šŸ¾ Planet Zoo: Update 1.5 and Southeast Asia Animal Pack out now! šŸ¾

Just want to say, I was pretty vocal about my disdain for the new pack. Then they went and changed the binturong over the weekend and I felt after complaining so loudly, I owed it to them to buy the pack. I am very glad I did. They are 7 unique and beautiful animals and add a ton to the base game. In the (admittedly huge) zoo I'm building now, I think the dhole is the only one that I'm not going to fit in -- even though I love their model, too. The clouded leopard, in fact, is going to be the grand show animal in front of my "Islands" exhibit. So, probably unsurprisingly, I was wrong and this dev team was right.

For me the update & DLC don't do that much.

Some features are nice to have, like the water change option. Really like that.
I like building an designing habitats.and not much into designing zoo billboards. (Already work with PS for several hours per week)

The animals in the DLC look great but imo don't offer much new to game. The Dhole/Tapir are the least interesting of the bunch. Happy for the people who love them but not for me.
Seen footage and someone shared some info. In short: a 50-70% discount buy for me. Nice to have them at some point to complete the selection of animals but really no rush on that one.

Really hope the next DLC is more balanced. For me, this is definately a miss. But that's bound to happen at some point for everyone.
Oh well, hopefully next update/DLC will be more interesting

@NL_Mutso well hopefully the next dlc is better for you. I really enjoy the ability to change water color also. Havenā€™t used the custom billboards but glad to have them. Really like the animals Iā€™ve used the binturong, sun bear, and babirusa to date. To me the exciting thing looking back to the beginning I bought the deluxe game so it had 76 animals to start which some were a mystery. Now we are at 103 animals which have added some much needed like kangaroo and polar bears and more obvious choices. Some surprise like the dall sheep and proboscis monkey. Some much needed aquatic animals ect. Itā€™s exciting and a mystery which animals are yet to come in our zoos and zoopedias. Hopefully a ton more to come for this game and many more yrs of support. The next CM will have quite a challenge on their hands replacing Chante but the future of this game looks very promising.

Hello.
Iā€™m sorry to tell you that, after the new update, I get that utterly annoying ā€œno path to destinationā€ bug.
Itā€™s so annoying that I canā€™t keep on playing, I canā€™t do anything, place any animals and so on... it looks as if Iā€™m not the only one... :(

Hello.
Iā€™m sorry to tell you that, after the new update, I get that utterly annoying ā€œno path to destinationā€ bug.
Itā€™s so annoying that I canā€™t keep on playing, I canā€™t do anything, place any animals and so on... it looks as if Iā€™m not the only one... :(
I got it too itā€™s getting on my last nerve

Just FYI it is a holiday in the UK today so you aren't likely to get any response from Frontier but I imagine bug fixing will be top priority this coming week so sending in your save files if you have that bug might be a good idea

I just encountered the No path to Destination bug in the new timed scenario, Scholey Manor. I was just trying to move a lemur from the tracecenter to its new habitat. Oddly, I able to get past it by deleting then rebuilding the barriers, and moving the tradecenter to a different location. I don't know why that should have helped, but....

Quick question... does anyone know why I'm not getting an option for Grade 3 food?
Have never seen this before (always select Grade 3 usually) so wondered if it's a fault since the update? Hopefully just me missing something.

Attachments

• bears.png
    bears.png
    225.1 KB · Views: 103
Quick question... does anyone know why I'm not getting an option for Grade 3 food?
Have never seen this before (always select Grade 3 usually) so wondered if it's a fault since the update? Hopefully just me missing something.
Hope that Question isn't too stupid, but are you sure you've researched the Species enough?

I've read that it seems like Binturongs only hang on their Tail when there are no Enrichment-Items. Could this please be fixed? People shouldn't need to keep unhappy Animals for this.
I've also seen Pictures of the Albino(?) Babirusa and the Texture is wrong. They look like Statues but they should look like this
2064ef27b3e74ce00e89cfff614b78b8.jpg

Hi again everyone,

Please email us your save file to community(at)frontier.co.uk if you are experiencing the following bugs:

• Animals walking through barriers
  • Pathing issues when moving animals to/from quarantine/habitat/trading center

Our devs are also looking into the Animal Talks and the No Births toggle!
I've didn't send a Save File because the Escape Problem stopped but now the Penguins escape all the Time again. Where exactly do I find the Save File and will I be able to continue playing that Franchise Save normally while the Frontier Employees take a Look at it?

If this is true, we need fix asap!

I've read that it seems like Binturongs only hang on their Tail when there are no Enrichment-Items.

Let's first check this ingame before we start spreading potential false rumors,
I've definitely seen them hang in my game, and I'm sure I had enrichment items in the same habitat (not behind my computer at home to check).

Just because someone read somewhere that they don't hang isn't really convincing evidence. Not saying they are lieing either, but I've definitely at least seen them hang.

Last edited:
Let's first check this ingame before we start spreading potential false rumors,
I've definitely seen them hang in my game, and I'm sure I had enrichment items in the same habitat (not behind my computer at home to check).

Just because someone read somewhere that they don't hang isn't really confincing evidence.
Ok, thanks for the Information. Can't test it myself in the Game currently

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
The next CM will have quite a challenge on their hands replacing Chante but the future of this game looks very promising.
We're doing our best to fill Chante's shoes and we hope we're up to the task! :)
The team is hard at work with fixing bugs and investigating issues, so don't forget to report them in via the Issue Tracker.
Just FYI it is a holiday in the UK today so you aren't likely to get any response from Frontier but I imagine bug fixing will be top priority this coming week so sending in your save files if you have that bug might be a good idea
Thanks for letting everyone know. It was indeed a holiday, but we have been keeping track of things. Players should also report bugs via our Issue Tracker

Top Bottom