Please make Elite Stars (prestige) ranks retroactive.

Combat rank comes from kills, but is there any Credits (in-game money) for bounties etc involved? Exploration and trade purely come from money. So money is the infinite-ranking, whoever has the most money has the highest "rank".
No, it's about enemy combat rank: elite sidey counts as much as elite conda.

You know you don't HAVE to grind up the new ranks right - and that even the old ranks are meaningless?

"Blaze your own trail" and all that?
I think it's time we give these common dismissals numbers. People could just reply with '14' instead of typing it all out. That would save a lot of time.

Last edited:
I think it's time we give these common dismissals numbers. People could just reply with '14' instead of typing it all out. That would save a lot of time.
Should we do the same with common complaints? Let's call this one eleventyseven. Open only can be a wet deuce, ship interiors can be treefiddy, and so on.

The new ranks* get shiny armour cosmetics. I'd like to see the Elite Mercenary & Elite Exobiology ones (the low level Exo ones are quite garish, not convinced, but I like the Merc ones :) )

* The new new ranks, not the new old ones - who cares about them ;)

"Prestige ranks" for trading & exploration are really a joke on us.
Funny. Har. Har.
I've sold explo data twice after Oddity release, both times in Horizons as I don't trust Odyssey to work properly yet.
Netted about billion each time, I'm now Elite V in exploration. o_O😅

Combat may be different, if rank of pewpew victims still determines how many you need to pixsplode. Even more so if for at least the final step from IV to V only Elite xplosions count.

The game/franchise is named Elite for a reason. Sure some people like to have it as a box to check , or a means to get to shinrata. But in the game as a whole it symbolizes the ultimate achievement - You have become Elite.

It means something in the Lore (yup i used the L word)… and there were a multitude of other ways that FD could have added achievements … possibly by providing other awards/honorifics etc through special missions etc… but this was the easiest and required no actual content.

This contributes nothing to the game except to trash the whole basis of the franchise. I Propose a rename to Bog-Standard Space Game … the BSG folk will be happy then atleast.

The funny thing is they could blame this whole mess in game on the Pilots Federation… letting non-pilots have rankings (bio and merc) as a political correctness move to be more inclusive or some other excuse.

And have old curmudgeon pilots rolling in their invisible tionisla graves that the PF decided to add pips to the Elite rank. Even not adding physical content it would bring some story explanation.

Only important thing about getting Elite is getting access to Jamieson, easily done within a week of getting the game.

Combat rank comes from kills, but is there any Credits (in-game money) for bounties etc involved? Exploration and trade purely come from money. So money is the infinite-ranking, whoever has the most money has the highest "rank".
That doesn't not work for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom