šŸ¾ Planet Zoo: Southeast Asia Animal Pack arriving 30 March šŸ¾

I would say it's unfortunate of course, and even surprising. But maybe they'll be time for them to tweak it in later game updates, though I don't know how possible that is. I swear though I think they remodeled the polar bear's head after release, so if I'm correct on that changes can be done but not necessarily expected.

I think the binturong is either going to look incredible or incredibly inaccurate. I do think though, given Frontier's overall track record with animal design, I'm betting on the former.

I think it depends on who was the artist behind it, was it the one who created the Clouded Leopard, Proboscis Monkey, Sun Bear and amazing insect or was it someone else? I have really high expectations for the Binturong and can not believe it was not either number one or two in the players requests, goes to show you how different everyone's priorities are in this game. I'm absolutely exited to have the amazing binturong in the game, can't wait to hopefully see it tomorrow.

I think it depends on who was the artist behind it, was it the one who created the Clouded Leopard, Proboscis Monkey, Sun Bear and amazing insect or was it someone else? I have really high expectations for the Binturong and can not believe it was not either number one or two in the players requests, goes to show you how different everyone's priorities are in this game. I'm absolutely exited to have the amazing binturong in the game, can't wait to hopefully see it tomorrow.
I hope itā€™s tomorrow we have more days than animals left so some days will be empty

Last edited:
Maybe some people got the hump because we did land in an era where gratitude is at an all time low and very often it's impossible to satisfy people. I'm not saying the guy is generally an ungrateful person in any way but with everything we have been through in the last 12 months hopefully it's just good that we have something new in the game. Whether it's an opinion about a computer game or something drastic in daily life.... Taking the negative aspect is never going to make life any easier for those watching listening and reading it.

Maybe some people got the hump because we did land in an era where gratitude is at an all time low and very often it's impossible to satisfy people. I'm not saying the guy is generally an ungrateful person in any way but with everything we have been through in the last 12 months hopefully it's just good that we have something new in the game. Whether it's an opinion about a computer game or something drastic in daily life.... Taking the negative aspect is never going to make life any easier for those watching listening and reading it.
You are entitled to your opinion but I donā€™t think thatā€™s an appropriate response to legitimate concerns and constructive criticism. People are being incredibly positive about the other animals. The sun bear, for example is stunning. But I have serious concerns about the tapir and it is absolutely appropriate to raise those concerns.

I'd like to raise a point of discussion here, perhaps against my better judgement because I know there are a lot of people who are ride or die Frontier supporters. This was not an issue to me until today, but it's come to my attention that the Malayan tapir is quite literally a 1 to 1 reskin of the Baird's tapir.

After speaking with some people on the reddit who are more knowledgeable on the subject of tapirs, there are some major anatomical issues with Frontier's creation. The head is completely incorrect, the trunk is far too short, there ought to be a more pronounced hump at the rear and the scaling is wrong as well, as Malayan tapirs are about 20% larger than Baird's tapir. After realizing all of these things, I must admit it has soured me quite a lot on this particular animal. I'm not turned off to the dlc as a whole, the rest of the animals seem to be pretty realistic so far, though this does scare me a bit as to how the precious binturong will look and move.

What does everyone else think about this?
Head is totally different than Bairdā€™s I already mentioned that, trunk is uplifted so Itā€™s hard to judge the length of it and we were not able to compare the size since we still donā€™t have the animal. So please wait till the release.

I know that for many people Malayan tapir is nothing special but for me is essential as the lion. So please be patient and have a little bit more faith in Frontier.

1616577231171.jpeg

1616576456401.jpeg

1616576378021.jpeg

Last edited:
Head is totally different than Bairdā€™s I already mentioned that, trunk is uplifted so Itā€™s hard to judge the length of it and we were not able to compare the size since we still donā€™t have the animal. So please wait till the release.
Exactly, with some other DLC people were commenting on the appearance of an animal as well. Till the DLC dropped and things were just as fine.

Remember 1 thing that was a concern was water clarity, which now is getting a fix in the next update. Looking back, those concerns were legit :D

It's just a wait and see, they aren't going to change this before release and if it's really off - just create a thread regarding the appearance of the Tapir.

I know that for many people Malayan tapir is nothing special but for me is essential as the lion. So please be patient and have a little bit more faith in Frontier.
I agree, its weird that people say that the size is the same as the current Bairdā€™s. Like...how would you know that? There is nothing on that screenshot to compare the size differences.

I agree, its weird that people say that the size is the same as the current Bairdā€™s. Like...how would you know that? There is nothing on that screenshot to compare the size differences.
Plants in the background provide a rough scale. IMO it does appear to be the exact same model as the Baird's tapir. If they don't change it before Tuesday, oh well. If they never change, I'll download a mod that will fix it for them. It is what it is. Hopefully it doesn't become a pattern.

Glad to see what species' in the next DLC. So maximum how many species will each of the upcoming DLCs will have from now on? And may I know what's next after that pack? At least some hints?

Agree with everything, exactly my views on the subject. We are definitely in an era where reading comprehension is scarce, at an old time low some might say, it is very difficult to get someone to read an entire post if it contains more than two sentences. Now I'm not saying that the person is lazy or lacks the ability to read or even dissect what is being discussed, I think it comes down to jumping to conclusions too quickly just to generate a reaction.

Constructive criticism as long as is done respectfully is definitely not something that should be characterized as a negative. It often drives whoever is receiving it to further improve on whatever it is being critiqued. It definitely helped me tremendously in my career. As an artist, it is often the only way to progress significantly and to shift course when appropriate.

As far as my observations in relation to the Malayan Tapir, it goes beyond constructive criticism it speaks of a great passion and love for this game, and the outmost respect for those who helped create it. I will always promote honesty and transparency and absolutely believe in giving credit where credit is due. I do however believe in putting things into perspective, as it can only assist those creating the game. Much of the criticism that has been offered in this forum and other platforms is often used by Frontier to improve their product significantly.

I think I made it abundantly clear in my post that a lot of it could be the angles in the single picture of the model, it all remains to be unraveled when the dlc is released. One thing it is important to point out, Frontier does listen to players feedback, and has made many game changes based on observations from players, however until this date not a single time an animal model has been drastically changed in appearance after release. All the critique saying otherwise is simply untrue, there is no guarantee that anything will be revisited once it is release, so it is important to address minor adjustments now when it would be feasible to do so.

Taking the negative aspect of any constructive observations is never going to make life any easier for those offering it out of affection and gratitude, as well as those in need of it to succeed. :) Stay Happy!!!

Last edited:
I'm sort of surprised they're doing another poll, but it makes sense since they were going to have more days remaining than animals to show off. I'm just glad we don't have to wait until the very end to see the binturong like I was expecting.

All I'll say about the Malayan tapir is that you can definitely tell they started with a retexture of the Baird's, even if model adjustments were made later.

That might seem obvious, because of course they did, and being a tapir it would always at least resemble the Baird's, but it doesn't look quite right. I suppose it will just be added to the list of other animals that are close but not quite there yet.

Back
Top Bottom