[Poll] Third fire button

Do you want Third fire button?

• Yes

Votes: 119 91.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yeah, need 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 12 fire buttons! For an Anaconda with Cargo/K Scanner, Discovery Scanner, Chaff (Nah, actually I already have a separate button for Chaff, so 11 would be sufficient :p )

I just need one more finger when I have to fire all weapons at the same time, but I don't think FD can help with that. Anyway, I can also use my feet.

Definitely +1 for additional fire buttons. 4 would be nice, but I see no reason to restrict that. And for the 'complexity', they could do the same thing they did for Modules Priority: If you only use 1 and 2, stop cycling fire buttons after 3. And if you use up to 4, then make the 5th one available.

This would add 3 lines in the Controls Settings page though. Big deal. Ah, maybe not ^^

Hopefully FD will read this thread and implement it. Repetitive switching fire groups is madness - I have bounty-scanner and missile on the same button but different groups, and sometime I mis-clicked the weapon change ;-)

Quoting my prev thread
"I think that two fire buttons greatly reduce the easiness of managing more complex weapon setups in ships with 4+ hardpoints.
Switching fire groups is just meh. For instance right now I'm outfitting my Cobra for wanted Anaconda hunting. I want to give a try with 2x C1 Beam Lasers, 1x C2 Multicannon and 1x C2 Dumbfire missiles.
So I have to make at least 2 fire groups: Beams+Multi and Multi+Missiles (or other combination).

On bigger ships the issue is just well... bigger Not to mention extra scanners like KWS.
This is just "5 minutes" work for coding and some more for UI change.
What do you guys think?"

5 minutes work lol.
That is what everyone says who has no idea of what it actually entails.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Closing as an example of thread necromancy. Other, similar, threads exist asking for more fire buttons that have been as effective as this one.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom