Planet Zoo Features?

Is Planet Zoo on a different type of engine? (It looks the same to me).

There are features in planet zoo revealed in the E3 demo that have been longtime asks from the community here for Planet Coaster.

Two features I saw include Weather and staff only paths

Another new feature that would be nice is interior building detail/functionality as they showed for the zookeeper room...Maybe like the staff room, etc.

If these were implemented into Planet Zoo, why cant they be put into Planet Coaster?

Same Corba engine, they would have to recode the entire game to add those features. And at this point in PC life I doubt they are going to do that, maybe in a few years PC2 will have those items and more than PZ.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Same Corba engine, they would have to recode the entire game to add those features. And at this point in PC life I doubt they are going to do that, maybe in a few years PC2 will have those items and more than PZ.
Indeed, the same Cobra engine, but an improved version compared to previous iterations of the engine, such as those used for Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Elite: Dangerous.

Hello!
It's unlikely features that we'll see in Planet Zoo come to Planet Coaster. It's a different/improved iteration of our Cobra engine and we've learned so much technology-wise with our previous games, so Planet Zoo certainly benefits from all that knowledge. However, making retroactive changes is not likely at all.
Thank you for the answer. I wish we at least got staff only paths tho :(

Top Bottom