Planet Coaster Livestream: Q&A With Lead Artist (and rides expert) Sam Denney- Your Questions Needed

Edward Lewis1

Frontier
EDIT - I should say this stream will focus more on Flat Rides and amusements, and we won't be going in to too much detail on rollercoasters (there will be plenty of time later for that!)

Hi everyone!

Still excited after last week, we decided to do another stream! [happy]

So, we're streaming tomorrow night at 7PM GMT at the following link: https://youtube.com/c/planetcoaster/live

It will be archived after the fact very quickly, so if you can't be there live, you can watch it after :)

This week's livestream is all about Rides, (we'll be talking to the wonderful, brilliant, effervescent Sam Denney) so we want your questions to do with that (and him)!

So put them in the thread below, and we'll answer as many as possible on the night.

We got carried away with John and his storytelling (it was amazing), but I promise we'll answer some questions directly tomorrow.

Please keep your questions focused on rides (there will be other opportunities to learn about other aspects of the game later), if we can't answer all the questions, we'll try to pick them up at another time.

We might have a few bits o' video content lined up for you too!

#chiefbeefbelief

Yeah yeah ... Questions [big grin]

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me.

Just do your magic, like the previous livestream. This was absolutly awesome. [up]
No need for a fake "Questions/Answer" which you will not answer anyway because you have no time.

Last edited:
Here goes my question:
"Water rides, just if, even not going to show them, talking about some of the systems they want to implement to make them more real than what we have always got in the RCT franchise, what about water physics, and using already made bodies of water (like lakes) to put the ride rails inside for things like spalsh boats or log flumes"

Just that. He doesnt need to go much in depth with them, i know he can't talk much about them yet, only shed a little light for people who are excited for them.

Last edited:
I'll try a second time to ask if the rollercoasters will have "breaking blocks" or "block-breaks" or "mid-course break runs" to have multiple trains on a unique track.

And like Jart, if the customisation of ride sequence is total or you can select a preprogramation like the top spin in rct2 ( easy, medium or crazy).

Promise! I'll do my best. Sam is a talkative chap, but I reckon I can crack the whip!
Hummmmm ... Okay so ...

1) Is there any chance to learn more about the dark rides mechanism ? How the system works ?
2) Is it possible to see the "First View/Coaster Cam" of a Coaster ?
3) Is it be possible to know what other types of transport are planned ? We have seen the "Connie Express" for now, but do you have some artwork about boats ? monorail ? tramway ? bus ? etc ...
4) Do you have more infos about water rides now, something to show ? Or is it too early ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
1. How much will we be able to customise each ride so they better fit their location?
Things like ride colour, railing styles and colour, control booth styles and colour ect.

2. How are ride entrances, exits and control booths handled?

3. Will we be able to add track forks, track merges, transfer tables and train storage ect? These things can really add to the realistic feel of a coaster.

4. Can we build multi station shuffle coasters and multi station closed circuit coasters. How many trains can we have in a single station? These things allow for a faster loading, unloading and shorter line times ect.

5. How will ride maintenance work? Do ride break down?

Is it be possible to know what other types of transport are planned ? We have seen the "Connie Express" for now, but do you have some artwork about boats ? monorail ? tramway ? bus ? etc ...

Thanks.

This was the one thing i really wanted to know but slipt my mind. :)

Last edited:
How about showing us going from above ground to underground in ride design. So if on a drop it auto detects going underground and than tunnels from that point on.

Will we have the ability to build roller coasters that can go backwards? More specifically having the car stop and then shift to another track and maybe go backwards on that track? Sorry that was badly worded.

Hi Sam and Ed

> Have you being creating animations for when rides break down?

It's "stook71" btw... #justsaying

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Will we have the ability to build roller coasters that can go backwards? More specifically having the car stop and then shift to another track and maybe go backwards on that track? Sorry that was badly worded.

Like Revenge of the Mummy at Universal or Thirteen at Alton Towers?

Yes please, that would be great [happy]

Last edited:
1. How many coaster types can we expect in the alpha?
2. How many coaster types can we expect in the final game?
3. Can we see a demo of you guys building a coaster from start to finish?
4. Will there be a ride attendant checking to make sure everyone has their seat belts on and lap bars down?
5. Any news on dueling stations where two coasters start at the same time?
6. I remember the plan was to have guests queue in rows once they get to the coaster station. Is this still the plan?

I'll add more if I think of any!

Last edited:
@GNTRK

Good question :)

Will we be able to add track forks, track merges, transfer tables and train storage ect? These things can really add to the realistic feel of a coaster.

Can we build multi station shuffle coasters and multi station closed circuit coasters. How many trains can we have in a single station? These things allow for a faster loading, unloading and shorter line times ect.

Im a bit of a NL2 fan if you havnt guessed :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom