Potential for more: Bears

Hey everybody.
I wanted to discuss potential for other members of animal families we currently have in game.
I thought about what continents, biomes, themes we do not have for a certain animal family.
I want to see what other __ can be added that differ from continent/biomes of bears we already have to make way for any future __.
Today I want to discuss bears.
North America India Asia Arctic (counts for NA and Europe)
Grizzly Bear Himalayan Brown Bear Formosan Black Bear Giant Panda Polar Bear
Taiga, Temperate, Tundra Taiga, Tundra Tropical Temperate Temperate Tundra

As there are no bears in Africa, Antarctica or Australia. There are bears of South America that I am sure would make great candidates. I am sure Sloth bears could also have potential.
Does anyone have other suggestions for other bears that would meet different criteria by continent and biomes so they are different enough from what we have?

I definitely want the American Black Bear. After that Spectacled (Andean) Bear would be great, then Sloth and Sun Bears. I'm not so sure about Moon Bears since they are so close to Formosean Bears in both region and looks, and the same with other North American brown and black bears like the Kodiak and Kermode Bear, respectively.

I'm not so sure about Moon Bears since they are so close to Formosean Bears in both region and looks

They are the same species.

I would also like the Andean bear and if I could pick one more I would say the sun bear. We don't have that many south east Asian species and I think they have interesting behaviours and are visually quite different to other bears.

The American black bear seems a likely future addition.

They are the same species.

I would also like the Andean bear and if I could pick one more I would say the sun bear. We don't have that many south east Asian species and I think they have interesting behaviours and are visually quite different to other bears.

The American black bear seems a likely future addition.

Ah that explains why they look so much alike. :LOL: Yes, the Sun Bear, American Black Bear and Andean Bear would be my top 3, since they are all different regions, and visual different from the bears already in their region (and of course, South American doesn't have a bear in game yet).

Great idea. I love bears and they should not be so hard to make since they already made quite a few.
I would love especially Sloth bear, Sun Bear, American Black Bear and Andean Bear in that order.

Hmm... only bears I'd truly care for at this point are the American Black Bear (most common bear), Spectacled Bear (interesting South American bear) and the Sloth Bear (cool looking insect eater)… after that they all appear to be sub-species with barely any notable differences, like how we have both the Grizzly and the Himalayan Brown... it starts getting unnecessarily redundant...

15694BE7-466B-477F-A969-CD370C63E5BD.jpeg

Sloth Bear
E5F87246-171D-44CF-B115-542FC9D65660.jpeg

Malayan Sun Bear
31A876FB-247D-44E7-94E2-18BBEDC9A8FB.jpeg

Andean Bear

Any of these 3 would be great. My favorite would have to be the sun bear tho. A American black bear would be nice too.

For me the Malayan sun bear is the one I want the most. The others all behave quite similarly (with exception to the sloth bear, I guess), but the sun bear is extremely unique both in appearance and behaviour and would require a much more intensive overhaul in terms of design.

Top Bottom