Pre-Shows

That's fair, but I retain my original question. What exactly do you want to be done differently? Let me take a few minutes to post some pictures and retype my explanation.

zUCCFH5.jpg

Imh62Ok.png

Is this not a queue in multiple "rooms" with various scenery elements such as the pirate band? Like we said, we all hope and expect for TVs but I don't understand why you want people to enter a separate room from the queue?

And here is another example:
g4ATdW8.png

Mind you I threw these together as quick as possible, but the point is I don't know what you want that we can't already do? Are these not two different examples of what you are looking for?

Last edited:
http://i.imgur.com/zUCCFH5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Imh62Ok.png

Is this not a queue in multiple "rooms" with various scenery elements such as the pirate band? Like we said, we all hope and expect for TVs but I don't understand why you want people to enter a separate room from the queue?

And here is another example: http://i.imgur.com/g4ATdW8.png

Mind you I threw these together as quick as possible, but the point is I don't know what you want that we can't already do? Are these not two different examples of what you are looking for?

No. [tongue] That's just a themed queue. Like I said before a pre-show is a holding room where people fill into for a couple of minutes and then move out the other side. Quite often there would be 2 identical rooms for the same purpose to get people through quicker. Another good example would be Test Track 2.0 at Epcot. In the preshow everyone gets a "design station" each to design their own car and then you get to see how it would have performed as a car during the ride itself. Obviously it would be difficult to do that in a game but I would really like to have the aesthetics of moving people into a room, holding there, and then continuing the queue. Because it's a common thing at Disney and Universal especially. I think What you are not understanding is that the preshoe is not an optional thing. Everyone who passes through the queue has to see the pre-show. Its just a way of spacing out the wait.

http://i.imgur.com/zUCCFH5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Imh62Ok.png

And here is another example: http://i.imgur.com/g4ATdW8.png

You just don't seem to understand the purpose of a pre-show. That is just a themed queue. Look at the link to the other thread that Angelis shared. It should help.

After reading angelis's posted link from the other thread, I think this is absolutely unnecessary and would take too much work not only to add into the game, but to create within the game. Sounds absolutely tedious. Like I said before, I would rather Frontier work on other things. Queue lines are fine as they are and what your asking for would not really be that big of a deal, or more importantly fun. All you guys are saying is "Lets have guests stop and take a break to enjoy the scenery in a themed queue" and acting like its something different.

Don't look at the video game as real world, look at it from a programming perspective. This feature your requesting is pointless. I'm not trying to be rude I'm trying to be logical about what purpose this would achieve. I don't want to see guests stopping in my queues just to stare at the scenery, Its a video game.

Last edited:
After reading angelis's posted link from the other thread, I think this is absolutely unneccessary and would take too much work not only to add into the game, but to create within the game. Like I said before, I would rather Frontier work on other things. Queue lines are fine as they are and what your asking for would not really be that big of a deal. All you guys are saying is "Lets have guests stop and take a break to enjoy the scenery in a themed queue" and acting like its something different. Don't look at the video game as real world, look at it from a programming perspective. This feature your requesting is pointless. I'm not trying to be rude I'm trying to be logical about what purpose this would achieve. I don't want to see guests stopping in my queues just to stare at the scenery, Its a video game.

You might think it's pointless. And if that is the case then say it and leave it for other people to discuss. Your opinion is valued, as is everyone's, but I see no point in continuing to argue your case when you have already made your point clear. It has already been mentioned somewhere (in a livestream I think) that they are working on queue holding areas and such like and for me it is very much a big deal that they do spend time working on it, because it is something that is important to me in a game like this.

It has already been mentioned somewhere (in a livestream I think) that they are working on queue holding areas
I really really hope this isn't true, and that threads like this one don't sway Frontier into thinking this would be an important feature. Very few people would use it IMO. I post what I want where I want to understand peoples reasoning behind such a feature. And obviously you just want a "world builder" and not a ride game.

I really really hope this isn't true, and that threads like this one don't sway Frontier into thinking this would be an important feature. Very few people would use it IMO. I post what I want where I want to understand peoples reasoning behind such a feature. And obviously you just want a "world builder" and not a ride game.

Well I really really hope that it is true and that threads like this one do sway Frontier into thinking this would be an important feature.

thats totally fair bro, and I'm all for you doing that! I just wish and hope for much cooler more fun and interesting things to be added rather than this, Just My Opinion and if ya don't like it then ignore me [cool]

Pre-shows *can* heavily influence the dynamics of queue lines; they eat up waiting guests, letting them move further in the queue at a stretch instead of inching along as vehicles are filled, boost guest happiness right before a ride (important in the management sim), and allow the actual boarding platforms to clear out so people can keep moving instead of standing the entire time.

Perhaps the easiest way for the devs to do this would be to make a special queue path type with "preshow entrance" and "preshow exit" which are doors or a gate. The player specifies the exit hold (maybe 10-60 seconds game time) so peeps will stop at the exit, and when that section of path is full the entrance closes and the "show" runs for as long as specified before the exit opens and allows peeps to continue, then exit closes and the entrance opens again. For deluxe purposes, perhaps the queue line could have special pieces "queue split" and "queue merge" where the line pauses to be moved to multiple alternating show areas (like haunted mansion) and peeps would be directed toward the first one with an open door, rejointing together at a "queue merge" point. (Within the show specified path, there is no real animation, perhaps just "movie screen" scenery that flashes with random patterns while the pre show runs. This could all be enclosed in a building like any path, and the player can zigzag them to fill a "room".

The logic for these would be very close to that of an attraction, just within the confines of a queue line. Also a "queue split" option would allow for multiple boarding platforms if this is an element in the full game.

The other thing this would permit is "walk through" attraction shows (like IOA's Poseidon's Fury) where groups stop in specific areas or rooms to watch a scene before proceeding to the next one.

Last edited:
Pre-shows *can* heavily influence the dynamics of queue lines; they eat up waiting guests, letting them move further in the queue at a stretch instead of inching along as vehicles are filled, boost guest happiness right before a ride (important in the management sim), and allow the actual boarding platforms to clear out so people can keep moving instead of standing the entire time.

Perhaps the easiest way for the devs to do this would be to make a special queue path type with "preshow entrance" and "preshow exit" which are doors or a gate. The player specifies the exit hold (maybe 10-60 seconds game time) so peeps will stop at the exit, and when that section of path is full the entrance closes and the "show" runs for as long as specified before the exit opens and allows peeps to continue, then exit closes and the entrance opens again. For deluxe purposes, perhaps the queue line could have special pieces "queue split" and "queue merge" where the line pauses to be moved to multiple alternating show areas (like haunted mansion) and peeps would be directed toward the first one with an open door, rejointing together at a "queue merge" point. (Within the show specified path, there is no real animation, perhaps just "movie screen" scenery that flashes with random patterns while the pre show runs. This could all be enclosed in a building like any path, and the player can zigzag them to fill a "room".

The logic for these would be very close to that of an attraction, just within the confines of a queue line. Also a "queue split" option would allow for multiple boarding platforms if this is an element in the full game.

The other thing this would permit is "walk through" attraction shows (like IOA's Poseidon's Fury) where groups stop in specific areas or rooms to watch a scene before proceeding to the next one.

Very well said!! I do believe that if they add videos to be able to import into the game, similar to pictures, we could actualy have a legit preshow experience to add. Especially if it is synced with sound speakers.

I couldn't have said it better myself. As long as you can time video elements and sound to match the queue holds (including lighting cues which would need sound and light occlusion to be added). And the queue merge and fork: I just posted about that in another thread! I'm glad to see the idea is out there... I will say this though: timers should have the option to be done in real time. The guests walk around in real time, but they board the coasters and flat rides stupidly fast as if to match the in game time counter. It's a little inconsistent. I like the idea of the in-game animations all being real time with the existing fast forward options and then adding the option to control the day night cycle - that would solve that problem.
Final thought: Your explanation for how to do preshows is spot-on and the queue fork and merge, again, is essential (especially for building multiple flat rides with a single queue like Star Tours or Mission Space).

An option called "events" should be in place.... Meaning a certain amount of interactive elements operate at a certain time, similar to designing a fireworks show. All the objects for that "event" are timed, and repeat at either a specific time or continuously.

they eat up waiting guests, letting them move further in the queue at a stretch instead of inching along as vehicles are filled, boost guest happiness right before a ride (important in the management sim), and allow the actual boarding platforms to clear out so people can keep moving instead of standing the entire time.

Sounds like a lot of work for a tiny feature. I understand the aspect for something like a Haunter Mansion, but still not very common.

If the queue is full of guests, then they will stand in place watching the scenery as long as the queue is full. No need to make guests wait for the queue to fill up before proceeding forward.

the queue fork and merge, again, is essential (especially for building multiple flat rides with a single queue like Star Tours or Mission Space).
Will we have "star tours" or "mission space"? I cant imagine placing multiple flat rides with 1 queue, at least not too frequently.

I think this is something more for the modding/UGC community.

Last edited:
Final thought: Your explanation for how to do preshows is spot-on and the queue fork and merge, again, is essential (especially for building multiple flat rides with a single queue like Star Tours or Mission Space).

Yes I agree with this too. It's another things I've always wanted to be able to do. And as well as the multiple ride situation, it is also completely necessary for things like the wing coaster where people need to load from both sides. Or for a square based drop tower where there could be an entrance on all four sides.

Having a pre show and splitting que lines is a feature I would LOVE to see! It adds a whole new level of management and design to the game. To make a true Disney esque ride, the entire attraction must be an experience and I think having this feature would make that possible. JCoaster explained it perfectly as well

Sounds like a lot of work for a tiny feature. I understand the aspect for something like a Haunter Mansion, but still not very common.

If the queue is full of guests, then they will stand in place watching the scenery as long as the queue is full. No need to make guests wait for the queue to fill up before proceeding forward.

Will we have "star tours" or "mission space"? I cant imagine placing multiple flat rides with 1 queue, at least not too frequently.

I think this is something more for the modding/UGC community.

I think the point is that some of us enjoy being challenged to RECREATE attractions like this. Sooooo... Technically, yes. We COULD have mission: space or star tours. Especially if we could have this:
hqdefault.jpg

Which would also be VERY helpful if we had queue merge paths.. That way it could go to 4 different simulator loading pods...

Top Bottom