Planet Zoo Picture Thread

This is Jasmine. She came from Königsberger Zoo. She was my first Albino and what a surprise she was! The first 3 pictures are of her and her offspring when she was around 2-3 years old. Eventually...She reached 23 years. The life expectancy of a Peafowl. So like I did throughout her 21 years at my zoo...I watched her. Enjoying her beauty (despite the texture bug) and doing Peafowl things. Spending time with her family. She was the star of the Habitat. Being the only white one at the time. And the first white one at that. She was mother to the whole flock (almost literally 🤣). Reaching old age...She started sleeping more. Only really waking up to eat and maybe go for a stroll now and again. (Read more below)
View attachment 150792View attachment 150793View attachment 150794View attachment 150795View attachment 150796
View attachment 150797

Alas...She had finally spawned another white baby. Carrying her special gene to pass on to many more generations of Peafowl.

View attachment 150802

So she spent time with her last litter, enjoying the thrill of motherhood one last time.

View attachment 150803View attachment 150804View attachment 150805

She watched them grow and enjoyed her family's company. One last time. (That's her on the left hobbling along. same in the pic above)

And then in the end.... (NEXT COMMENT)
Didn't realize until just now, but I have a white peafowl from the same zoo!

Top Bottom