Please give us back the detailed numbers when replacing a module

I generally don't mind the Odyssey outfitting UI, after a bit of getting used to it I find it easier for the most part.

However there is at least one area where it is quantifiably much less useful than Horizon's outfitting screen:
When you're replacing a module and comparing the stats of the old module

This is Horizon's UI (top) and Odyssey's UI (bottom) when comparing a module to replace:

hoirzons_outfit_compare.jpg
odyssey_outfit_compare.jpg

Reasons why Odyssey UI is less useful:
  • Detailed comparison of stats
    • The Horizons module comparison clearly shows percentage changes between old modules and new ones.
    • Meanwhile Odyssey only shows an enigmatic up/down arrow - it doesn't matter if the change is 1% or 1000%.
  • Ability to see old ship and module stats with a mouse-over
    • Neither shows percentage when it comes to ship spec changes
    • HOWEVER the Horizons UI shows the currently equipped module that you're replacing in the list of modules.
      Hovering over the old module will display the module's stats, as well as the ship's stats you have now, with this module being already equipped.
    • The Odyssey UI shows the currently equipped module at the very top in a small box, but it is not interactive (hover or click does nothing).
      If I want to see the stats of the currently equipped module, or the stats of my ship with it, I have to back out of 2 screens, and then hover over my currently equipped module. And then you have go 2 screens forward and find the new module you wanted to install too.
Conclusion:
The Odyssey UI provides no exact numbers when comparing modules, only indicator that stats got better or worse.
The Odyssey UI provides no easy way to quickly check current module numbers or what the ship's stats are with current module.

Please bring back the detailed number comparison when replacing modules, and please let us check our ships stats without leaving the selection screen, in a similar fashion to how it was done in Horizons. Thank you.

Is there any way I can submit a feature request? I know the bug reports site, but I don't think I can officially submit this as a feature request right?

This is quantifiably less useful UI, not just some opinion on what I was used to before - I feel like it deserves to be addressed.

The other issue is when you're trying to bring all your modules to your carrier (for example). In Odyssey you have to go in and out of every category to see where the modules are, instead of just getting a long list all in one go.

How about the percentages for the Combat, Trade and Elite rankings in the right-side panel?

Why were those removed in the first place? How can removing precise information that has use to players possibly be a good thing?

Please give us that information back too!

How about the percentages for the Combat, Trade and Elite rankings in the right-side panel?

Why were those removed in the first place? How can removing precise information that has use to players possibly be a good thing?

Not ideal, but if you link your account to Inara you can check your percentages there.

Not ideal, but if you link your account to Inara you can check your percentages there.
I have it linked, but sadly even with EDMC in the background sending data, the percent doesn't seem to update realtime.
I was at 1% this morning, and did some combat just now, bar moved, but inara still said 1%.

In fact, I just checked again, still says 1%. Yet logging into Horizons it tells me I'm 7% to Deadly, not 1%. So it's not quite as good :( and I'm going to have to log into Horizons every now and then just to get the %... it's bad design that never should've been broken in the first place.

Inara only updates the commander info from Frontier once every 24 hours, unless you force an update through the site (and you're not meant to do that too often, I think)

The percentages don't seem to be part of the data uploaded by EDMC.

Word.

It's just like all the UI changes they made in the GalMap. It gives you overall less information, and what information is still there is much harder to get to.

There are just so many design regressions in EDO.

So someone at least submitted a bug for the combat rank missing percentages: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/42439

I feel like fdev might just mark it as "by design" - if they address it at all (so many expired bugs there).

But when your players have to switch to an older game version where the information they want exists - it feels like the new game version is far worse and needs to be fixed.

Top Bottom