Planet Zoo - June Monthly Catch Up

Francesca Falcini

Senior Community Manager
Hayo Zookeepers!

Whew, it's been an exciting June, hasn't it? Now that the month is coming to an end, we're back with another Monthly Catch Up to keep you up to date on all of the latest Planet Zoo news and updates!
Ready for a closer look at what June had to offer?

News:

The Planet Zoo: Africa Pack and free Update 1.6 both launched on 22 June! We've loved seeing all your feedback since we launched this content, as well as all of your new creations! Update 1.6 featured lots of exciting additions, including Mesh Fences, Deep Swimming behaviours for multiple Bears, Custom Audio Speakers, Vista Points, a brand new Timed Scenario, and more! You can read all about the features included in Update 1.6 on the dedicated forum post.

We hope you've loved meeting the sociable Meerkat, endearing Fennec Fox, amazing African Penguin, striking Southern White Rhinoceros and the remarkable Sacred Scarab Beetle, and putting over 180 new scenery and building pieces to use! The Africa Pack also introduced a brand new Timed Scenario set in a stunning Oasis with limited resources and power - we think you're up to the challenge of turning it into a total paradise! You can read more about the Planet Zoo: Africa Pack here.

PZ_Africa_Pack_Animal_960x540_WM_FFox_1.jpg
Adding an incredible 181 pieces to the Planet Zoo: Africa Pack took an incredible amount of time and research, so if you'd like to learn more about the creative process behind these amazing new pieces, take a look at the Planet Zoo: Africa Pack Developer Journal, which features Berni Pardue, the Sub-Lead, and Marc Cox, the Art Director, as they share the inspiration and processes behind some of these new items. You can read the full Africa Pack Developer Journal here.

Did you catch our Planet Zoo: Africa Pack launch stream, with Community Manager Tim and Artist Berni? You can catch up for a chance to see all of the animals in action, as well as some of the fantastic new building and scenery pieces, and some stunning habitats built by some of our incredibly talented content creators!

PZ_Pride_Shot_Watermark_960x540s.jpg
24 June saw the launch of our latest community competition, in honour of Pride Month! We want to see how you're celebrating Pride in your zoos, with a Pride-themed build! Head to the dedicated forum post for more info and details on how to enter!

Community Creations:

oasis.jpeg

We feel like we're in paradise with this Oasis: Africa Pack Showcase by PlasticSwans. Wish we were there!

bhutaneseretreat.jpg

We're in awe of this incredible Bhutanese Retreat by Jurre. This incredibly detailed retreat is the perfect addition to any zoo!

sealbeach.jpeg

Need a habitat for your seals? This incredibly detailed Seal Beach by Toves may be just what you need!

kingburger.jpeg

Hungry guests? This amazing King Burger Fast Food build by Duche30 should keep them more than happy!

Creator Spotlight:
We are obsessed with this incredibly creative Giant Cat Tree speed build by CaitlinAnwyn - those are some lucky Clouded Leopards! Make sure you follow this creator if you enjoyed the build as much as we did!

Finally, let's round up our Monthly Catch Up with all of the Zoopedia Facts that were shared throughout June:
  • Sun bears can copy each other's facial expressions; a primate-like behaviour
  • Meerkat packs have 'sentries' that give different alarm calls to warn their pack mates of different predators
  • Scarab beetles can roll balls of dung that are 50 times their weight
  • The fennec fox has very large ears that dissipate heat and are able to hear prey underground
  • African penguin eggs were seen as a delicacy up until the 1970s; the contributed to the species' decline
  • 93% of the entire population of Southern White Rhinoceros live in South Africa
That's everything for the June Monthly Catch-Up - and what a month it's been! We'll be back in July with another Monthly Catch-Up!

Beautiful creations as always. I cannot stress enough how good it is to see another official stream! So thanks Tim and Berni for getting back to that. I hope it hasn't been a tough beginning for the new CMs with all the hassle of the new update and Africa pack lol. Looking forward to seeing how PZ keeps developing!

Last edited:
Beautiful creations as always. I cannot stress enough how good it is to see another official stream! So thanks Tim and Berni for getting back to that. I hope it hasn't been a tough beginning for the new CMs with all the hassle of the new update and Africa pack lol. Looking forward to seeing how PZ keeps developing!
It took me a while, but I see a bright future ahead again.

Also: Thanks for being way more social and active with us, dear CMs! I truely appreciate! So much fun being part of this community!

Best update/release ever, i have to agree. And this isn't even my favorite pack. Can't wait to see what y'all cook up next.

And also awesome the quality of everything, from tiny trash cans to huge walls to the adorable fennec fox to the powerful white rhino. And also thanks for just being with the community, whether y'all have news or not. It's nice to see that y'all show an interest in the players

Thank you for the round-up Francesca, hope you enjoyed our little community so far! :) I lam enjoying both the free patch and the new DLC very much!

I missed alot of those fun facts, thats a cool fact about the sun bear! I really need to read the zoopedia more hehe. Glad you got us covered. And all of those community creations are awesome, so many amazing things. o_O

Francesca Falcini

Senior Community Manager
Also: Thanks for being way more social and active with us, dear CMs! I truely appreciate! So much fun being part of this community!
Thanks so much for your support, it's really appreciated!
Thank you for the round-up Francesca, hope you enjoyed our little community so far! :) I lam enjoying both the free patch and the new DLC very much!

I missed alot of those fun facts, thats a cool fact about the sun bear! I really need to read the zoopedia more hehe. Glad you got us covered. And all of those community creations are awesome, so many amazing things. o_O
I really have, it's a lovely community to be a part of! So pleased you're enjoying the DLC and the Zoopedia facts as well as the incredible community creations!

Top Bottom