🍁 Planet Zoo: North America Animal Pack, coming 4 October 🍁

If I remember right, one of the major predators of the moose is the Orca...
That is correct. Moose are absolute units, they have very little to fear animal wise, aside from Polars, Grizzlys and Orcas. Cougar, Wolverines and Wolves* may attempt it, but they'd probably just was likely think twice (okay maybe not the Wolverine since they're extra spicy)

I had to check myself on something too - Cougar and Moose territories have a small sliver of overlap, encounters are likely rare but not impossible.

* Typically takes a pack to successfully bring down a healthy moose in their prime, but solo attacks do happen. Usually it ends up just as badly for the wolf as it does for the moose, if not worse.

Last edited:
What do we think the biomes will be?

Beaver: temperate, taiga, aquatic

Cougar: Temperate, Taiga, Grassland, Tropical, Desert, maybe tundra? (If you count alpine tundra of Patagonia.) so everything except aquatic and potentially tundra

Moose: Taiga, Temperate, Aquatic, (Tundra? Idk someone educate me)

California Sea Lion: Aquatic, Taiga, Temperate

American Alligator: Aquatic, Temperate, Tropical

Arctic Fox: Tundra, Taiga

Prairie Dog: Grassland, (desert? Someone educate me here too)

Cougar: Temperate, Taiga, Grassland, Tropical, Desert, maybe tundra? (If you count alpine tundra of Patagonia.) so everything except aquatic and potentially tundra

Nunavut_tundra_-c.jpg

Tundra
aEc_L1z1O4Bw8BzZ1wiO5YVuTiC7T1TinEC8YuNcvSO25d8cpPcRAR-bnlg7UOwZJPYggaomYjgaAdFtKxn_tGQauVdAesioaABAppyfvUihS86w5cgQftXPbGY3CASJ3oSSg6qo5wTRgB6XhS2i7uT-6PfKZw

Taiga

Nunavut_tundra_-c.jpg

Tundra
aEc_L1z1O4Bw8BzZ1wiO5YVuTiC7T1TinEC8YuNcvSO25d8cpPcRAR-bnlg7UOwZJPYggaomYjgaAdFtKxn_tGQauVdAesioaABAppyfvUihS86w5cgQftXPbGY3CASJ3oSSg6qo5wTRgB6XhS2i7uT-6PfKZw

Taiga
I’m aware , my question about the moose was if they possibly inhabit those southern stretches of tundra around the tree line.
And for the cougar my only question about tundra is because the game has been inconsistent with alpine regions like putting the snow leopard as tundra

Pumas actually hate water and only swim as a last resort. They would rather endure the heat or find a place to sleep in hot weather. Only jaguar and tigers are fond of water really. Actually I’m not totally sure jaguars really enjoy swimming for enjoyment. They’ve kinda just evolved to use the water as a means to get around and hunt. Tigers are the only bigger cats that seem to purposely lay in the water to cool down.

Last edited:

The Prairie Dog range goes all the way into the upper Continental United States like Montana and Dakotas, and down into Texas and the upper part of Mexico, so I think desert is likely, and possibly Temperate too? Though the vertical spectrum of the range definitely fits more grassland than temperate.

I hope the Moose is in Tundra, they really should be and I will be a little disappointed if they're not.

The diversity of biomes for this pack's animals is going to be amazing.

The Prairie Dog range goes all the way into the upper Continental United States like Montana and Dakotas, and down into Texas and the upper part of Mexico, so I think desert is likely, and possibly Temperate too? Though the vertical spectrum of the range definitely fits more grassland than temperate.

I hope the Moose is in Tundra, they really should be and I will be a little disappointed if they're not.

The diversity of biomes for this pack's animals is going to be amazing.
For sure my first takeaway was just how many biomes are represented

Which ones of the new Animals are gonna be able to deep dive? Sea Lion and Alligator are pretty obvious but maybe the Beaver, Cougar and Moose?

Beaver: Temperate, taiga, aquatic
Cougar: Temperate, taiga, grassland, tropical, desert
Moose: Taiga, temperate, aquatic
California sea lion: Aquatic, taiga, temperate
American alligator: Aquatic, temperate, tropical
Arctic fox: Tundra, taiga
Black-tailed prairie dog: Grassland, desert

As a native in Florida, the Florida panther is more found in Floridian temperate pinewood forests. It doesn’t really use the water or live in the water that much. I always took the tag in PZ as more of a indication the animal spends a lot of its time in water
Hmm... looks like you're right; the Polar Bear and King Penguin are classified as aquatic, yet don't come anywhere near swamp land. Curious though, what makes a swamp a swamp in Planet Zoo then?

Top Bottom