Planet zoo concept art

A13FFD73-D24E-4264-9B08-EC2CA223A253.jpeg

This picture has made quite a buzz on Twitter this week. Many think it’s a sign of things to come in game. Jaguar exhibit. Telescopefor large exhibit viewing. I’ll refrain from too much excitement and conclusion but I’m sure some of this stuff will indeed make it in game.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Concept art is conceptualising something before working out what is and isn’t possible. The Planet Zoo development team did an incredible job breathing life into the game, but it is worth stating that this was very early concept art, from back when the game was just an idea and there weren’t any technical constraints. We’re super excited to show you what’s to come, but don’t look to the concept art for ideas. Instead, look at it to reminisce when the game was just an amalgamation of ideas thrown together on an art doc and not the full game we hope you all enjoy!

I always enjoy concept art. Whether it be games or real zoos it’s always inspirational in designing zoos in game. I’m sure whatever makes its way into the finished game will be great I didn’t necessarily want to imply everything seen was in fact coming to planet zoo🙂. But I enjoy the game and love talking on the forum with people who enjoy and have the same passion for animals and zoos as I do and look forward to the future. Great artwork btw.

Concept art is conceptualising something before working out what is and isn’t possible. The Planet Zoo development team did an incredible job breathing life into the game, but it is worth stating that this was very early concept art, from back when the game was just an idea and there weren’t any technical constraints. We’re super excited to show you what’s to come, but don’t look to the concept art for ideas. Instead, look at it to reminisce when the game was just an amalgamation of ideas thrown together on an art doc and not the full game we hope you all enjoy!
So were jaguars somehow not possible, even though they're another big cat and could easily reuse an existing rig and animations?

I think Chante was only letting us no it was a collection of ideas thrown together before the game was made. Although it’s hard to make out some of the stuff on there I could see somethings in the pic that were not possible or just didn’t make the game for whatever reason. I still have a hard time thinking the jaguar would be on of them since animations would be very similar to the Bengal Tiger which although obviously different is very similar in the fact both love water and comparison to other cats in game have the most in common. I will definitely count on a jaguar in game and if I’m wrong I’d be surprised but it’s not the end of the world but a surprise nonetheless.

I think Chante was only letting us no it was a collection of ideas thrown together before the game was made. Although it’s hard to make out some of the stuff on there I could see somethings in the pic that were not possible or just didn’t make the game for whatever reason. I still have a hard time thinking the jaguar would be on of them since animations would be very similar to the Bengal Tiger which although obviously different is very similar in the fact both love water and comparison to other cats in game have the most in common. I will definitely count on a jaguar in game and if I’m wrong I’d be surprised but it’s not the end of the world but a surprise nonetheless.

I think it was just to boil down rumours. I still think, we'll geta jaguar one day and maybe alot more from that concept art. ;)
Don't know why, but at the momentI am more impatient for new stuff than usual. Must be spring. I'm full of creative energy and need mooooaaaarrr.

We’re super excited to show you what’s to come, but don’t look to the concept art for ideas.
after a break of a few weeks (just played too much, was kinds "overplayed" im back into the game spending hours and hours building something new and making existing exhibits and buildings even better.

But to be honest, im missing something to be really hyped about. Like new content, suprises, events that will come. When. When you announced the arctic dlc i was so excited, waiting for something new. So what can you tell us? Days, weeks or months? When do you wanna make us fans really hyped about something new again? :)

So were jaguars somehow not possible, even though they're another big cat and could easily reuse an existing rig and animations?

It's pretty obvious they're withholding certain species to release in DLC later on. The jaguar, black rhinoceros, and dromedary camel are three species referenced a lot in the game that we don't have, so my working theory is they have already made them, or at least rough versions of them, they're just waiting to drop them as DLC later. They were all found in the datamining, too, I believe, along with a lot of other animals not currently in the game.

It's pretty obvious they're withholding certain species to release in DLC later on. The jaguar, black rhinoceros, and dromedary camel are three species referenced a lot in the game that we don't have, so my working theory is they have already made them, or at least rough versions of them, they're just waiting to drop them as DLC later. They were all found in the datamining, too, I believe, along with a lot of other animals not currently in the game.
That was just decor. The animals themselves don't appear anywhere.

That was just decor. The animals themselves don't appear anywhere.

I'm just going to repeat myself.

It's pretty obvious they're withholding certain species to release in DLC later on. The jaguar, black rhinoceros, and dromedary camel are three species referenced a lot in the game that we don't have, so my working theory is they have already made them, or at least rough versions of them, they're just waiting to drop them as DLC later.

@Mjmannella theres definitely some logic to NZFanatics opinion. The animations and behaviors already exist. I too believe the decor is a dead giveaway. Otters,penguins,and some other animals I’m not to sure. Hopeful of course. But for the species named above those would be very easy for talented devs in comparison. For the others it’s a matter of game mechanics with new rigs vs existing mechanics and similar animals.

Good! I'm very glad to learn that Frontier has plans to release more animals as DLC. I don't care if they are already made and ready to go or not. I was perfectly happy with the number of animals and everything else in the release version and I'm happy to pay more money for more animals. I'd also love to pay for more building items. I'd be ecstatic to pay for more path texture options, especially staff and queue paths. Planning for DLC is a great thing. It will keep players interested in the game and provide an income to keep development going. I'm having a ball with this game and don't want it to ever end! I have money in my Steam Wallet all ready and waiting for the next DLC to drop. If it's something I want I'll buy it. If it isn't I won't. I bet I'll want it though :)

Good! I'm very glad to learn that Frontier has plans to release more animals as DLC. I don't care if they are already made and ready to go or not. I was perfectly happy with the number of animals and everything else in the release version and I'm happy to pay more money for more animals. I'd also love to pay for more building items. I'd be ecstatic to pay for more path texture options, especially staff and queue paths. Planning for DLC is a great thing. It will keep players interested in the game and provide an income to keep development going. I'm having a ball with this game and don't want it to ever end! I have money in my Steam Wallet all ready and waiting for the next DLC to drop. If it's something I want I'll buy it. If it isn't I won't. I bet I'll want it though :)

I'm in vaguely the same boat. On the one hand, yeah, it's a little bit greedy to withhold content knowing you can charge for it later, but on the other hand, it means new content more regularly (if that's even what they've done - as always, I'm just theorising).

I'm in vaguely the same boat. On the one hand, yeah, it's a little bit greedy to withhold content knowing you can charge for it later, but on the other hand, it means new content more regularly (if that's even what they've done - as always, I'm just theorising).

How is it greedy? Everyone knew what they were getting when they bought the game. It's not withholding, it's planning - if they even had anything withheld, which I doubt considering the rush to release this game. We'll never know and it doesn't matter anyway.

How is it greedy? Everyone knew what they were getting when they bought the game. It's not withholding, it's planning - if they even had anything withheld, which I doubt considering the rush to release this game. We'll never know and it doesn't matter anyway.

Tbh, there's wasn't an animal list available before launch. From that POV: Not everyone didn't know what we were getting.
But that's the risk of buying the game before launch date.
But somewhat claiming/theorizing they withhold content because some scenery is ingame, that's a big assumption (next to the earlier mentioned species, we also have the dodo statue).
They can easily state; This is zoo sim/management game with the presented species, and decide to never add DLC.
But nowadays most companies release games with DLC intentions (if it's successful)

But everyone is free to theorize/fantasize about stuff like this. Personally I think it would be wise, to lower expectactions a bit when you take concept art too serious.
But I don't think people are going too crazy about this.

I love concept art.

It usually shows the result of a brain storming session with lots of things that could potentially make it to the game.

I think that's the whole point.. People tend to overthink way too much. When they announced a change in challenges, they gave an example with European animals. People immediately started assuming this was a confirmation or potential announcement for European animals DLC.

But I hope some of this concept art will eventually make it in the game or a different version. But I'd be happy with most DLC anyway...

Top Bottom