Possible bug: lemurs dying of dehydration

My lemur enclosure contains several drinking taps with endless water but the animals are still heavily dehydrated and die from it. Even when I place the animals right next to the tap, they won't drink from it. This stresses me out, because lemurs are available in franchise mode only for ridiculous prices and I don't want to lose mine.

I've noticed this bug twice in my new zoo with my warthogs. First a baby died of dehydration because he prioritized staying near the mother over drinking water, so when I moved him next to water he would completely ignore it to return to the group

The 2nd time one of my adults wouldn't drink from a fountain if any other animals were near it, so I had to place a 2nd one

Happened to me with an entire Pronghorn herd. In a span of one day they all suddenly stopped drinking so I sent them all to Trade center so they wouldn't dehydrate to death.

As far as I know the People at Frontier are already trying to fix it. I hope it will be possible to fix it completely. I've had already Problems with dehydrated Bisons, Pronghorns and Wolves but now it is way more frequent and also happens to my Apes and Rhinos

This stresses me out, because lemurs are available in franchise mode only for ridiculous prices and I don't want to lose mine.
You can prevent the Death for some time if you put them into Quarantine. They will automatically get Food and Water in there.

Which kind of Lemur are you talking about?
You can send me a private message if you mean Ring Tailed Lemurs and need some females. I would sell some of them (but it wouldn't be Lemurs with the best Genes because I'm currently still trying to set up a good new Group because the old Group completely died when my old male died without me noticing it)

Last edited:
Good to hear they're already working on it. Logged in today and got swamped with notifications about dehydrated lemurs, tapirs and flamingos. Already added my contribution to the issue tracker.

The patch did exactly NOTHING for me, it merely made the game even more unplayable than it already was. Instead of fixing the thirst problem my still go thirsty all the freaking time. There's also the fact that while my previous set up - with X keepers, X vets and X mechanics, all dependent on how many animals there are in the habitat - worked as intended, I now constantly get notifications about cleanliness, disease risks and diseased animals. My keepers enter a habitat and instead of thinking 'hey, this place needs a thorough cleaning' they turn around, leave and GO TO FETCH FOOD FIRST. Even if the animals aren't hungry and there's food in the enrichment items!

My patience with this bug-filled game is growing very thin. Don't you guys at Frontier test things first? We're about half a year out from the official release and every update breaks things that worked before instead of just fixing stuff. I'm really getting more than annoyed with how things are handled right about now. And frankly, I'm growing tired of the 'report the issue on the tracker' suggestion. As I and others have pointed out a lot of these bugs and issues shouldn't even be in a released game in the first place!

Top Bottom