Horizons Planetary mining facility

Hi,
I found a mining facility on a planet. I don't know exactly what it's called and I found no reference in forum search.
It mines the ground underneath and we can take the mining materials from it.

I did have a screenshot to record it's location but somehow it's disappeared.
So, before I go back searching, my question is are these facilities permanent or random generated?
Also, if it is perma, how long before new materials are generated/spawned.

Thanks

Mining facilities are one of the points of interest that randomly spawn on the surface. When you leave the instance it belongs to (get in supercruise / orbital flight), the POI despawns and if you get back to the exact location you found it, there will most likely be nothing there.

I think all permanent facilities on the surface are shown on the system map when you zoom in on the planet to switch to the planetary map, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

There is 2 type of mining facilities, randomly generated POIs and permanent.

Random POIs aren't market on map and spawn to instance and can be found same way than usually POIs (inside blue circle). When player leave instance the POi will de-spawn.

Permanent mining facilities are market on maps like every other surface outpost (those that have no landing pads and have rating +,++ or +++). So some of those on map are mining facilities and there is quite large ones too. The thing is that most people don't care about surface missions so they don't go to those places.

There is 2 type of mining facilities, randomly generated POIs and permanent.

Random POIs aren't market on map and spawn to instance and can be found same way than usually POIs (inside blue circle). When player leave instance the POi will de-spawn.

Permanent mining facilities are market on maps like every other surface outpost (those that have no landing pads and have rating +,++ or +++). So some of those on map are mining facilities and there is quite large ones too. The thing is that most people don't care about surface missions so they don't go to those places.
My 5c:
So far I haven't seen any large ("+++") non-dockable settlements with automatic extractors, but all other sizes have at least one variation with them (follow the link in my signature for details).
Also, positive side - destruction of an automatic extractor doesn't count as an act of aggression, so you can blow them and take the loot at any time anywhere (in restricted areas also if you are fast enough). Sometimes you can found minerals that you can not purchase anywhere else, like jadeite and so on.

Thanks, I understand better now. Yes it was found in blue circle, so it will disappear like any other POI.

I didn't know about the extractors on settlements, so at least I know now.

Mining facilities are one of the points of interest that randomly spawn on the surface. When you leave the instance it belongs to (get in supercruise / orbital flight), the POI despawns and if you get back to the exact location you found it, there will most likely be nothing there.

Other wing members probably won't see it either.

My 5c:
So far I haven't seen any large ("+++") non-dockable settlements with automatic extractors, but all other sizes have at least one variation with them (follow the link in my signature for details).
Also, positive side - destruction of an automatic extractor doesn't count as an act of aggression, so you can blow them and take the loot at any time anywhere (in restricted areas also if you are fast enough). Sometimes you can found minerals that you can not purchase anywhere else, like jadeite and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSQOdFxyPu0

You can see one in 2:30 ->

Well it isn't large but its non-dockable permanent planetary settlement with extractors. (not +++ tho).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSQOdFxyPu0
You can see one in 2:30 ->Well it isn't large but its non-dockable permanent planetary settlement with extractors. (not +++ tho).
Classic "T12"(map) by my classification (tiny size, model 1, sub-variation #2) - guarded by 1 guardian+3 sentry's, have restricted access area, 10 automatic extractors with the extra-high yield of 2-3 tonnes of minerals in each one.
So far settlements with automatic extractors (SVS classification):
"++" - Medium -> M5x - all variations - low, medium and high
"+" Small -> S4L (Low security)
"" Tiny -> T1x -> T11, T12
For full info/description check the link in my signature (google doc). And yes, I've said that there I haven't seen large (+++) settlements with automatic extractors, and can only repeat this.

i have found those but never been brave/stupid enough to shoot them, will the port defences attack you?
So far I haven't tried this near planetary ports - only in medium, small and tiny non-dockable settlements, and that's work. Skimmers/turrets doesn't pay attention for those actions - there is one other point to be aware of, as skimmers tend to ram in your ship if it is parked nearby with all negative consequences. But I think it's will be ok also with planetary ports - I'll try this next time.

Top Bottom