Possible monetization suggestion related to fleet carriers?

Fleet carriers are an annoyance to have because of their upkeep.
I personally would spend real money to get a fleet carrier that did not require monthly upkeep.

How that would work lore-wise is very simple. Just make a Gutamaya-themed reskin for it (maybe with a similarly reskinned interior matching that theme) that you sell in the ARX store, and say slaves crew it thus does not need crew salary weekly upkeep.

It would make Fdev money and give us something we have wanted for a long time now: the removal of fleet carrier weekly upkeep.
It would also come with an amazing gutamaya skin for us imperials out there to enjoy.

So you don't feed your slaves? They won't last long that way, you'll need to keep buying new ones!
When was the last time your character ate a cheeseburger?
Food doesn't get consumed in this universe... unless its beer ordered by demanding passengers which gets consumed by the tonne.

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind an increase in the jump maintenance cost if it meant the weekly went away. Make it a quarter million per jump (or hell, even a full million), and say all the extra is for feeding the slave maintenance crews while they work since they sleep in cryo pods or something when not working.

The point is, Frontier gets money and we get an annoyance removed. Two problems solved in one go.

Last edited:
Nope. That is just blatant P2W. You are literally paying money to avoid a large amount of gameplay that other players who don't pay must engage with to achieve the same end.

When was the last time your character ate a cheeseburger?

You understand this isn't about physically eating, but actual market processes that are simulated in game. Of your FC isn't paying anything out it isn't getting anything in, no food, no water, no toilet paper, stand by for riots on board. Trying to deflect to actual eating is silly and pointless, NPC pilots still get payed, why shouldn't FC's still have expenses?

You are literally paying money to avoid a large amount of gameplay that other players who don't pay must engage with to achieve the same end.
tbh it's not even a lot of gameplay. I generally do 2 hours a week atm and that not only covers upkeep but over the last year I've also accumulated enough to buy another carrier. I really don't know what people are doing when they say it's too hard to get one or keep one. CRs are totally meaningless now. 🤷‍♂️

Nope. That is just blatant P2W. You are literally paying money to avoid a large amount of gameplay that other players who don't pay must engage with to achieve the same end.
I'm sorry, but this cracked me up.
Getting rid of the annoyance of a small weekly credit drain is pay to win?

I really don't see how this would break the balance of the game or give any sort of unfair advantage.

You understand this isn't about physically eating, but actual market processes that are simulated in game. Of your FC isn't paying anything out it isn't getting anything in, no food, no water, no toilet paper, stand by for riots on board. Trying to deflect to actual eating is silly and pointless, NPC pilots still get payed, why shouldn't FC's still have expenses?
NPC's get paid on percentages. You don't have to manage anything, and if you do nothing (or have them inactive) they get nothing.
I'd be fine if the same sort of system applied to fleet carriers, maybe have a percentage of anything earned by a fleet carrier service be automatically deducted for crew and material costs.
Make that the expense. But this stupid static drain, no matter how much or how little the fleet carrier is used, needs to go.

I just figured this way Frontier would get something out of fixing the problem that might prolong the company's, and therefore the game's, life.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but this cracked me up.
Getting rid of the annoyance of a small weekly credit drain is pay to win?

I really don't see how this would break the balance of the game or give any sort of unfair advantage.

NPC's get paid on percentages. You don't have to manage anything, and if you do nothing (or have them inactive) they get nothing.
I'd be fine if the same sort of system applied to fleet carriers, maybe have a percentage of anything earned by a fleet carrier service be automatically deducted for crew and material costs.
Make that the expense. But this stupid static drain, no matter how much or how little the fleet carrier is used, needs to go.

I just figured this way Frontier would get something out of fixing the problem that might prolong the company's, and therefore the game's, life.

It's not static and that's how it works, you can turn services on or off and that reduces the amount you have to pay each week. If you don't do very many jumps that reduces the amount you pay each week. It's a dynamic amount that changes depending on how much you use the FC, and the more you use it in fact the more credits you tend to earn. The only way it becomes a static drain is if you buy one and then park it forever, but that seems a rather silly thing to do. The worst thing is the people who buy a carrier, park it up somewhere and then stop playing the game, so the carriers now sit there basically forever taking up parking slots wherever they are. So essentially this is designed specifically for players who want to park their FC somewhere permanently.

when i got my carrier it took me about a month or two of casual play to get it to
1714629634591.png

if you need help getting the cr let me know

I will support this suggestion fifteen years from now unless I go exploring and bio sampling in my FC in the meantime in which case it will be even longer.

The suggestion of jump costs being increased so we don’t pay for the crew and facilities is fine for those who mainly park but at a million per jump I would be paying more than I am now after only 7,500Ly in a week or anything over 2 jumps a day.

Top Bottom