Planet Zoo: Console Edition | Out Now!

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo Zookeepers!

The time has come to build a world for wildlife... on console!

Planet Zoo: Console Edition is available now on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

Build and manage the zoo of your dreams with piece-by-piece construction and landscaping tools, manage staff, visitors and facilities with in-depth tracking tools, and care for realistic animals from across the globe - all with intuitive console controls!

PZC_WLAP_CapyGround_WM_1920x1080.jpg

Get extra content on launch day! With the 'Deluxe Edition' you'll get the base game and the Deluxe Upgrade Pack which gives you access to an additional 16 species and 2 extra campaign scenarios.

Deluxe Edition Content:
  • Bring the Wetlands to your zoo with the capybara, platypus, Asian small-clawed otter, spectacled caiman, Nile lechwe, wild water buffalo, red-crowned crane, and Danube crested newt.
  • Build your dream Southeast Asia zoo with the sun bear, clouded leopard, Malaysian tapir, proboscis monkey, North Sulawesi babirusa, binturong, Ussuri dhole, and giant leaf insect.
  • Take over management duties of Green Leaf Zoological in the rich and vibrant Brazilian Pantanal, the world’s largest wetland.
  • Turn Kuala Bintu Taman into a profitable zoo in the heart of Perak, Malaysia, surround by a stunning tropical rainforest biome.
PZ_NAAP_Beaver_Mid_WM_4K.jpg

Want the ULTIMATE Planet Zoo experience? Pick up the 'Ultimate Edition' and you'll get everything included in the base game and Deluxe Edition, PLUS a Season Pass! That means you'll get future access to a selection of 14 awe-inspiring DLCs, which add 81 new species, 15 campaign scenarios, and over 2000 additional scenery pieces!*

The Season Pass can also be purchased separately.

*All season pass content to be released by March 2025

FR_Unlocked_Social_Announce_2703_1920x1080.png

We'll be showcasing Planet Zoo: Console Edition on the next Frontier Unlocked livestream, broadcasting at 6PM GMT, Wednesday 27th March on Twitch and YouTube.

Want to know more? Check out our help centre or head over to our YouTube channel to see Planet Zoo: Console Edition in action!

So excited for Launch Day!! Thank you for bringing this game to console. Please, work on fixing the cartoonish mane of the Male Lion next.

I'm trying to adjust my screen display but all it will let me do is adjust the screen brightness but not the display area. I cannot see the UI, cash amount, or time controls.

DLC Announcement when?🙃
Or was the Eurasia Pack the last one? Would be nice to get Confirmation if we can still expect more.
If not, I hope there will at least still be Bug Fix Updates. Don't know if Franchise Mode is still working poorly because I've last played a few Months ago, but it would be sad if it would still be like that and would never get fixed, especially with the additional Weight on the Server from the Console Players

Happy launch day from a non-console owner to all of you who now start enjoying Planet Zoo!! Looking forward to your creations!!

Couple issues so far. When Selecting music the bottom of the list drops out of screen so you can not see what is at the bottom of the list when scrolling, hope this can be fixed. Another thing we can not select how many guest are allowed in your zoo at once, can this option please be added. Some people limit the amount of guests for reasons like when making a special private small zoo.

Hayo Zookeepers!

Planet Zoo: Console Edition is available now on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

Build and manage the zoo of your dreams with piece-by-piece construction and landscaping tools, manage staff, visitors and facilities with in-depth tracking tools, and care for realistic animals from across the globe - all with intuitive console controls!

View attachment 387781
Get extra content on launch day! With the 'Deluxe Edition' you'll get the base game and the Deluxe Upgrade Pack which gives you access to an additional 16 species and 2 extra campaign scenarios.

Deluxe Edition Content:
  • Bring the Wetlands to your zoo with the capybara, platypus, Asian small-clawed otter, spectacled caiman, Nile lechwe, wild water buffalo, red-crowned crane, and Danube crested newt.
  • Build your dream Southeast Asia zoo with the sun bear, clouded leopard, Malaysian tapir, proboscis monkey, North Sulawesi babirusa, binturong, Ussuri dhole, and giant leaf insect.
  • Take over management duties of Green Leaf Zoological in the rich and vibrant Brazilian Pantanal, the world’s largest wetland.
  • Turn Kuala Bintu Taman into a profitable zoo in the heart of Perak, Malaysia, surround by a stunning tropical rainforest biome.
View attachment 387782
Want the ULTIMATE Planet Zoo experience? Pick up the 'Ultimate Edition' and you'll get everything included in the base game and Deluxe Edition, PLUS a Season Pass! That means you'll get future access to a selection of 14 awe-inspiring DLCs, which add 81 new species, 15 campaign scenarios, and over 2000 additional scenery pieces!*

View attachment 387783

We'll be showcasing Planet Zoo: Console Edition on the next Frontier Unlocked livestream, broadcasting at 6PM GMT, Wednesday 27th March on Twitch and YouTube.

Want to know more? Check out our help centre or head over to our YouTube channel to see Planet Zoo: Console Edition in action!
Having issues with the tiger enclosure already. Won't allow me to adjust the height, max is 2.0m is this a bug on Xbox?

DLC Announcement when?🙃
Or was the Eurasia Pack the last one? Would be nice to get Confirmation if we can still expect more.
If not, I hope there will at least still be Bug Fix Updates. Don't know if Franchise Mode is still working poorly because I've last played a few Months ago, but it would be sad if it would still be like that and would never get fixed, especially with the additional Weight on the Server from the Console Players
In the announcement email that is sent via the newsletter, I quote "To find out more thrilling details about Planet Zoo: Console Edition and what upcoming DLC is coming to the game, tune into the Frontier Unlocked Livestream on 27th March at 6PM GMT!" So, it looks like something is being cooked up and ready to be shown off for PC and now Console, hopefully something South American themed, I would love it to be an animal pack, but I don't know if they'd do animal packs back-to-back.

Havent played it in a while on pc and now playing it on console but after all this time is there still no way to disable the automatic heatmap from enabling when placing an education screen ?

Couple issues so far. When Selecting music the bottom of the list drops out of screen so you can not see what is at the bottom of the list when scrolling, hope this can be fixed. Another thing we can not select how many guest are allowed in your zoo at once, can this option please be added. Some people limit the amount of guests for reasons like when making a special private small zoo.
I think you can find it in the normal Settings but it would really be nice if the Limit could be set independent from that

In the announcement email that is sent via the newsletter, I quote "To find out more thrilling details about Planet Zoo: Console Edition and what upcoming DLC is coming to the game, tune into the Frontier Unlocked Livestream on 27th March at 6PM GMT!" So, it looks like something is being cooked up and ready to be shown off for PC and now Console, hopefully something South American themed, I would love it to be an animal pack, but I don't know if they'd do animal packs back-to-back.
🥳 I hope it will still be more than one

Hayo Zookeepers!

View attachment 387781

Deluxe Edition Content:
View attachment 387782

View attachment 387783

So now that Planet Zoo can be played in console beside PC, will there still be more upcoming DLC pack featuring new animals every three to four months? Please answer me when had red this.

Last edited:
My husband just bought Planet Zoo on console and has been playing all evening here in Australia. I’ve been playing Planet Zoo since beta and I’m feeling like a sage, sitting on our couch with my blue owl mug, sharing my 750 hrs of playtime experience with him.

I love that we can enjoy the same game on our preferred consoles! It’s really fun to watch him play the tutorial and now build his first franchise zoo! It reminds me of when the game first released 😁💚

The only thing that would make this even better would be some new DLC for us to look forward to together - maybe multiple new DLCs 😉

Also something crazy going on with the premade habitat blueprints, first of all they start way above the ground but then when you lower it to the correct level it leave a gap around the fence/barrier as if they want you to put a small river in between the fence and the path. is with every habitat blue print so far

Top Bottom