PMFs: data, charts, and the coming galactic player wars...

I am talking about the leader of the squadron who etablished the player faction

1. there is not necessarily a squadron leader/founder, having a squadron is not the pre-requisite to establish a player minor faction.

2. minor factions ingame do not work like that. player minor factions don't work differently than npc-minor faction; there is no additional "ownership" - something many people requesting a player minor faction fail to see (but understand after playing the backgroundsimulation for a while, at which point they either stop or find interesting ways to deal with it). all you get is a npc minor faction with a name and a galmap text in their home system.

(i recommend putting up your post into the suggestion forum, where it imho belongs - and as there are so many pros and cons around such a suggestion, it will derail this thread to discuss it thoroughfull)

Last edited:
1. there is not necessarily a squadron leader/founder, having a squadron is not the pre-requisite to establish a player minor faction.

2. minor factions ingame do not work like that. player minor factions don't work differently than npc-minor faction; there is no additional "ownership" - something many people requesting a player minor faction fail to see (but understand after playing the backgroundsimulation for a while, at which point they either stop or find interesting ways to deal with it). all you get is a npc minor faction with a name and a galmap text in their home system.

About point 1: Each squadron has a leader. This is the one who has the rights to let players into the squadron, kick them out and so on.

About point 2: I know that it doesn't work like this NOW. It's just my idea to change that

About point 1: Each squadron has a leader. This is the one who has the rights to let players into the squadron, kick them out and so on.
yes, but not every player group, which has a faction named by them ingame, has a squadron - you don't need a squadron to establish a player groups minor faction - which is what i was saying by "having a squadron is not the pre-requisite to establish a player minor faction".

Well, if FD program a PMF-war in ED, it would be the smallest problem to build in a funktion for your player groups to name a leader or whatever

Last edited:
Let’s not forget that multiple squadrons can pledge allegiance to a minor faction, player-named or not.

The only thing a player-named minor faction gives you is canonizing your own Elite fan-fiction, no more, no less.

Well, if FD program a PMF-war in ED, it would be the smallest problem to build in a funktion for your player groups to name a leader or whatever
I think the feature you advocate can be handled using squadrons. Squadron1 can serve notice to Squadron2 they intend to target the shipping of the PMF which Squadron2 is pledged to, for example. Left unchallenged, that could have real consequences for the faction targeted.

PMFs could still serve as a backdrop... i.e., two rival squadrons can fight each other across a variety of battlegrounds in various systems. Assets can be won or lost that way.

Top Bottom