Planet Zoo First Gameplay video

Could be Lemurs but I hope Gorillas.
The structure seems really low so I think it is a lemur exhibit.

m73nlk.jpg

Last edited:
I just rewatched the PCGamingShow and Pierce Jackson said that the gameplay video will be released on Planet Zoo's YouTube channel this Friday at 11am PDT. Which means at 7 p.m. in the UK. I think it's a bit late. What do you think of that?

I just rewatched the PCGamingShow and Pierce Jackson said that the gameplay video will be released on Planet Zoo's YouTube channel this Friday at 11am PDT. Which means at 7 p.m. in the UK. I think it's a bit late. What do you think of that?
Might be but as always it gets uploaded after the stream and everyone can watch it at their own time of choosing.

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the water. At least one of the youtube personalities that had a preview last month at Frontiers office claimed the water is volumetric. But it's behavior at the 2:28 minute mark in this video makes me think otherwise. Slow the video down to the slowest speed and you can clearly see only 2 water heights available. Planetcoaster water suffers from limitations on how it can be placed in relation to the hole in the terrain you've created. You get markers on the side of the hole and if it doesn't conform to the frontiers requirements you can't place water at the hight you want it to be.. Volumetric water should be able to be placed at just about any height any depression created in the ground regardless of it's depth. I'd really love a clarification from Frontier on water behavior.

Outside if that annoyance the rest of the game looks great. Can't wait for beta access.

In the gameplay demo, i don't know if anyone noticed this but if you look to the left abit before you get to the picnic tables then the chimp exhibit.. you will see, i believe, the Cheetah pair. ;) I just realized it today after watching it for like the 5th time but on a bigger screen. xD

sh9qJA3.png

Last edited:
In the gameplay demo, i don't know if anyone noticed this but if you look to the left abit before you get to the picnic tables then the chimp exhibit.. you will see, i believe, the Cheetah pair. ;) I just realized it today after watching it for like the 5th time but on a bigger screen. xD

sh9qJA3.png
I literally just noticed this today too as I was rewatching it.

sh9qJA3.png
They mention some people played the demo and had cheetahs so I am sure we will see them in action :)

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the water. At least one of the youtube personalities that had a preview last month at Frontiers office claimed the water is volumetric. But it's behavior at the 2:28 minute mark in this video makes me think otherwise. Slow the video down to the slowest speed and you can clearly see only 2 water heights available. Planetcoaster water suffers from limitations on how it can be placed in relation to the hole in the terrain you've created. You get markers on the side of the hole and if it doesn't conform to the frontiers requirements you can't place water at the hight you want it to be.. Volumetric water should be able to be placed at just about any height any depression created in the ground regardless of it's depth. I'd really love a clarification from Frontier on water behavior.

Outside if that annoyance the rest of the game looks great. Can't wait for beta access.

I am somewhat pleased with this actually, because volumetric water would have kicked up the hardware requirements significantly. There are many tradeoffs to be made and this is one I'm very willing to accept.

Just a quick off topic question from a non european..

What nationality are Liesa and Bo? They sound Irish, or Scottish, but not really? Im really curious to know :) Definitely not Irish except in a few sentences... Please help!!

Top Bottom