Planet Coaster update 0.3.5

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hey guys,

Just a quick note to let you know that we're adding another small update to Planet Coaster today.

The update notes are below. It will be going live between 11:00 and 11:30 BST. Once again, I would like to take this chance to thank the development team for their fast and constant fixes as well as to you, the community, for helping support the development of the game through your amazing Alpha testing. Thank you all so much!

Update notes.

- Fix for corrupt save games issue that crept in with 0.3.4
- Speculative fix for input issues on laptop keyboards
- Please continue to report issues with the additional logging information from these steps.
- Fix for missing vertical supports on paths

YAY!!! I get my park back!!! Thanks again for the quick fix Frontier!! [heart]

Edit: Just downloaded update and still crashed........[cry][cry][cry]

Now I get a windows dialogue box that says "Planet Coaster has stopped working" and the game needs to be closed...

Last edited:
YAY!!! I get my park back!!! Thanks again for the quick fix Frontier!! [heart]

Edit: Just downloaded update and still crashed........[cry][cry][cry]

Now I get a windows dialogue box that says "Planet Coaster has stopped working" and the game needs to be closed...

Update: Just tried opening my park again, and it opened fine!!! PHEW!

I've noticed that in 3.4/3.5 the arrow coaster - the restraints aren't going up/down. Can't remember if this coaster has always been this way.
I still can't believe this is a Alpha tho. It's just so good! [happy]

Beta in early November is the next major update.

Purely speculation and wishful thinking on my part, but I'd not be surprised if we saw a mid-point content drop to try out the newer and deeper management stuff before the beta.. That gives them more time to balance, tweak and optimise that way..

Purely speculation and wishful thinking on my part, but I'd not be surprised if we saw a mid-point content drop to try out the newer and deeper management stuff before the beta.. That gives them more time to balance, tweak and optimise that way..

I highly doubt that we will get any major updates before November. I'm aware there was a small content update halfway through alpha 2 but if there is anything that is literally what it will be. I don't expect any major upgrades or additions to the core features of the game other than bug fixes and minor modifications before beta comes along. If they release the beta in the first week of November it gives them enough time to crowd-test the game for any major crashes and correct them before general release. As for game mechanics that we've not seen yet like transports and water rides, they'll take our feedback and probably improve it as time goes on after release.

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
As for game mechanics that we've not seen yet like transports and water rides, they'll take our feedback and probably improve it as time goes on after release.

You mean the first Alpha version of expantion number 1?

#wishfullthinking
#pleasetakemymoneyFrontier

[wink]

Last edited:
Top Bottom