🐾Planet Zoo - Update 1.14 coming 20 June🐾

Ow..what a surprise! Didn't expect the announcement so soon!
Love the update! Hopefully I can do something with the camera option, because I am so bad at these kind of things...lol.
Flexicolor staff....:p

Definitely I will watch the stream !

Last edited:
Oh! What a nice surprise. 💚
Just got back from lunch and am reading this. I expected something that would come this week and hoped that the stream wouldn't be on Thursday (I wouldn't have been able to watch it)
That's why I'm all the happier that the stream is today. I think I have to go home early today... :ROFLMAO:
I'm really looking forward to the ✨stream✨, the last one was soooo nice and I had so much fun watching it. 💚

I’m keeping an open mind but so far I find this update very underwhelming.

I’m really keen for updates that contribute to the versatility of what we can build - more varied maps and map skirts, better biome options - than camera tricks and ways to show off what we build.

Another case of putting content creators first as far as I am concerned.

For me there’s nothing really to get excited about.

Last edited:
OH MY GOD! It's sound such an amazing update! every feature hear sound something that I will use for sure!
Staff Flexicolour: such a amazing and great change now we can make our own stuff to our own zoos! I just super excited for this feature!

Spitting Behaviours: it sound SO funny, when this update & (👀) launch I have to check it out because it soun so funny and realistic! and I can't wait to see it!

Scenic Camera Mode & Cinematic Route Editor: it sound so amazing!!! I'm really struggling with Cinematic and the Camera angle and it sound like it gonna be so useful for me for projects that I'm working on! 👀

but overall such a amazing update, really! it probably one of my fav that we got so far! and it's just such a fun update! and I CAN'T WAIT to the ✨Special Livestream✨ today! I think it gonna be awesome and interesting!!! can't wait for the 20th in june!

Wow I was not expecting news to drop this early. Seems like the Tropical Pack was yesterday. Always very excited to get new content though 🤪

For me, this update annoucement is not that exciting. I'm happy about flexicolour staff which will be useful to make our zoos more unique. It's also always nice to see new animal behaviors being added to older animals. I really appreciate that the devs keep updating the animals to make them behave more and more realistically. That being said, those are two relatively "small" things and I'm not really interested by the camera effects. I'm sure YouTubers will love it but I don't think I will ever use it. But, oh well, every update can't be for everyone.

Can't wait to know what the DLC will be...

For me, this update annoucement is not that exciting. I'm happy about flexicolour staff which will be useful to make our zoos more unique. It's also always nice to see new animal behaviors being added to older animals. I really appreciate that the devs keep updating the animals to make them behave more and more realistically. That being said, those are two relatively "small" things and I'm not really interested by the camera effects. I'm sure YouTubers will love it but I don't think I will ever use it. But, oh well, every update can't be for everyone.
Quote this 100%, at this point of the game i wish we had a sandbox market update and a terrain texture tool, other than that everything that comes is a plus for me.

Staff Flexicolour

New season, new wardrobe! With the addition of Staff Flexicolour options for your Zoos, you'll be able to customise the colour combinations of your staff's uniforms, allowing for a whole new range of possibilities. These options will allow you to create custom colour schemes for your favourite members of staff through their individual info panel, or select different colourways for each staff type through the Staff Overview screen so you can get an at-a-glance overview of where they are in your zoo. The decision is yours!
Ok, so, this'll be perfect for me to customize different workzones. Maybe zone 1 has gray pants while zone 2 has green pants. While it seems not interesting, this may be useful. I'm kinda tired of having to go one by one in my staff panel to look for who I need since I forget their names...
Spitting Behaviours

Guests might be in for a surprise next time they're a little too close to your habitats...some animals will now exhibit spitting at guests as a new behaviour! They'll be able to spit through some of the fences, and you might even be able to spot them attempting to spit through the glass walls of their habitats 👀. Both the Bactrian Camel and Llama are capable of spitting at your guests in-game, so you'll want to keep an eye out to spot this behaviour in-action. Luckily, guests who experience spitting behaviours first-hand won't have their happiness impacted - how understanding!
This'll be fun to watch. I'm sure guests will wipe their faces, but it'd be super funny if they start spitting because the camel spit got into their mouth...
Scenic Camera Mode

Lights, camera, action! With the new Scenic Camera Mode, you'll be able to create smooth vista shots throughout your Zoos.

Just place the camera in your desired location and select from a few predefined camera behaviours like spin, ellipse, spiral in, spiral out, then further adjust the zoom and movement speed of the camera to experience cinematic views of just parts of your zoo or your whole zoo if you'd like!
Very cool and useful for videos. Reminds me of the cinematic camera from JWE 2. Great as a screensaver maker...
Cinematic Route Editor

That's not all, for our nifty Planet Zoo community who love creating more intricate and compelling videos and views of your park, we've added a new Cinematic Route Editor! This tool will put you into digital animation mode, allowing you to add specific key frames to any area of your park that can all be connected or separated in sequence to create a unique and defined path for the camera to transition through. You can add as many key frames as you like and each key frame can be customised by changing camera position, rotation, focus, zoom or cutting directly to the next key frame. There are also some route settings you can add once you've created your key frame animation that include: hiding the UI whilst your route is being played, looping the route or changing the speed of the animation as a whole. It's a truly dynamic way to show off all your hard work to the world, so make sure you have a play around with it!
Not too interested in this, but nice for YouTubers nonetheless

I’m keeping an open mind but so far I find this update very underwhelming.

I’m really keen for updates that contribute to the versatility of what we can build - more varied maps and map skirts, better biome options - than camera tricks and ways to show off what we build.

Another case of putting content creators first as far as I am concerned.

For me there’s nothing really to get excited about.
Yeah, after the weird diorama stuff, this again feels very much catered to Content Creators but not at all useful for the average player. (At least I like watching PZ content, so we'll see how that plays out).

After the last 3-4 updates I wasn't really expecting anything that interests me (individual animal behavior that effects the management, sandbox-animal-creator, private trading in franchise, better map backgrounds, disable water bodies for swimming, multiple habitat gates etc.), but I'm still always surprised how far they can get away from the game play of a zoo game... Nothing (absolutely nothing) beats the diromas, though.

The staff coloration is maybe fun to play around, but other than that I probably will look forward to the bug fixes or something. Usually there is always 1-2 things that are imrpoved also for my game.

Top Bottom