Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack and Free Update 1.17 Out Now

Aaaaand here we go again 😑

Screenshot_20240509_063743.jpg

The souvenir shop doesn't even have a door. Deleting the door frames didn't make a change either. Vendors are lost and can't enter the store. I'm about to eat my keyboard.

May I ask why there's an option to see baby animals when we can't sell them? Is this a bug or something y'all planned to do and never finished or what?

I will say that if y'all have us the option to rehome and/or sell infants, it can actually help a lot. Sometimes we get way too many offspring on enclosures and you're just stuck with them. Of we had a way to free up space (other than quarantine, animal trade center, or opening a new zoo and dumping them), it'd be very helpful

Last edited:
I hope they sort out the donkey and wild ass sound files. I can live without the donkey's signature stripe but the sounds are utterly immersion breaking and make these animals unusable for me. Pretty much Malayan tapir levels of useless.

Alright, I threw a massive tantrum when this pack was announced. Spat the dummy, full meltdown, the works.

Buuut I just bought the pack in spite of it being full of domestics, just to support Planet Zoo because I love it more than any other game and it's obvious how hard the Planet Zoo team works on making it wonderful. If buying this pack helps to keep updates and DLC coming, well why not. I have to say, the textures are incredible on these animals! I should expect it by now, but every time we get new animals the models and textures blow me away. I feel like I could cuddle up in the sheep's wool, or the alpacas, and the chicken's face!? Even the donkey texture does look distinctly different to the Somali wild ass. I'm going to play a new challenge game of starting as a chicken farm and gradually growing into a zoo (if I don't go bankrupt first).

Well done, Planet Zoo team. This is a beautifully made pack.

"Hey, this one animal has the entirely wrong sound. I hope they fix it, because at the moment I don't want to use that animal."

"Have you tried silencing every animal?"

You'll note I used the word 'immersion'. Immersion involves the sounds of a zoo as well as everything else. If my beef is that a certain aspect is breaking immersion, telling me to just not be immersed isn't a solution.

I hope they sort out the donkey and wild ass sound files. I can live without the donkey's signature stripe but the sounds are utterly immersion breaking and make these animals unusable for me. Pretty much Malayan tapir levels of useless.
Yes, it absolutely is, I second this.
Honestly unneeded, Leaf. It's fine if you enjoy playing without sound. For me (and others) the sounds are an important part of the game and usually Frontiers strong suit. And yes, I absolutely notice the difference between a horse and a donkey sound. Plus, we actually paid for that animal (twice even, if we count the wild ass) so I don't see why we should accept the model half baked. I could have as well downloaded a donkey from n... then. For free.

How about we treat each other with respect and see that we have different play styles, so asking for the correct sound is not something to be mocked about? I don't mock you for playing on mute.

Yes, it absolutely is, I second this.

Honestly unneeded, Leaf. It's fine if you enjoy playing without sound. For me (and others) the sounds are an important part of the game and usually Frontiers strong suit. And yes, I absolutely notice the difference between a horse and a donkey sound. Plus, we actually paid for that animal (twice even, if we count the wild ass) so I don't see why we should accept the model half baked. I could have as well downloaded a donkey from n... then. For free.

How about we treat each other with respect and see that we have different play styles, so asking for the correct sound is not something to be mocked about? I don't mock you for playing on mute.
don’t worry Linda you know I’m half serious all the time lol
i do agree it should have been included in the original rollout. it’s only making an ass of itself

Alright, I threw a massive tantrum when this pack was announced. Spat the dummy, full meltdown, the works.

Buuut I just bought the pack in spite of it being full of domestics, just to support Planet Zoo because I love it more than any other game and it's obvious how hard the Planet Zoo team works on making it wonderful. If buying this pack helps to keep updates and DLC coming, well why not. I have to say, the textures are incredible on these animals! I should expect it by now, but every time we get new animals the models and textures blow me away. I feel like I could cuddle up in the sheep's wool, or the alpacas, and the chicken's face!? Even the donkey texture does look distinctly different to the Somali wild ass. I'm going to play a new challenge game of starting as a chicken farm and gradually growing into a zoo (if I don't go bankrupt first).

Well done, Planet Zoo team. This is a beautifully made pack.
Oh that sounds fun! A lot of zoos began as private farms/ bird collections! Could make for cool role playing to start your zoo like that then try to start your zoos history from there.

Just bought the pack finally the other day. Although somewhat disappointed upon the reveal due to simply wanting wild animals more. I admit it’s a great pack. The highland cow size I can live with and just say it’s a miniature but I agree on the donkey sounds. Definitely needs to be changed but still all and all a very nice pack. Secretly wishing a Turkey made its way in but very happy with getting chickens at least.

Top Bottom