Planet Zoo: Oceania Pack and Free Update 1.15 Out Now! 🐧

Well...the Temperate Oceania map is kind of horrendous. :ROFLMAO:

Can't we just have the normal flat map there, too? I don't want to build on islands...

Edit: No seriously that's really bad. It's tiny. The whole reason we wanted this was because mainland Australia and New Zealand is largely temperate. I appreciate the attempt, but come on. Whose idea was that?

Last edited:
well I just can confirmed. it's one of planet zoo best dlcs and updates! i can't. first the bubbles viewing are one of my fav addition to planet zoo and the orangutan brachiation it's just make me so happy to see those big guys brachiations with such a amazing animations with the brachiation!

and the dlc just saying everything. tasmanian devil was one of my most wanted animals for planet zoo and you just nailed them! the same goes for the kiwi!
and the quokka is just too adorable definitely one of the cutest animals in the game, the little blue penguins are just freaking awesome and adorable and the flying fox is so good looking and their animations are just fantastic! and the scenery is just wow. the foliage is wow! i can't I'm so impressed!
frontier you really nailed this pack and update and i'm not joking! thank you for this fantastic pack and update! and everyone Happy Launch Day! 🌴 💚 🥝

Ahh, yes.
Seems like that pesky gap IS filled visually! Hitbox or snapping position, however, still looks kinda goofy.
20230919202524_1.jpg

20230919202539_1.jpg

This whole pack is kinda weird. They put so much focus into temperate part every single plant have only tempere tag even if it shouldnt be the case.
Besides i heard quokka is overpowered in meta-game sense. 3500 - 4500 appeal? Thats as much as hippos and rhinos lol.
I agree. I also think the icon of quokka in zoopedia is very weird..

Besides i heard quokka is overpowered in meta-game sense. 3500 - 4500 appeal? Thats as much as hippos and rhinos lol.
That kinda of consolidate hippo as the worst animal in meta game.
Need too much space, have a bad reproduction, is expansive to feed and have the same appeal as a small marsupial that is quite unknown for general aundience.

It's quite sad when you stop to think about it.

Well...the Temperate Oceania map is kind of horrendous. :ROFLMAO:

Can't we just have the normal flat map there, too? I don't want to build on islands...

Edit: No seriously that's really bad. It's tiny. The whole reason we wanted this was because mainland Australia and New Zealand is largely temperate. I appreciate the attempt, but come on. Whose idea was that?
I won’t have chance to play for a few hours yet so can’t see for myself but it says here there is a flat and a sculpted version. Are there any differences?

IMG_0533.jpeg

Thanks frontier! This update is incredible! Love the brachiating orangutans! I would just like to politely ask as always with every update that you guys take a look at the giant panda’s species appeal and make it the highest in the game to reflect the real life popularity of the giant panda! Also if you guys can please look at fixing the slow motion clouded leopard movements and the Malayan tapir model. Thank you guys so much for all you do we appreciate you guys as fans of this beautiful game!

I won’t have chance to play for a few hours yet so can’t see for myself but it says here there is a flat and a sculpted version. Are there any differences?
No - the flat version is the entire map on a flat island (the whole background is water and more islands dotted around). The sculpted version is the same map but with sculpting within the actual boundaries. I can see what they were going for but it was a bad decision. The island map should have been kept separate - it's the scenario map made blank rather than a true Sandbox Map, like I feared it would be.

I'm a bit peeved. The rest of the pack is perfect (minus the quokka); scenery is amazing, foliage is on point, animals are fantastic. They let us down with that map, though; it would have been easier even to just make the new temperate areas use the same temperate map as everywhere else, so I'm scratching my head wondering why they didn't.

No - the flat version is the entire map on a flat island (the whole background is water and more islands dotted around). The sculpted version is the same map but with sculpting within the actual boundaries. I can see what they were going for but it was a bad decision. The island map should have been kept separate - it's the scenario map made blank rather than a true Sandbox Map, like I feared it would be.

I'm a bit peeved. The rest of the pack is perfect (minus the quokka); scenery is amazing, foliage is on point, animals are fantastic. They let us down with that map, though; it would have been easier even to just make the new temperate areas use the same temperate map as everywhere else, so I'm scratching my head wondering why they didn't.
That is really disappointing. The island map is a great thing but we should really have a regular map - although not with the same map skirt as the old temperate map in my opinion as that just isn’t right for many areas.

If you don't mind me asking, why not just use another temperate map?
Ingame, the continent you pick only has an extremely minimal affect on animal ratings (IE: Oceania animals have less appeal in Oceania).
Obviously it would be good to pick and choose what background you have, but that's not how the system works ingame currently. Instead, you can choose different continents to have different backgrounds, and with a bit of suspension of disbelief, I think it works pretty well. I use the Africa Grasslands for California, used the Estonia map for Australia Wetlands, Japan map for New England, etc. It all works good if you use a bit of...
1695128165694.png

I am LOVING this pack… animals are amazing (of course) and the plants, but some of the scenery is fantastic - I have started spamming the new fence and I’m not sure I’m going to be able to stop….
Gosh yes about the scenery. I mentioned this is my favorite scenery since Europe...if I think about it, the Conservation scenery was just "okay" for me, I enjoyed the backstage items but wasn't excited about them either. The building pieces were boring to me. The Twilight scenery was almost too themed - Halloween uses of course would be, but the "extreme Europe" architecture was a bit overdone for my tastes. The Indonesian theme isn't bad to look at but it's clunky to try to build with.

This theme though...perfection for a not so stealthy islands theme.

Top Bottom