Prehistoric crocodile pack

Nice Suggestions ;) !
I would like
Marine:
1. Dakosaurus Andiensis ( 5 - 6 m Long )
2. Plesiosuchus ( 7- 8 m Long )

Semiaquatic:
3. Deinosuchus ( 9 - 10 m long )
4. Sarcosuchus ( 11 -12m Long )

The reason why I would not (now) put some other croc relatives into such an 4 creature pack. ( Only my subjective Opinion, I would be happy about every one new species ;) !
a.) Kaprosuchus would be nice, but only the shape of its skull is know . The rest of the animal is scientific speculation. Thats the reason i wouldn´t include it.
b.) Simosuchus is nice but relative smal , so I would give the place Plesiosuchus .
c.) Stomatosuchus would be nice as BIG filterfeeder ( like Humpback whales ) that only catches small fish and could live with many other Marine Reptilians together in our Lagoons , but sadly there are almost none real fossils of it but only dokumentation papers ( fossils were destroy during WWII ).

The 3 very different Skulls on the right belong To : A ) Plesiosuchus ,.... B ) Dakosaurus Maximus C) Dakosaurus Andeniensis
587px-Geosaurini-587x550.png
FBxVgDkXEAw2U1a.jpg:large
epoch___mesozoic_crocodylomorphs_by_emilystepp_dfafszu-350t.jpg
d-scwhimmeriscale_orig.png
beaky_overbites___pholidosaurs_by_artbyjrc_dfrkmmk-pre.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to see some crocodiles and/or their relatives in the game! I'd also really like to see some phytosaurs or one of the huge, predatory amphibians like Prionosuchus that would probably act like a crocodile, but I know they're much less likely.

Marine:
  • Metriorhynchus
  • Sarcosuchus / Deinosuchus

Land:
  • Simosuchus
  • Kaprosuchus
These are some very nice picks! I personally would prefer Sarcosuchus since it looks less like our modern species, but would be happy with either one.

I love the idea of adding Simosuchus and it might be my favorite of the four, but might agree with Dinotracker that it could be too small. Armadillosuchus could be a great alternative with its larger size, omnivorous diet, and incredibly armored body. Chimaerasuchus could also work, as it is a close relative of Simosuchus that is a little bigger.

Marine:
1. Dakosaurus Andiensis ( 5 - 6 m Long )
2. Plesiosuchus ( 7- 8 m Long )

Semiaquatic:
3. Deinosuchus ( 9 - 10 m long )
4. Sarcosuchus ( 11 -12m Long )
These are also great suggestions! Personally, I have no issue if they add species either known from incomplete fossils like Pyroraptor or only immature individuals like Dryosaurus so I would love to see something like Stomatosuchus, but I understand why you may not want to include them in your suggestions.

A great alternative to Kaprosuchus could be Stratiotosuchus, which is known from an almost complete skeleton and was likely bigger than Kaprosuchus. You could swap out one of metriorhynchid crocs in the pack for it, which would give you one highly aquatic species, one highly terrestrial species, and two species somewhere in-between.

I would love to see some crocodiles and/or their relatives in the game! I'd also really like to see some phytosaurs or one of the huge, predatory amphibians like Prionosuchus that would probably act like a crocodile, but I know they're much less likely.

These are some very nice picks! I personally would prefer Sarcosuchus since it looks less like our modern species, but would be happy with either one.

I love the idea of adding Simosuchus and it might be my favorite of the four, but might agree with Dinotracker that it could be too small. Armadillosuchus could be a great alternative with its larger size, omnivorous diet, and incredibly armored body. Chimaerasuchus could also work, as it is a close relative of Simosuchus that is a little bigger.

These are also great suggestions! Personally, I have no issue if they add species either known from incomplete fossils like Pyroraptor or only immature individuals like Dryosaurus so I would love to see something like Stomatosuchus, but I understand why you may not want to include them in your suggestions.

A great alternative to Kaprosuchus could be Stratiotosuchus, which is known from an almost complete skeleton and was likely bigger than Kaprosuchus. You could swap out one of metriorhynchid crocs in the pack for it, which would give you one highly aquatic species, one highly terrestrial species, and two species somewhere in-between.
The great thing about Stomatosuchus would be that it is Peacefull enough and in the same way huge enough to live together with many other species in Laggons or enclosoures ;) !

The great thing about Stomatosuchus would be that it is Peacefull enough and in the same way huge enough to live together with many other species in Laggons or enclosoures ;) !
Definitely! Between the three mentioned "crocs" that are around 10m (give or take 1-2m), I imagine Stomatosuchus would only eat 'Small' dinosaurs (based on their size stated in the hatchery) that would come near the water, Sarcosuchus would eat 'Small' and 'Medium' dinosaurs since it evolved to be a more dangerous predator but had a thinner snout and less bulky body than Deinosuchus, and Deinosuchus would eat 'Small', 'Medium', and 'Large' dinosaurs since it was bigger, stronger, and perhaps the only one of the three capable of 'death rolling'.

Definitely! Between the three mentioned "crocs" that are around 10m (give or take 1-2m), I imagine Stomatosuchus would only eat 'Small' dinosaurs (based on their size stated in the hatchery) that would come near the water, Sarcosuchus would eat 'Small' and 'Medium' dinosaurs since it evolved to be a more dangerous predator but had a thinner snout and less bulky body than Deinosuchus, and Deinosuchus would eat 'Small', 'Medium', and 'Large' dinosaurs since it was bigger, stronger, and perhaps the only one of the three capable of 'death rolling'.
In most pionts I share your opinion, but one thing to say.
Sarcosuchus Skull is much mure robust build than it looks ;) .
Dakosaurus was not as big as other croc-realtives, but it had the most robust Skull with teeth that were not made to catch small fish but instead to attack big Prey , possibly much bigger than the Preadator itself.

In most pionts I share your opinion, but one thing to say.
Sarcosuchus Skull is much mure robust build than it looks ;) .
Dakosaurus was not as big as other croc-realtives, but it had the most robust Skull with teeth that were not made to catch small fish but instead to attack big Prey , possibly much bigger than the Preadator itself.
Definitely! Saying that a Deinosuchus has stronger jaws than a Sarcosuchus is like saying a Koenigsegg is faster than a Bugatti since both cars can go over 300mph/450kmh and both crocs have two of the strongest jaws ever. I think Sarcosuchus would go after any Triceratops, Ankylosaurs, Deinocheirus, and Nigersaurs left in its exhibit, but it might leave something like an Alamosaurus or Dreadnoughtus alone whereas Deinosuchus might be more likely to try attacking them. If nothing else, this could be another way to make the two species more different in-game.

I wasn't too familiar with Dakosaurus before our conversation, but it sounds like an impressive hunter! Considering Lieurplodon only attacks the smallest creatures, it would be interesting to see a marine reptile that actively hunts creatures larger than itself. If they add two fully aquatic crocs, I think they could pick a machimosaurid to go along with Dakosaurus. I think Machimosaurus is the biggest and probably the best pick, but there are other options.

It would be great to introduce new prehistoric creatures that lived with the dinosaurs. With the rock platform I can see crocodiles be great for the game. And it would be great to either get the more marine earlier crocodiles or the later ones like a Sarcosuchus. I hope more animal types are introduced to the game. Having Archelon is awesome. It makes the exhibits feel more real. Besides crocodiles I also wish we could get prehistoric birds like Hesperornithes, flightless toothed seabirds of the Cretaceous.

1696986422225.png

1696986491664.png

Last edited:
It would be great to introduce new prehistoric creatures that lived with the dinosaurs. With the rock platform I can see crocodiles be great for the game. And it would be great to either get the more marine earlier crocodiles or the later ones like a Sarcosuchus. I hope more animal types are introduced to the game. Having Archelon is awesome. It makes the exhibits feel more real. Besides crocodiles I also wish we could get prehistoric birds like Hesperornithes, flightless toothed seabirds of the Cretaceous.

View attachment 370024
View attachment 370025
One of this early flightless " Seabirds" would really fitt well for the Lagoons with the Rockplattform.
More different looking skins for this Plattforms would be nice too ;) !
PS: technically Hesperornithes are Diving Dinosaurs because all Birds are Dinosaurs ;) !

Not a fan of a group specific pack, but if we're talking prehistoric crocodiles...
  • Would love a genuine crocodilian like Sarchosuchus or Deinosuchus, but until they take semi-aquatics seriously they'll either have to be fully terrestrial and simply walk through water, or be put in the lagoon which is meant to simulate an open ocean environment... neither would be ideal.
  • My preference for true aquatic croc would be Metriorhynchus; most others like Dakosaurus look like they're trying to be a mosasaur... Metriorhynchus still looks the part of a crocodile.
a.) Kaprosuchus would be nice, but only the shape of its skull is know .
True, but the construction of the skull suggests it was likely a terrestrial croc, and since terrestrial crocs are more or less identical in terms of body plan, it wouldn't be that weird.

b.) Simosuchus is nice but relative small
Compared to Compsognathus or Lystrosaurus it's fine... and easily one of the most unique options for a crocodilian.

We are still missing a few interesting crocodilian species from the mesozoic era. Now that we have rock platforms in lagoons i would think about a pack full of early crocodiles. My choice would go to two marine species and two land species.

Marine:
  • Metriorhynchus
  • Sarcosuchus / Deinosuchus

Land:
  • Simosuchus
  • Kaprosuchus
I completely agree especially since we got a pack for the aquatics and I think Bestindlor made a fantastic video which had the best and perfect crocodilians and new features and cool new choice for a update to go with it
Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_3DVvZNsJ8&pp=ygUQQmVzdGluZGxvdCBzd2FucA%3D%3D

This is a very interesting very awesome pack choices and I do agree we need crocodilians in this game of all shapes and sizes. And I actually think that Deinosuchus and simosuchus definitely need to be in this game because of their unique behaviors that would serve as great New Mechanics for this game for the Simosuchus I hope a burrowing mechanic is added to the game. And now Deinosuchus is the largest true crocodilian ever live.

1. Deinosuchus-Yes Absolutely
20231222_124538.png

2. Fasolasuchus-Seen in 65
20231203_225305.jpg

3. Plesiosuchus
20231222_130537.png

4. Simosuchus-Yes Absolutely
20231222_124340.jpg

I chose plesiosuchus because well it looks really cool and slender and I hope that they don't put scales on it like they did with the leoplurodon. And I also thought that maybe a land crocodilomorph like Fasolasuchus would be an excellent alternative and is the largest Member of its family related to postosuchus but much much bigger at 33 ft in length and weighs much heavier.

Last edited:
Definitely! Saying that a Deinosuchus has stronger jaws than a Sarcosuchus is like saying a Koenigsegg is faster than a Bugatti since both cars can go over 300mph/450kmh and both crocs have two of the strongest jaws ever. I think Sarcosuchus would go after any Triceratops, Ankylosaurs, Deinocheirus, and Nigersaurs left in its exhibit, but it might leave something like an Alamosaurus or Dreadnoughtus alone whereas Deinosuchus might be more likely to try attacking them. If nothing else, this could be another way to make the two species more different in-game.

I wasn't too familiar with Dakosaurus before our conversation, but it sounds like an impressive hunter! Considering Lieurplodon only attacks the smallest creatures, it would be interesting to see a marine reptile that actively hunts creatures larger than itself. If they add two fully aquatic crocs, I think they could pick a machimosaurid to go along with Dakosaurus. I think Machimosaurus is the biggest and probably the best pick, but there are other options.
I Read something about a new Subspecies of Machimosaurs .......Machimosaurs Rex .... with 10m in Length and living in shallow Marine habitats it would be the perfect Crocodilian specie to live in our lagoons and using the Legoonplatforms ;) ! ....soo yes it would be a perfect match with Dakosaurus as Marine Crocodylians for JWE II !
Machimosaurus_rex-novataxa_2016-Fanti-Miyashita-Cantelli-Mnasri-Dridi-Contessi-et-Cau_.jpg

Comparison among skulls of Machimosaurus
(A) holotype of M. buffetauti, (B) neotype of M. mosae, (C) estimated size of the ‘Leira specimen’ of M. hugii, (D) holotype of Machimosaurus rex. Dashed areas in (A) and (B) indicate size of largest known individuals of those species. (E) Reconstruction of Machimosaurus rex body based on preserved elements.
Figures (A)–(C) modified from Young et al. (2014b). DOI: 10.1016/j.cretres.2015.11.011

I Read something about a new Subspecies of Machimosaurs .......Machimosaurs Rex .... with 10m in Length and living in shallow Marine habitats it would be the perfect Crocodilian specie to live in our lagoons and using the Legoonplatforms ;) ! ....soo yes it would be a perfect match with Dakosaurus as Marine Crocodylians for JWE II !
That would be a sight to see in the game! At 10m, I think that makes it as long as things like the Elasmosaurus or Styxosaurus, but that's counting their thin necks. As long as it isn't forced into a tank with a Mosasaurus or Tylosaurus, the Machimosaurus would probably easily dominate any lagoon it's put into.

If I were responsible for creating a species pack with four crocodylomorphs, the Machimosaurus rex you described would definitely be one of them! Thank you for sharing, I had no idea they could get so big!

That would be a sight to see in the game! At 10m, I think that makes it as long as things like the Elasmosaurus or Styxosaurus, but that's counting their thin necks. As long as it isn't forced into a tank with a Mosasaurus or Tylosaurus, the Machimosaurus would probably easily dominate any lagoon it's put into.

If I were responsible for creating a species pack with four crocodylomorphs, the Machimosaurus rex you described would definitely be one of them! Thank you for sharing, I had no idea they could get so big!
There is a new Animal in the JW Toyline that shows a realy nice suggestion for Colouration of Machimosaurs rex skin .... the species is Gryposuchus (up to 10m long )
71lZXbV8BnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61SX7WVHINL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

There is a new Animal in the JW Toyline that shows a realy nice suggestion for Colouration of Machimosaurs rex skin .... the species is Gryposuchus (up to 10m long )
Ooh, that is nice! It looks pretty inspired by Fire Belly Newts which are adorable and largely aquatic like Machimosaurus so I agree the skin is a good fit. I was trying to find other pictures of colorful crocs to suggest, but nearly every one was drab green or brown like modern crocodiles. If they use the skin you suggested, I could also see Machimosaurs with bright yellow, green, or blue stomachs along with different darker colors for their bodies.

Some Modern Crocs have very colourefull skins when young ;) !
The Saltis ( Saltwater crocoiles ) are often darkgreen/brown with black dots, but with a bright yellow/white underside.
1*eZZmkGX_2YMZPy6DZ0rx-A.png
juvenile-saltwater-crocodiles-known-estuarine-600w-92081177.jpg

Some Modern Crocs have very colourefull skins when young ;) !
Oh yeah, those little guys are quite colorful! I think I still prefer the Fire Belly pattern in your previous post, but if they add multiple croc-type creatures then I could definitely see one having a skin based on those little Salties!

Top Bottom