Pound for Pound, Best fighting ship?

Best ship for combat?

Y'all go away with your puny Vipers, Eagles or Cobras, forget about the big clunky targets like Condas, Cutters or Vettes.

Get yourself a Vulture, engineer it to the max, you will never want anything else OP :D

The vulture is one of my favorite ships. But with only 2 HPs it feels too limited, hence the Viper edges it out in my preference.

FNS James Halliday Vulture w/60 dps

FNS Fangorodrim Viper w/54 dps + 2 extra effects and constant TOT from the turrets

I would say pound for pound either the diamondback scout or the Vulture.

The DBS is a vastly under appreciated ship.
Its cheap but also packs a respectable punch ,while being fast, agile, cool running, having decent shields thanks to four utility slots, and able to be made quite tanky as well.

If you mean literal weight, Courier. 3 2C hardpoints in something the weight of a sidewinder. In a lightweight build, 825+ m/s boost speed and ~600 shield hp backed by decent resists and one set of SCBs on a small target. In a tankier build, 1,500+ shield hp and 600 m/s with big guns and three sets of SCBs. Stupid fast, very maneuverable, and very tough for it’s size/speed with pretty sharp teeth. Between chaff, small size, and the high speed you should be able to get away from anything your guns won’t chew through, tank anything else, and kill most NPCs with no issues.

Fast, Killy Courier: https://beta.coriolis.io/outfit/imp...TohCcWYCAAA=.EweloBhBGA6SQFMCGBzANokMK5FAoA==

Money? Probably a Vulture. It’ll kill anything when engineered to the gills and well piloted, and costs a fraction of the capable medium combat ships.

Last edited:
why no enhanced perf thrusters?

Cause they are both slower on and cannot be powered by that setup.

I don't use EPTs on my combat Viper III either. Performance advantage is marginal and having your drives shut of every time someone tickles your PP with a railgun is annoying.

Top Bottom