Horizons Planet mission explanation

Hi all

I attempted to do my first planet based mission the other day and just wanted to clarify how to achieve the objectives. It was a mission where I had to connect to a terminal and download or upload info. The base seemed to be protected though and as I stormed in found I was instantly wanted and shot up by turrets. I failed the mission to my annoyance, so before I attempt another I wanted to know how I'm supposed to get into the base? Is there a silent running option for the SRV? Any advice would be appreciated.

The only way to get into the base and move freely there is to eliminate the security, I'm afraid.
If you don't want to be shot at, simply kill everything shooting at you :)

Then it's just finding those terminals (a thingy you can target with a sort of retractable antenna on it) and scan it.
Scanner only works if you have "Fire deploys weapons" enabled in controls menu. Check that, if you are not able to scan things. then you just have to put the scanner into a firegroup.

Last edited:
What ever happened to all the co-operative stuff that was being talked about, like needing to sneak in with an SRV to disable the anti air defences to enable your ship to knock out the big stuff to let your SRV in the base, and all that? Weren't we supposed to be able to switch between our ship and the SRV?

It's not switching like "switching" a button. They meant that first you need to sneak in in the SRV and destroy the anti-ship batteries, then you can come back to your ship and wipe the place clean from the air.

lol! because it is SO hard!!!!
a skimmer goes down after 4 hits
a turret after 8
only the big one is a little challenging but if u hide behind a turret that will take him out.
using your ship is ultra super easy mode

It's not switching like "switching" a button. They meant that first you need to sneak in in the SRV and destroy the anti-ship batteries, then you can come back to your ship and wipe the place clean from the air.

mmmh then i do it wrong i geuss , i kille eevrything with the ship and then land the svr to collect.

Top Bottom