1.) Will there be dynamic weather in the game? For example,regular sunny/cloudy days, excessive heat waves, rainy days, windy days, thunderstorms, ect. It would be awesome if there was different kinds of weather in the game because it would add another layer of detail into the game and could potentially add new obstacles/ challenges. For example, if there was a heat wave rolling through your park, guests would have less energy due to the excessive heat. They would fan themselves a lot, walk slower, try to stay in shade or buildings with air conditioning, be happy when theres shade while waiting in line, spend more money on soft drinks, maybe buy souvenir fans??! And during rainy days/ thunderstorms, rides/ roller coasters would close down and the park guests happiness will lower as result, guests would also take shelter in buildings, maybe like restaurants or gift shops?? Potentially boosting food/ souvenir sales since they're stuck inside during the storm?! Things like this would be so cool so see in Planet Coaster. i hope we see more than just sunny weather!

2.) I know you guys are putting so much detail into the park guests and giving them as much character as possible and i am SO THANKFUL for that! Something I've been asking for in a Theme Park Simulator for a long time!! My question is will park guests have cellphones, tablets, cameras, ect? I think it would be really cool/ realistic to see some teen guests (or any age) walking around looking down at their phone probably on social media, texting, or playing a game while their group walks around the park. Or maybe they take selfies with their group/ of themselves, or in front of cool scenery/ rides. I think it would be super realistic if you had guests on their phones/ tablets while waiting in line for something. You see that in every theme park today. Cameras would also be an awesome feature for guests to have to take pictures of your park.

3.) This is a more complex question i thought about and I'm not sure why I thought of it but It's a doozy. What if there was an internal system in the game kind of like an economic system that helps determine how packed your park will be? For example, if this so said economy is doing bad, less guests will come to your park as a result due to not having the extra money to spend on your theme park, in turn lowering your guest count, and dropping your park income. Or, if the economy is doing well, your park will have more guests because they have some extra money to spend. And maybe they'll spend extra money on food, drinks, souvenirs, ect?! This could in turn give you bigger profit, and raise your guest count.

4.) Will there be celebrities that visit your parks? I think it would be awesome to have celebrity guests come to your park because it could cause more guests to come to your park that day the celebrity visits, and it could give your park a popularity boost. It would be cool and funny to see your park guests crowding around the celebrity and freaking out!

I'm not sure how many of these are really related to art but I've had these questions written down in my notes on my phone for awhile and I needed to ask them lol! Thanks again for this opportunity and I can't wait to watch the live stream!! Super hyped for the game. [up]

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom