Ships Point Defence Ammo Synthesis ?

Hi everyone!
i'm fairly new with E.D. and maybe i am just overlooking it but, how do i synthesize point defence ammo in my ship?

thanks

There is no facility to synthesize ammo for the PDT so no @Eduard_Balman you are not overlooking anything. I suppose they think that even firing volleys of 3 rounds at a time the stock of 10,120 should last quite a long time. ;)

Last edited:
There is no facility to synthesize ammo for the PDT so no @Eduard_Balman you are not overlooking anything. I suppose they think that even firing volleys of 3 rounds at a time the stock of 10,120 should last quite a long time. ;)
If a single point defence turret needs to fire 12 shots to take out a single seeker missile, a single point defence turret with 10,012 rounds can theoretically take out 833 seeker missiles with a single load of ammo. Assuming that the point defence turret manages to take out every single missile that is fired, without engineering it would take over 3 Type 10s using nothing but seekers to use up all of the ammo for a single point defence.

If packhounds are used instead of regular seeker missiles, we can reduce the number of shots per missile from 12 to 6 as packhounds are less sturdy than regular seekers. This means that a single point defence can theoretically neutralize 1666 packhounds, which is more packhounds than a pair of Anacondas are capable of having without engineering.

Given the sheer volume of missiles that would be required to make a point defence run out of ammo, it's mostly a non-issue, especially when you consider that the point defence would not be able to neutralize every single missile and would probably have been destroyed by the missile spam long before it could have tun out of ammo.

Top Bottom