#Prayfor60FPS

With all due respect, we’ve given you our money and it has been over a month since release. Saying that there will be gains between now and when the console launches just further implies that this really is an alpha/beta and not really a full release.
Its even worse as they haven't actually said or confirmed if there will be any updates between update 5 and the console DLC release.
In fact they appear to be ignoring that particular question.

Its even worse as they haven't actually said or confirmed if there will be any updates between update 5 and the console DLC release.
So much for the open communication. There's still a lot of limits to that. Even a "we don't know yet" goes a long way.

That's because this is the answer :
The optimization is going to come from console tweaks, not the patches released. The patches are to sort out bugs and smooth over design issues.
They already said optimisation will come from the console work. And console release is planned in autumn.

But if they said in the roadmap "only relatively minor fixes and UI stuff, then a few months before you actually get optimization patches", people would have been really mad.
So, they were relatively vague. The fun will begin with Patch 5.

Performance isn't really worrying me that much, it's ok with some exceptions on my 2060 for now,
but the strain it puts on my card is not ok. Heat goes up to 82-83°, fan is going full power.
Odyssey is the only game in my library putting my card on that much stress.
Same , also a 2060.

The fps is playable, for me, ranging between 40-60 most places with the occasional dip into the high 30s.

But the heat output is, well.... lets just say that during a heatwave like we've been having, the extra heat output from the game makes it physically uncomfortable to play.

"Physically uncomfortable to play" - CMDR Rabbit

That belongs on a parody version of the game's DVD box. 😜
LOL.

FWIW, EDO plays ok for me (recognizing that not everyone has that experience and i may be in the minority), i haven't had a lot of rainbow snake issues beyond one particular morning. FPS is playable for me. I like most of the content even if its a bit shooter heavy. etc etc etc.

Theres a host of little things that bug me in game, but none of them game breaking.

The heat output is however.

LOL.

FWIW, EDO plays ok for me (recognizing that not everyone has that experience and i may be in the minority), i haven't had a lot of rainbow snake issues beyond one particular morning. FPS is playable for me. I like most of the content even if its a bit shooter heavy. etc etc etc.

Theres a host of little things that bug me in game, but none of them game breaking.

The heat output is however.
You have a more than decent card, which is way above the recommended. You shouldn't play "ok". You should be at 120fps at all time and the card should be cold.
I'm above recommended, and I have a bit lower performance than you (1070ti), and also the heat output is ridiculous.

You have a more than decent card, which is way above the recommended. You shouldn't play "ok". You should be at 120fps at all time and the card should be cold.
I'm above recommended, and I have a bit lower performance than you (1070ti), and also the heat output is ridiculous.
Ayyyy 1070 Ti gang!

Top Bottom