Horizons Planets landing in Horizons

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
After playing a while with Horizons, i have a question. As Horizons is now, the players are able to enter the atmosphere and land on certain planets only. Will a later version add the ability to land or perhaps fly close to the surface of planets without atmosphere or with atmosphere not dangerous to the ship? For instance, why not have the ability to enter the atmosphere of Earth-likes, or water-worlds (ok, i guess it may be too early for that but...)? What about Gas-giants (well, non-toxic ones anyway)? Are there any plans for these?

Last edited:
I doubt that. FDev have indicated that landing on planets with an atmosphere won't come until another season.

Well, at least it's coming. That's what i wanted to hear. As for the when, well, the sooner the better but i guess we can't have it all from day 1... :)

What date was Horizons released?

December.

This is purely speculation on my part, but atmospheric flight would have to change the flight model considerably. So there is a monumental amount of work. Hydrospheres would should also involve some hefty work. And planets with life on them? We don't even have little peeps walking around in stations, so we're probably years out from landing on inhabited planets.

In between all these things we're supposed to see walking around on ships, then walking around on stations, and those two have been forecasted as arriving in separate seasons from each other.

The entire development plan for ED is ten years long. There's a lot coming, but it's going to come at a much slower pace than "atmospheric landings this year".

December.

This is purely speculation on my part, but atmospheric flight would have to change the flight model considerably. So there is a monumental amount of work. Hydrospheres would should also involve some hefty work. And planets with life on them? We don't even have little peeps walking around in stations, so we're probably years out from landing on inhabited planets.

In between all these things we're supposed to see walking around on ships, then walking around on stations, and those two have been forecasted as arriving in separate seasons from each other.

The entire development plan for ED is ten years long. There's a lot coming, but it's going to come at a much slower pace than "atmospheric landings this year".

Is there any direct evidence that it won't be this year?

What's stopping it from coming in bata by November this years? Anyone told you officially not this year?

It was told many times by OFFICIAL statement of FD.

One of them :

iginally Posted by Mephane
Do you mean initially, or does that mean that planetary landing won't be expanded to planets with atmospheres, and then life and civilization, within the scope of the season?

Answer from Michael Brookes : the day of Horizons annoucement :
Not within the season - planets with life and atmospheres are further down the line.

Michael

My source : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=172167&p=2640554&viewfull=1#post2640554

So IT IS MORE THAN OFFICIAL : NO ATMOSPHERIC PLANET in SEASON 2. Period.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Again ANOTHER Official statement :

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by popuptoaster
Only rocky planets with no atmosphere at release, metallic and icey worlds will come over later the season, also no mention of worlds with active volcanism or tectonics at release so i dare say that will come later as well.

I saw in one video a dev said they had seen rocky worlds up to eight time Earth size i think.

It's any world without an atmosphere - not just rocky.

Michael

SOURCE : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=192062&p=2958713&viewfull=1#post2958713

Again and again and again people continuously asking the same question, and FD patiently reply. Not this year, not this season. NOT now.

So nothing saying they won't come next season, which could be out in December this year?

ROADMAP from FD : only official existing statement after Horizons
our current roadmap is to add (in no particular order):
  • Landing/ driving / prospecting on airless rocky planets, moons & asteroids
  • Walking around interiors and combative boarding of other ships
  • Combat and other interactions with other players and AIs in the internal areas of star ports
  • Accessing richly detailed planetary surfaces
  • Availability of giant ‘executive control’ ships to players

From NEWSLETTER #29 : http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=dcbf6b86b4b0c7d1c21b73b1e&id=1824c0b05a

Season 3 could be Walking around interiors and ship. or combat interaction.

So what is the point of this question ? We OFFICIAL don't know nor have any evidence. Play the game as it is now.

Atmospheric will come on day. With no precise order.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom