Pre-Order Launcher Issue Update

Unfortunately for me this tip not working.
i bought odyssey and elite on FrontierStore,
many times do check integrity, reinstal, log to another acconut, change internet provider and nothing.

Horizons stop working.
Ony Base Elite working fine...

So the Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Alpha is going to be a separate client until full release, right? Or the 'alpha' just going to be in the main client, with all of our existing information and everything?

So the Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Alpha is going to be a separate client until full release, right? Or the 'alpha' just going to be in the main client, with all of our existing information and everything?

This thread is an old thread however.

The Alpha, if it works like all previous Alpha and Beta's and I don't see why it shouldn't, will be a option which you will select from the start menu, it will probably say something like "Odyssey Alpha". You can still log into the Horizons account by selecting that, this will be unchanged. Usually the client data for the Alpha is a few weeks to a month out of date, they take snapshot of the galaxy state and run the Alpha and Beta's in that, leaving the running galaxy alone. It will have no effect of the live Horizon's galaxy and any money you spend or stuff you buy or data you collect will be erased when the live version is released. Anything that happens in Alpha/Beta stays in Alpha/Beta. When this happens it will delete the Odyssey Beta version from your device and add the full release version.

I would assume, it'll be an option in the launcher, like Horizons and Arena are currently. That way they can just push out the new code via the DLC in Steam and when you click on 'Play' it'll open the launcher and provide the options. I'm assuming this because it's a DLC and not a separate game in Steam.

Oh thank goodness, I was losing my mind! Validating files as we speak. Thanks for finding this thread for me Viking! <3

So super dumb question, but AFTER completing all the steps in the original post instructions, are we supposed to add the checkmark BACK to Odyssey in the DLC management page? Instructions didn't mention anything about that...

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
So super dumb question, but AFTER completing all the steps in the original post instructions, are we supposed to add the checkmark BACK to Odyssey in the DLC management page? Instructions didn't mention anything about that...
These instructions are from when the pre-order of Odyssey went live. Not the issues that some people are currently experiencing with seeing the Alpha in the launcher. If your issue is related to that it is being worked on.
1617027213615.png

So i have a very unique issue going on here with the download of the Alpha...after about 6-8gb of donwload my HDD started being used to write a lot....so i changed install to SSD and left it for download there i come back to the same issue! its maxxing our my SSD at 450mbps on short bursts my endurance ration has reported 200GB! data written to the SDD yet the download is crawling at 0.1-0.5mbps.

Top Bottom