Planets.

There are countless of threads on that, but yeah that's my major issue with this update. And while other issues are clearly a bug - with this one you will find more then one that will justify it, and essentially claim it's a great feature of the new "tech".

We don't know fdev response because they have not talked about it. There is a bug tracker open on this which seems confirmed but no official response.

To me it's night and day between horizons and this... garbage. And I was really looking forward to EDO.

All you have to do see it is switch between the clients on multiple planets. After that it's hard to un-see it, unless your an Fdev white knight.

Well the texturing is WAY better imo and the rock scattering. Maybe the heightmaps are conservative on ice worlds - you need water for any more significant erosion - but I'm seeing some interesting features thrown up, that for me look very convincing as planets, even if they're not all covered in 10km deep ravines all over the place. Racing planets might be more edge case, rarer now and need finding.

Update: I did find a normal planet after about 10-12 ugly grey planet - there is some hope there :

Attachments

• 20210523203635_1.jpg
    20210523203635_1.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210523203906_1.jpg
    20210523203906_1.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom