Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack and Free Update 1.17 Out Now

PhilWeeks

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo Zookeepers!

It's time to slow things down and relax as we discover the familiar and friendly animals included in the new Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack which is out now! Grab the pack on Steam and don't forget to update your game to enjoy our free Update 1.17.

Let's meet the 7 friendly animals that make up this incredible pack: the curious and confident Sussex chicken, this chicken loves to investigate and is very self-assured, the Highland cattle with its heavy, rich coat, iconic horns and friendly nature, the playful and energetic Alpine Goat, the gentle Alpaca who loves to hum, the sociable American Standard Donkey, the Hill Radnor sheep with its dense fleece and the docile Tamworth Pig. Bring the rustic feel of the countryside to life by introducing these incredible species to your zoos.

PZ_DLC17_Screenshots_Paid_Sussex_Chickens_1920x1080.jpg

As well as the animals, you can ensure that your zoo looks the part with over 60 new scenery pieces to really recreate that rustic feel. Keepers will be able to place straw bales, rustic planters, weather vanes and wind pumps, alongside picket fences, wooden wheels and much more besides.

PZ_DLC17_Screenshots_Paid_Scenery_1920x1080.jpg

Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack also features a brand new scenario, set on a once-neglected farm in the rolling New Zealand countryside. This scenario features a welcome return from Tiffany Summers who needs your help to turn a rundown old farm into a thriving animal sanctuary after her Father bought it on a whim when he misheard her saying that she needed some new coats and NOT new goats!

Free Update 1.17

We're also rolling out a free update alongside the Barnyard Animal Pack! The main feature of the free update is a brand new Animal Encounter habitat, where guests can enjoy a close-up experience with certain animals, including species from the base game and other DLC packs. Once the habitat reaches certain criteria, they will be able to interact and maybe even take a selfie with some of their favourite animals if they are in the mood, including the Quokka, Llama and the Ring-Tailed Lemur!

PZ_DLC17_Screenshots_Free_Animal_Experience.jpg

In addition to this, you can also expect a hand washing station and even more rustic scenery pieces, foliage and blueprints alongside quality of life additions and bug fixes. Check out the full Update Notes for more information about various bug fixes, improvements, and changes in Update 1.17.

The Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack is now available to purchase for £7.99 ($9.99, 9.99€) on Steam! Please remember that you'll only be able to enjoy the Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack if you already own the base game of Planet Zoo for PC.

Full Update Notes

This update contains bug fixes, updates and new content.

New Paid Content - Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack

NEW - Animals

New animals in the Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack:
  • Hill Radnor Sheep
  • Highland Cattle
  • American Standard Donkey
  • Tamworth Pig
  • Alpaca
  • Alpine Goat
  • Sussex Chicken
NEW - Career Scenario

This small barnyard zoo was purchased on a whim by Mr Summers after he misheard his daughter Tiffany asking for new coats for her skiing trip! Goats weren’t what she was expecting, but this isn’t the time to chicken out. Tiffany now has big ambitions for the zoo, but she’s already booked her flight – so it’ll be up to you to take the bull by the horns and make it a legendary location!

NEW - Scenery Pieces
  • Haybale Round
  • Haybale Square
  • Rustic Barrel Planter
  • Rustic Barrel
  • Rustic Bench
  • Rustic Bucket
  • Rustic Bin
  • Rustic Crate
  • Rustic Metal Fence Panel
  • Rustic Metal Fence Gate
  • Rustic Metal Fence Post
  • Rustic Metal Fence Gate Panel
  • Rustic Metal Fence Post 01
  • Rustic Metal Fence Post 02
  • Rustic Metal Planter
  • Rustic Milk Churn
  • Rustic Picket Fence 2m
  • Rustic Picket Fence 4m
  • Rustic Picket Fence Gate
  • Rustic Picket Fence Post
  • Rustic Picnic Bench
  • Rustic Picnic Canopy
  • Rustic Sign
  • Rustic Tool Pitchfork
  • Rustic Vegetable Turnip
  • Rustic Vegetable Leek
  • Rustic Vegetable Corn
  • Rustic Water Pump
  • Rustic Water Tank
  • Rustic Weather Vane
  • Rustic Well
  • Rustic Wheat Bundle
  • Rustic Wheel 01
  • Rustic Wheel 02
  • Rustic Wind Pump
  • Rustic Wood Fence Post 01
  • Rustic Wood Fence Post 02
  • Rustic Wood Fence Gate 02
  • Rustic Wood Fence Gate 01
  • Rustic Animal Sign Alpaca
  • Rustic Animal Sign Chicken
  • Rustic Animal Sign Cattle
  • Rustic Animal Sign Donkey
  • Rustic Animal Sign Goat
  • Rustic Animal Sign Pig 01
  • Rustic Animal Sign Pig 02
  • Rustic Animal Sign Sheep
  • Reward Statue Alpine Goat Stone
  • Reward Statue Alpine Goat Bronze
  • Reward Statue Alpine Goat Silver
  • Reward Statue Alpine Goat Gold
NEW - Blueprints
  • Rustic Paddock Gate
  • Rustic Stall Decoration
  • Rustic Harvest Decoration
  • Rustic Barnyard Arch
  • Rustic Garden Collection
  • Rustic Market Decoration
NEW - Foliage
  • Ginkgo Tree 01
  • Ginkgo Tree 02
  • Ginkgo Tree 03
  • Maize 01
  • Maize 02
  • Maize 03
  • Maize 04

NEW - Avatar Costume
  • Sussex Chicken Hat and Avatar costume

New Content - Free Update 1.17.0

NEW - Animal Encounters
  • Animal Encounters are an upgrade to walkthrough habitats for a selection of species that are suitable for guest interactions. While in a habitat with Animal Encounters set up, guests can leave the path and wander through the entire habitat. If they are near an idle animal, guests can approach and interact with it. Interactions may see guests get up close to an animal or directly pet it. After an interaction, guests will want to wash their hands at a Hygiene Station in the habitat, which is available from the facilities browser. Guests will be unhappy if there are no free Hygiene Stations available, so players must ensure enough capacity is provided.
  • Habitats can be turned into Animal Encounters via a new tab in the habitat's info panel. The habitat must fulfil the following conditions before guests can make use of it:
    • Guests can enter the habitat via a guest gate
    • No dangerous animal is present
    • An interactable animal is present
    • At least one Hygiene Station is present
  • The Zoopedia will now detail to what extent guests can interact with animals:
    • Can interact with this animal in Animal Encounters
    • Can walk through habitats without interactions
    • Will flee from this animal
NEW - Scenery Pieces
  • Animal Encounters Hygiene Station 01
  • Animal Encounters Hygiene Station 02
  • Small Guest Gate
  • Tractor Tyre
  • Truck Tyre
  • NEW - Blueprints
  • Barn House
  • Cosmic Cow Shakes Stall
  • Coop Shelter 01
  • Coop Shelter 02
NEW - Foliage
  • Buddleia 01
  • Buddleia Flowering 01
  • Buddleia 02
  • Buddleia Flowering 02
  • Natural Hedgerow 01
  • Natural Hedgerow 02
  • Natural Hedgerow 03
NEW - Music Tracks
  • Trailer: Barnyard Animal Pack

General Bug Fixes and Improvements

Animals
  • Animals with the "Domesticated" conservation status can no longer be released to the wild to generate Conservation Credits. Instead, all domesticated animals can be sold for cash, and all buttons on the info panel for these species have been updated to exchange the animals via Quick Sell for Cash instead. This applies to all new animals in the Barnyard Animal Pack, as well as all of the existing domesticated animals: Bactrian Camel (Base Game), Llama (South America Pack), and Dromedary Camel (Arid Animal Pack)
  • Bengal Tiger claws no longer detach when interacting with the cardboard box enrichment item
  • Fixed an issue where only 5 Hermann's Tortoises could be placed in an exhibit. This limit has been increased to 20
  • Removed age of sexual sterility being listed for Spectacled Flying Fox due to there not being a sterility system for exhibits
Habitats
  • Fixed an issue where plant coverage would not be included in an animal's overall Plant Welfare, and updated several foliage pieces' coverage values to be more accurate
Scenario
  • Adjusted a workshop building that was disconnected from the path in Purmamarca Education Reserve (Grasslands Animal Pack)
Guests
  • Fixed guests becoming stuck in souvenir shops after loading a saved zoo
Scenery
  • Fixed a crash with Wallpaper Billboard Posters
  • Fixed an issue where Souvenir Shop blueprints would not correctly unlock after researching Souvenir Shop facilities in Mechanic Research
  • Hosta plants now appear correctly in the plants list of the habitat info panel
  • Added the "Trees" tag to all Weeping Willow variants
  • Added the "Plants" tag to all Hosta variants
  • Added the "Trees" tag to all Lipstick Palm variants
  • Removed a duplicate hairstyle for the Adult Male Avatar
UI
  • Adjusted Shops and Bathroom help screen to include all relevant information in the overview section
Stability
  • Fixed various crashes, improving game stability

At last!!! I can't wait to add all the new pieces to my buildings!!!
And those animals are super versatile for adding an interaction area to many different zoos.
Everyone enjoy DLC day!!!!!

This is a bit odd. In Sandbox mode, under blueprints - prefabs, there's only a few scenery pieces. whereas when I was watching a content creator's video, there were things like a barn and a couple of coops. Not sure if that was an error on the content creator's part and they weren't part of the pack. Worth noting too, those things came up under the rustic theme. There is not a theme for Barnyard.

Again. this is in sandbox, so there is no need to research anything for it to show up. I'm very well versed in that. I'm wondering if there's something else I'm not doing right or if it's a bug. And yes, I definitely have the content and its installed in the game.

ETA but leaving as is for helpfulness. I see now on the notes and did skip over them. Those blueprints are part of the base game update, which is nice.

This is a bit odd. In Sandbox mode, under blueprints - prefabs, there's only a few scenery pieces. whereas when I was watching a content creator's video, there were things like a barn and a couple of coops. Not sure if that was an error on the content creator's part and they weren't part of the pack. Worth noting too, those things came up under the rustic theme. There is not a theme for Barnyard.

Again. this is in sandbox, so there is no need to research anything for it to show up. I'm very well versed in that. I'm wondering if there's something else I'm not doing right or if it's a bug. And yes, I definitely have the content and its installed in the game.

ETA but leaving as is for helpfulness. I see now on the notes and did skip over them. Those blueprints are part of the base game update, which is nice.
I do have a barnyard theme that only has the decorative blueprints like the hay bales and rustic arch, the barn blueprint can be found in prefabs but has no theme tag attached. The 2 coop buildings are also there after the conservation pack, again no theme tag. I'm guessing that's a fix for the next patch.

I can't wait. Thank y'all for the update and DLC, I know I'm gonna enjoy it.

And also thanks for fixing the souvenir shops; now I can comfortably use them without screaming guests😂

Does anyone know if there is a fence for the wooden gate? I see the small white one and the metal one, but the fence that corresponds to the wooden door doesn't... am I looking for it wrong?

Does anyone know if there is a fence for the wooden gate? I see the small white one and the metal one, but the fence that corresponds to the wooden door doesn't... am I looking for it wrong?
For some reason Frontier haven't included that fence piece. I will try to make s report on the issue tracker later, although I don't think they will ever add it. I'm still waiting for the desert horned viper sign...

For some reason Frontier haven't included that fence piece. I will try to make s report on the issue tracker later, although I don't think they will ever add it. I'm still waiting for the desert horned viper sign...
What a big loss!!!, because the door alone does not serve as a fence with the metal objects on the door.
And the corresponding fence would be the best wooden livestock fence.
Thank you for reporting this situation @Aramar

Is it intentional that the older Packs aren't cheaper this Time or was it just forgotten to lower the Price for them after the Release?

Top Bottom