Planet Zoo - Launch Update Notes

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Planet Zoo - Launch Update Notes

There have been many updates and bug fixes to Planet Zoo since our Beta; here are some of the more noteworthy things we'd like to call out before you jump into the game!

General
  • When launching the game after clicking PLAY in Steam, you may encounter a delay where you see a white screen prior to the game appearing.
  • If you have an existing Scenario 1 save from the Beta, please delete your save for the best play experience.
  • Blueprints from the Beta should be available on the Steam Workshop. Some asset pivot points may have changed, which means your blueprint might require moving and resaving.
  • Please create an avatar before signing up to the newsletter.
Animals
  • Further balancing to breeding rates.
  • Average animal longevity has been raised.
  • Improvements to animal boxing and unboxing.
  • Further social interaction animations added.
  • Big cats now have retractable claws (except for the Cheetah, as they are not supposed to have retractable claws).
Staff
  • Keepers will work out how much food they need to prepare for a habitat based on how many animals are in the habitat. They will then prioritise filling enrichment feeders before standard feeders. This can mean that if all of the prepared food is placed in enrichment feeders, the standard feeders won't be filled!
  • There have been many improvements to keeper feeding behaviour. Keepers can become tired and won't perform their duties if they are not rested, so make sure you let them have some time off at a Staff Centre now and again.
  • Mechanics should now fix broken facilities more reliably.
Franchise Mode & Frontend
  • The Animal Exchange can now be filtered.
  • Improved notifications when players are unable to purchase animals from the Animal Market.
Research
  • Vets now stop researching once they reach advanced research and must be manually re-assigned.
  • Mechanics will now perform continuous research until they complete the category they are assigned to.
Help, UI & Notifications
  • Planet Zoo has extensive help files; these are a great way to learn how to run your zoo smoothly.
  • Additional notifications including animal pregnancy/birth.
  • Improved setting ticket prices.

We really need the time speed to be changed. Animal logevity won't mean anything in the current speed of time- We've been asking for a 3X slowdown, not just 3-10 in-game years. This is too little time to bond with our animals. Frontier, please. Let us bond with our animals without them dying so fast!!

I haven't had a chance to play yet but I've read the launch notes and am very impressed that they had time to do give the cats retractable claws. That gives me hope that the more important issues I had in beta were fixed. I noticed quite a few in the launch notes. Well done, Frontier!

We really need the time speed to be changed. Animal logevity won't mean anything in the current speed of time- We've been asking for a 3X slowdown, not just 3-10 in-game years. This is too little time to bond with our animals. Frontier, please. Let us bond with our animals without them dying so fast!!

I haven't had a chance to play yet. Is the time slowed down at all?

No, it is exactly the same as in the beta. This is pretty unfair, after all the community wanted it changed, and they did nothing about it. Imagine if in real life your loved ones and pets died so fast, after barely 8 hours. I want to bond with the animals!

Yeah, I played beta and wasn't happy with the timing at all. I guess we have some work to do to get them to change that. I really figured if there was one thing that was asked for enough it was to slow down the timing.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hi everyone,

When you're in the main menu, please make sure you create your avatar BEFORE you sign up to the newsletter. We're encountering a small issue when you try to do it the other way around. We're working on a fix!

Thanks,
Bo

I don't see a bug report tab so I just put it out here, I have a bug that I didn't had in the beta. I can't connect the habitat door to any path I tried franchise, challange and sandbox mode all the same problem. Please HELP!

Last edited:
Can a dev please address the issue of animal interactions? I know it's a busy day for all of you but hearing that the issue has been recognized and will be addressed would help the disappointment a lot of people are feeling on that front. As I've said in another post it took 2 in game years to see a positive social interaction with bonobos with maxed out everything. All I did was watch for 2 in game years and that one interaction was cool but I can't imagine they were intended to be so infrequent. Babies also do no stay close to mom at all or even seem aware of the existance of their group members beyond those incredibly rare interactions. Considering it was stated that babies would stay near mom I have to wonder what happened.

Hi everyone,

When you're in the main menu, please make sure you create your avatar BEFORE you sign up to the newsletter. We're encountering a small issue when you try to do it the other way around. We're working on a fix!

Thanks,
Bo
First time playing today. Unaware of this issue. I signed up for the newsletter first thinking it had to be done before creating the avatar. Should I try signing up for the newsletter again? Secondly, you might want to put a message on that main screen, I am sure there will be many unaware that this is an issue.

I don't see a bug report tab so I just put it out here, I have a bug that I didn't had in the beta. I can't connect the habitat door to any path I tried franchise, challange and sandbox mode all the same problem. Please HELP!...

The error was already reported in the beta! It has to do with the fences it is blocked.

It's one of the worst mistakes in the game!

It is frightening that the developers still have not fixed the bug! Also many many other reported bugs have not been fixed! (n)

Very bad work on the developer team! The main thing is to pocket the money and the bugs do not matter! You would have to complain and ask for the money back !!!

Also the email support is ridiculous, if one wanted to report errors after the beta. We are not taken seriously at all!

I am not sure if I am doing something terribly wrong or there is real glitch with my game. I purchased through STEAM yesterday. Only vets are getting inside of the animal cages, the rest of the stuff is just moonwalking at the very entrance and leaves. This applies to the sandbox and career modes. I am trying to seek help for the whole day, the game is just not playable at all for me, this is really disappointing. Please help.

Top Bottom