Horizons Posted another ticket:-

I was interdicted 3 times in overlap. Got out of that okay. Got to no fire zone and one of the interdicters spawned beside me and started to fire at a beluga liner.
I fired one shot at the bad guy and was immediately blown up.
The instance was : 1 shot, the station voice said "violation noted you have been ... " and as been was spoken I heard half a word, eject.
Then the screen was smeared with color and stuff.
I logged but the ship was still destroyed.
One thing I don't like is If Fdev do something bad, you get flung back in time. Log to avoid a bad situation, you get flung back in time. Just not as far.
But if your ship is at the instance of destructing and you log. Fdev makes sure you lose. Not fair. Should be one or the other.[mad]

The bad guy was in the no fire zone as well. And I was trying to save a liner that may have been full of passengers.

And I have always done things this way, and I get fined. Even at that station. But this time, they seemed to think the wanted pirate was the good guy.

sounds as if you didn't wait till your scan finished - e.g. till the ship you targeted showed WANTED.

if you fire on a ship before that, you'll get wanted (a 9 minutes bounty) and station will open fire.

Actually you fired in the NO-fire-zone - extremely bad idea.
Yesterday while docking I got also a pirate NPC firing at me.
I was an impressive lightshow by the station's defences and all the security NPC moved and and fired too.

In other words: Don't shoot in a no firezone just move and let the security do the work.

I have fired in No Fire zones, but only when I have been fired upon, and after I have completed a sensor scan (if I have the time I will also do a KWS). Yes, I have been fined for doing so, but (barring the original attacker, and, if in a wing, his wingmen) no other vessel has opened fire on my. I make UTTERLY CERTAIN not to fire when anything else (such as the station) is behind my target. I do not want stray shots to hit anything else and get them angry with me!

Last edited:
good luck with your ticket. i suspect however that this is the game working as intended and the issue is down to pilot error...

sounds as if you didn't wait till your scan finished - e.g. till the ship you targeted showed WANTED.
Ship was wanted. Also my mission target. Also, the station was firing on him before me.
if you fire on a ship before that, you'll get wanted (a 9 minutes bounty) and station will open fire.
No 9 minute stuff (never heard of that before )Ship was wanted. Also my mission target. Also, the station was firing on him before me.
Actually you fired in the NO-fire-zone - extremely bad idea.
Yesterday while docking I got also a pirate NPC firing at me.
I was an impressive lightshow by the station's defences and all the security NPC moved and and fired too.

In other words: Don't shoot in a no firezone just move and let the security do the work.

good luck with your ticket. i suspect however that this is the game working as intended and the issue is down to pilot error...

Yes. Maybe right. But I have fired on wanted mission targets before at this and other stations. (Green for me) and always got a fine.

Just in case it is relevant I play solo only.

Last edited:
If you fire upon a ship BEFORE your sensor scan has completed the Authorities will deem that YOU are the aggressor, REGARDLESS of whether your target was firing on you, and so will hit you with a 400cr fine and a 9 minute WANTED tag. If the ship you hit is destroyed while you are in the area (there may be an expiry time limit when you are no longer deemed to be the cause, but I do not know what it is) YOU will be deemed the killer, the fine will go up to around 6,500cr, and the WANTED tag now has a week to run before it expires and you can pay off the fine.

If you fire upon a ship BEFORE your sensor scan has completed the Authorities will deem that YOU are the aggressor, REGARDLESS of whether your target was firing on you, and so will hit you with a 400cr fine and a 9 minute WANTED tag. If the ship you hit is destroyed while you are in the area (there may be an expiry time limit when you are no longer deemed to be the cause, but I do not know what it is) YOU will be deemed the killer, the fine will go up to around 6,500cr, and the WANTED tag now has a week to run before it expires and you can pay off the fine.

I accept whatever happens, but there was no timer and I was not wanted. Still not wanted because I was destroyed instantaneously.

See what I'm saying. I shoot a pirate a couple days ago and get a small fine for firing in the no fire zone. Yesterday I got instantly obliterated for doing the same thing at the same station. Something has changed in the way the game did things.

Trying to make a post down the bottom but it wont take. Anybody know what is wrong?

Last edited:
Actually I need to edit the ticket, I think. Hope it isn't to late.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I need to edit the ticket wording. Just looked at the Headings and couldn't find where it is.

Can you point me to the area or heading please?

- - - Updated - - -

Something is wrong. I tried to ask something here and the post quick reply didn't work 2 times.

I need help to find the ticket support heading.

My posts wont take anymore. What is wrong with the forum

Well, it finally took. All the bloody times. Hahahah.

Last edited:
Top Bottom