Powerplay Powerplay Special Weapons unlock

I just started playing a few weeks back and have just unlocked my first Power-play special weapon and read somewhere on here that once unlocked it remains unlocked; so does that mean even if I leave this alliance (either defect to another alliance or become free-agent) I will keep the ability to rebuy this weapon or would I need to rejoin this alliance and work up my rank again?

Powerplay modules are only available in outfitting as long as you're pledged to the respective power. But even after defecting you can still get a new ship with the module in it if you die. And if you sell it in outfitting, you can rebuy it just like any other module. This can be used to "transplant" PP mods to other ships. So you still can use a PP module after you've defected, you can also store it to some extent, it just disappears from the normal outfitting menu.

Last edited:
Thank you Ashkanie, just so I am clear when you say
This can be used to "transplant" PP mods to other ships.
Are you saying that I sell the module before selling/storing my ship and then with the new ship I go back in to 'outfitting' and the module will be there to rebuy?

I'm still too new I guess, not thought about or tried "transplants" so not exactly sure if that is the correct steps for what you suggest; secondly, are you saying I can only "transplant" for as long as I am with that alliance?

Again thank you for taking the time to respond with much detailed info.

Thank you Ashkanie, just so I am clear when you say Are you saying that I sell the module before selling/storing my ship and then with the new ship I go back in to 'outfitting' and the module will be there to rebuy?

I'm still too new I guess, not thought about or tried "transplants" so not exactly sure if that is the correct steps for what you suggest; secondly, are you saying I can only "transplant" for as long as I am with that alliance?

Again thank you for taking the time to respond with much detailed info.

This does work, but it has also known to not work, and officially this isn't a supported feature of the game, so swap modules at your own risk.

This does work, but it has also known to not work, and officially this isn't a supported feature of the game, so swap modules at your own risk.
It does not always work properly. Not a big problem usually, but it happened to me that a sold equipment (an A thruster) disappeared from the list once i switched ship.

So it is at your own risk

Top Bottom