Planet Zoo requirements

Hi all,

I’m just looking for some help from Planet Zoo players and am aware this question has probably been asked 100’s of times.

I’m looking to make an investment in a new laptop and will be my first ‘gaming’ laptop. Planet Zoo is pretty high on my list and was hoping something like the below could run the game.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H
RAM: 8GB DDR4 (2400 MHz)
Graphics Card: NVDIA GeForce GTX 1650
Storage: 512GB SSD

I know the specs aren’t quite up to the recommended, but I’m not that tech savvy, so looking for some advice!

Cheers!

I would recommend 16GB, as PZ is a bit hungry there.

thanks for the response. Unfortunately I’ve not got the room for a tower and struggling to find a laptop with 16GB inbudget. Might have to risk it... I wish they would just bring back a port of Zoo Tycoon!

You should at least check if it's possible to upgrade the ram of specific notebook( maybe later). If you have a link or modell-number, I could also check for you.
I would strongly avoid to buy something new in 2020, that is limited to 8 GB with no possible upgrade.

You should at least check if it's possible to upgrade the ram of specific notebook( maybe later). If you have a link or modell-number, I could also check for you.
I would strongly avoid to buy something new in 2020, that is limited to 8 GB with no possible upgrade.

looks like it can be upgraded to 32GB; is it easy to upgrade; sorry for stupid questions? It’s been so long since I’ve owned a PC/laptop! Appreciate the help! Thanks.

this is what I’m looking at: (ASUS TUF FX505DT)

I just read a review, it's ok. You could add a second 8 GB Dimm later on.
And yes, upgrading is easy.
So I say go for it.

Top Bottom